- Text Size +
“Well hello again,” Stephania said smiling at me. “Albert he is awake.”

“Fuck I am still in a nightmare.” I said out loud as I tried to stand up.

“Bring him food, he still doesn’t want blood.” Albert told Stephania.

I watched her disappear and I sat up, I was in a different room. It looked more normal and with normal lighting. “Ok if I agree to listen to you and not interrupt you again. After can I please be released?” I asked.

“I don’t think you will want to leave once you’ve learned where you come from.” He told me as another woman appeared she was blonde, tall, and she was just as gorgeous as Stephania.

“Meet Valentina,” he told me as the woman vowed to me. I gave her a smile.

“Your highness,” she told me and then she was by my side massaging me. I had to admit it felt nice. She was not cold like I had read in books about vampires. “How come she doesn’t feel cold? I thought vampires were cold.” I asked as remembered the many times I had read the Twilight series with Rochelle. I know but they really are good books.

“We are to humans,” he told me. “You can’t feel it because you are one of us.” I bit my lip as I remembered reading that in one of the books too. I was stupid to ask, but wait I am human.

“You’re not human,” Stephania said coming back in with a tray of food. “Cobb salad without guacamole, just like you like it.” She told me as she handed the tray to me. She only made a face at the food. “So not appetizing.” She mumbled.

How the fuck did she know what I liked to eat? I didn’t hesitate though I dug right in as Valentina continued to give me a massage.

“Because we have always been by you. We know everything about you because you are our future king. It was our duty to protect you.” Stephania said and I looked at her.

“Quit doing that!” I told her. She smiled at me and then she walked out of the room.

“Stephania can’t help it she can hear everything everyone is thinking. Even the queen.” Albert told me when he saw my annoyed look. “You are gifted too you know. I think its time you use your powers.”

I stopped the fork before I took it to my mouth. “You need to stop telling me all this shit! I don’t remember any of it!”

“I know that’s why I am here.” He told me he snapped his fingers and Valentina left.

*******

I stared at the portrait that Albert showed me. I was seeing this beautiful woman caring a baby in her arm and a tall man beside her. The baby looked only days old. As I stared at the man I felt chills, he had my eyes. “Is that my father?” I asked suddenly feeling a little sad.

“Yes,” Albert said. “That is the queen.” He pointed to the woman holding the child.

“Is that me?” I asked feeling awkward because I honestly did not remember any of this.

“Yes,” he simply said as he watched me look at the picture.

“I am ready to listen.” I told him…

[Albert speaking-flashback.]

Your father Luke became king shortly after his father was murdered by Tristan’s uncle. Jude Augustulus wanted to rule the vampire world and was the one causing all the chaos in at the time; Medieval Times.

He did not agree with the king’s idea of not overruling the human empire. Which in that era was positively horrible anyway every empire wanted to be superior. That’s why it’s considered the dark ages, the humans were very barbaric but then again so was Jude and his followers.

Jude divided our kind by convincing some of them to go against the king. A war was started and soon many died. The king was hidden away for protection with two human servants while his court fought for him against Jude.

But the king knew he was not going to win and so he turned the male servant into a vampire and had the woman servant take him away. Far away with a promise to never harm her as long as she helped Luke get strong so he could come back and claim what would belong to him.

Luke was anointed prince by King Romulus and shortly after he had sent his female servant with the new prince was he found by Jude and staked.

Sure enough Luke became strong and with Zahel’s help he survived in the deep mountains. Three years later Luke was ready to claim what belonged to him and so he did.

He was able to infiltrate Jude’s army and he personally killed Jude. He finally revealed himself as the new ruler and so everyone succumbed to his will. He did exactly like King Romulus wanted and so we still remained mythical creatures to the humans.

Zahel served him till she died and she was never turned to a vampire. Luke of course was young though and fell in love with a woman who was very much human. His love for her was much stronger than his desire for her blood so he married her. She fell in love with him as well and learned about his true identity.

Together they lived happy and Luke always kept his promise to his wife by not feeding on the innocent. He even introduced us to animal blood. But of course some of us did not like the taste so we continued to hunt human blood, but we stuck to bad people such as pirates, robbers and what not.

[Stops talking…]


I was trying to picture what he was telling me but I still didn’t understand where I fit into that picture. He smiled at me as he looked like he had been picturing what he was telling me.

“You Alex are a true son of Luke you carry his blood…” he told me as he stared at me. “See after King Luke's first wife died… he bowed that he would never fall in love with a frail human. So for many years he did just that. Till he met Raquel Cordova in Spain the date was June 13, 1975. She was a young college student, very prone to accidents. He saved her not once but twice from disaster. He fell in love again and a relationship was formed.”

I looked at the woman on the picture and knew she was Raquel. “She knew Luke was different but Luke tried to not tell her what he really was till one night when she came to him nervous and scared. He could smell the fear in her and as she told him she feared she was pregnant he knew that this would be his next wife.”

I swallowed hard as I heard this and suddenly I began to feel like this did feel a little familiar. I nodded and he smiled before he continued with the story of my real identity according to him.

“Luke asked her to marry him, but before she agreed she asked him to be honest with her and tell her what he was. He revealed what he was and Raquel accepted. But by then Tristan was formed and he found out about his uncle. He vowed revenge and Luke moved from Europe to the States to keep Raquel and his future heir from harm.”

He sighed deeply as he closed his eyes. “Then on January 9, 1978 you were born, unfortunately by then Tristan had found out where Luke was. Raquel feared for your life so did your father. They had tried to live a very civil human life and by then had met Adolf Fernandez. They had become good friends and as such they knew about there one daughter Denise. Luke knew that the child she carried was not going to survive birth.”

“Even before he found out that Tristan was after him he had already planned how he was going to protect you. So after your birth and only then did he sneak into the delivery room of Denise McLean and after clearing everyone’s mind in the delivery he switched the babies. He did give the real little Alex an honorable burial.”

“Wait a minute and I am supposed to remember this?” I asked him still everything sounding surreal.

“Yes you were half vampire when you were born you knew what you were and we vampires develop faster than humans. Your father hypnotized you and with help of Renee a very old and loyal vampire to the throne he was able to do that. I was there.” He said as he took the picture away. “Shortly after that Luke turned Raquel into a Vampire at her request, so she has always kept a close eye on you.”

I shook my head and tried hard to remember. I just couldn’t picture all this. “This is crazy and I personally think I am ready to go. I don’t want any of this, I am no vampire. I am a human and a very fucked up human that loves to sing. I faint at the sight of blood why would I even want to drink it. I am out of here, you can’t force me to believe all this!” I said standing up angry all of a sudden.

“You have Luke’s temper,” he said nonchalantly.

“Just show me the way out of here,” I demanded.

“Fine,” he said standing up. “I guess all this can be a little overwhelming. Stephania make sure he gets back to his hotel safely, now Alex just one more thing though. Think about this if you were human how come you survived this accident?”
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is another chapter... It will get more interesting I promise. I hope you like, I would love some feedback.