- Text Size +
“I have it from here,” I told Stephania as I got out of the Dodge Charger.

“I can’t let you just get off like that,” she told me her hand grabbing my arm pulling me right back into the car. “I am your guardian and I do my things right all the way.”

I glared at her and bit my lip to try not to say anything to her. But Stephania could be a total bitch and cold no pun intended.

“I am a bitch to you only,” she told me as she parked. “The queen hand picked me to follow your ass around. Now lets get you in to the hotel, I have things to do.”

“Look Stephania I don’t need you to follow me around trying to protect me or any of the bullshit you and Albert tried to tell me. I am not a Vamp-,” I stopped as a couple passed by “You know what I mean, so fuck off.”

I began to walk and could only hear Stephania’s laugh behind me. I knew she was doing it on purpose walking behind me; all I wanted was for this night to be over. I wanted to be out of Ontario and forget this shit ever happened.

“It won’t happen,” Stephania told me. “See if you would have stayed with Albert he would have had the chance to explain to you that now that your father has died. You are automatically the king and as such your true identity will start to come out.”

I stopped walking and stared at her horrified what do you mean my true identity will come out I asked fear clear in my throat

She smiled at me wickedly and cleared her throat, “For one you will begin to desire blood and you will begin to change. You will be able to hear people’s conversations from miles away all your senses will heighten. Your vampire side will come out and dominate you weak human one.” She told me as she finally showed me her fangs for the first time her eyes turning into slits as she did

I was about to respond to her when I heard my name I turned around to see my body guard looking at me angrily. “What the hell AJ you left without telling me where you were going? What if something happened to you?”

“I don’t know I just wanted to walk alone for a little bit,” I said not wanting to let him know that he had actually been with me. By this point I knew that my bodyguard didn’t know shit about what had happened it meant that somehow Albert was real. I turned to look at Stephania but she was no where to be seen.

I turned to look at him and give him a smile. “I’m tired I should go to bed,” I lied I actually for the first time in many years felt great. Not even my knee was bothering me.

*******

It would be an understatement if I told you that Stephania was wrong. That night I could not sleep and I did begin to feel a little odd. At first I thought it was me being paranoid about what Stephania had told me but nope.

See as met up with the guys or rehearsal and sound check I began to not only hear what the guys were saying but I could also here there heart beat. Nick’s in specific was the one that attracted me the most and at one point I just kept looking at the vein on his neck, I swear I saw the blood move through it.

I had freaked out so bad that I told the guys I was not feeling too good. I walked out without another word and told them I would be fine for later. I didn’t know how true that was but I just needed to get out. If all this was true I knew one thing, I didn’t want to hurt my human friends.

I knew I needed to find Stephania or Albert. As I made it back to the lobby of the hotel I freaked out when a voice in my head told me to get into the car behind me. “What the fuck?” I said and the voice began to laugh. “It’s me Albert… get in.”

I turned and there stood a black SUV. The windows were tinted and I could still see in? I could Albert sitting in the back with a glass of what I assumed was blood in hand. The chauffeur was human though I could tell because suddenly his heart beat became very interesting to me.

I looked around and then I got in. “How do you feel?” he asked me with a smirk.

I glared at him and spoke, “Like hell… what is happening to me? Is what Stephania told me true?”

He smiled and took a drink of his glass, “Yes your heart is dyeing and with it your human body.”

“I thought that only happened when you got bitten by a vampire. I have not been bitten.” I told him my teeth clenched together. “Why could you have chosen some other guy for whatever it is you want?”

He chuckled and sighed, “Alex you were not bitten but you are a vampire that had been hypnotized to believe you were merely a human. But now that you are needed by your people your true identity will come out.”

“True identity?” I repeated sarcastically I knew who I was and I should be fucking dying to death. I am a very paranoid and this was just beyond any prank.

“I think you hurry up and turn. It is safer that way.” Albert told me as we finally came to stop at a building. It was a gorgeous building, “Now let’s go.”

As I watched him get off and the sun hit him I couldn’t help but think he would like burn. But he didn’t instead he just smiled as I took my time to get off. “Where are we?”

“United Vampire Nation headquarters.” He said calmly as we began to walk in. “Of course to humans this is nothing more than another business building.”

I took a deep breath and walked in and was surprised to see it was just like any regular building. “What do you mean I should rush my turning?” I asked him as I followed him.

“I mean that if you drink blood your turning into a vampire with speed up and by tonight you should finally be a Vampire.” He told me as we stopped at the elevator doors.

We stepped in and instead of going up we went down. The ding of the elevator doors opening announced we had made it whatever floor this was. As soon as I stepped I saw the difference in the décor, it had more of the feel I had seen just last night. “I can’t I don’t want to be a vampire, don’t I have to choose to be one? Or ask to be turned to one?”

Albert laughed and turned to look at me, “Yes if you are human… but you are not.” He told me as he was greeted by another man or should I say vampire. He looked young no more than maybe twenty five. “Sam,” Albert said as he handed him his coat. “Bring us some refreshments; I assume water for my friend here since he still is in denial.”

Sam nodded and smiled at me before he vowed. “Yes sir, Lord Merovech it is an honor to finally meet you.” he told me before he disappeared with an amazing speed.

“Ok listen I am not in denial, I am just not feeling this ok. I just want you to leave me the fuck alone and remove whatever spell you have on me that is making me go nuts. I just fucking craved my best friend’s neck. His NECK!” I said infuriated as remembered Nick’s neck and the pulsating vein.

“I hate to disappoint you Alex or do you prefer for me to call you AJ?” Albert asked me as he opened the door to what I assumed was an office.

“I don’t want you to call me at all.” I said as I hesitantly followed him. I didn’t want to accept any of his bullshit but somehow I still felt curiosity. Could I really be who he says I am? Part of me thought I was being punk’d but part me was really accepting this.

“Look,” Albert said as he lit the fire place in what I assumed was his office. “If you choose to leave I have no control over that, but stay assured that if you do you risk hurting your so called “friends” because you won’t know how to control yourself.” He said using his fingers as quotes when he said friends.

“No this can’t be happening to me, I love my life my HUMAN life.” I said with resignation.

“A life that you don’t deserve. You are much more than a mere human with the life expectancy of maybe ninety years the most. But in your case with the way you smoke and all the partying you did what would it have been sixty?” he told me amused at my face I assumed.

He was right about that though but I wasn’t complaining… “I don’t care I wouldn’t change any part of my life.”

“Alex just think about it… haven’t you seen the signs. All of your life you’ve been attracted to the bad part of the human life. Rock n’ roll baby…” he said in the worst English accent. “Your conscious seemed to know where you belonged…” he pointed at me and my appearance. “You are what you are.”

I shook my head and jumped a little when same came in with to glasses of blood and one bottled water. “Here you go,” he told us before he headed back out.

“You know that Tristan has found out about you… about Luke’s heir. He is looking for you and he will find you whether you accept being part of us or not. He will kill your mother… do you really want that? Besides what explanation will you give your friends now that you won’t age anymore?”

I won’t age? Shit then they should have found me before I started going bald. Talk about bad timing. “I hate you.”

“That’s only your weak human side telling me this.” he said as he took the other glass of blood and walked toward me. “Just drink it Alex. You will love it… doesn’t it smell divine?” he asked me as he inched the glass toward me and for the first time it did smell quite nice.

“I have a concert to attend to tonight… I don’t think I will make if I do choose to turn tonight.” I said my mouth watering as I saw the liquid.

“We’ll take care of that for you… Don’t worry. Just drink,” he said handing me the glass a smile playing on his lips.

I swallowed hard and took the glass in my hands. I sniffed it again and I felt my own blood move in my veins. The smell was so enticing and it was coming from someone like me who hated blood period. I guess I have no choice, it is apparent I am not what I thought I was. “Will I still be able to live my normal life?” I asked looking away from the red liquid.

“You will except with a better perspective and it will be an advantage as well since you travel.” He said as he took a drink of his glass a drip of blood oozed down his chin. He smiled as his licked with his tongue “now my son drink…”

I sighed heavily and brought the glass to my lips. I took a small sip and surprisingly it tasted very nice. Like honeysuckle and so I took a bigger gulp and soon I realized the glass was empty. I looked at Albert who was smiling at me. “Sam,” he said out loud.

Sam was back in less than a second, “we need more.” He said.

I only smiled and began to feel light headed and suddenly I could hear way to clear. The room began to spin and I felt like I was burning but a good burning. “What the hell is happening?” I asked as I gripped the leather chair.

“What is suppose to happen,” He told me smiling right before I lost conscious.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is the next chapter. Enjoy and I hope to get some feedback. :)