- Text Size +
When I opened my eyes this time I saw things differently. The colors were more vibrant and even the smallest of the movement I saw. I turned my head when a hand moved and there I saw Stephania sitting.

“Well hello your highness,” she said standing up and walking toward me.

“What happened?” I asked her as I tried to remember it myself.

“What needed to happen,” she said as she stared down at me.

“Where’s Albert?” I asked as I sat up with out even really making an effort and I felt so energized.

“He had to go to the queen and won’t be back soon. He will arrive in a week with the queen herself in tow.” She told me as she eyed me. She caressed my face and then her hand went down to my chest and stopped right where my heart was. “It has finally stopped beating.” She told me in a whisper.

I looked down to her hand and tried to listen to what she meant. “How long have I been out?”

“Two days, but don’t worry your friends don’t know what really has happened to you. We took care of everything, the arena where you were supposed to perform all of a sudden was found with a very bad case of the most deadliest mold. So they had to cancel the shows till the day after tomorrow. Brian actually left to Atlanta and won’t return till tomorrow, Howie is enjoying his time with his wife and son, Nick has decided to take that time to work on his solo stuff; just like you are.” She told me and winked.

I swallowed hard and felt like I had sand in my throat. “Why does my throat feel like sandpaper?” I asked her my hand on my throat.

“You need to feed,” she told me standing up with a smile. She then left with so much speed yet I could see her perfectly without even a blur. A few seconds later she was back. “I have something for you,” she told me and she snapped her fingers.

I still sat in the same place I had been since I had woken up but then I heard something like a drum it was drum that beat fast and then a smell like citrus yet much more pleasant. There beside Stephania was a young woman. “I want you to meet Francesca,” Stephania said taking the woman by the wrist.

The next thing I knew she was beside me, “Hi,” I said realizing that unlike Stephania and me she had a heart beat she was human. She smelled so good and my mouth began to water and my throat to burn.

“Francesca has willing offered herself to you…she doesn’t mind you feeding from her.” Stephania said. I watched closely as she took the wrist she was holding and smiled at me as her fangs came out and then she bit into her wrist, red liquid instantly coming out.

My nose flared as I got a stronger smell of Francesca’s blood. But I just couldn’t suck her blood, “can’t I just get a glass like the night before?” I asked as I watched the blood flow easily off her wrist and now hitting the floor.

“Where do you think that blood comes from Alex?” Stephania asked as she guided Francesca’s wrist toward my mouth.

“It’s ok I want you to,” Francesca finally said and I turned to look at her. She then pressed her wrist to my mouth and I couldn’t help myself I licked her wrist with my tongue. She tasted so good and before I knew what was happening I clung to her wrist drinking away.

I felt free and insatiable as I drank. I think this has a better high than anything I had ever experienced not even the best blow could compare to this. I had lost track as I even bit in harder to try to get more of the blood, but I did realized that the more I drank the slower her heart beat got. I didn’t care though at that moment I just wanted more but just like that her wrist was out of my grip and I felt angry. “What the hell?” I said as I looked up to see Stephania standing in front of me as Sam came in and took Francesca. She was unconscious yet I still wanted her blood.

“You would’ve killed her if I hadn’t pulled her away.” Stephania told me as she followed my gaze. “You need more?”

Suddenly I felt bad for almost killing her, “No,” I said wiping my mouth.

“You sure? There is more where that came from.” Stephania told me smiling at me cockily. “Don’t feel bad it was your first time. I mean you haven’t fed on a human before till now you are almost just like a new born vampire.” She eyed me again and smiled as she saw my blood stained shirt.

********

“There you look much better now,” Stephania told me as she finished my attire with a black vest. “The Vampire look really does suit you. Your mother is going to be proud.”

My mother? My mother is in Orlando probably having some tea watching TV with my stepfather. I stopped myself when I remembered Stephanie could read my thoughts.

“I meant your real mother; I do have to say though that Denise did a very good job in raising you. She didn’t give up on you once even though you did put her throw hell, I should know.” she told me as she tried to fix her hair.

“So now what?” I asked as I watched her continue to mess with her face as she stared into a mirror.

“Now we train you… A war is near and you have to win against Tristan for the sake of our kind as for the humans.” She told me as her stare grew cold.

“I don’t understand,” said as I played with one of my rings. “If there are humans willing to give themselves to us that Tristan is so determined to ruin human kind.”

Stephania laughed sarcastically as she turned to face me, “It’s not only about that Alex it’s about domination and Tristan just like his uncle they want to feel superior to every species. Unlike most of King Luke’s followers who only want anonymity and peace he wants to be known as the highest power alive in this universe.”

“Doesn’t that title belong to God?” I asked realizing that Stephania loathed Tristan with true passion.

Stephania shrugged at my comment, “I’m not sure it exists.”

I swallowed hard and thought of Brian. He would have been infuriated at just hearing that. God was a big part of his life, “He does,” I just said.

“Well he is one evil god, lucky for you don’t have to worry of ever begging him for mercy in your death bed. You will live forever, you are part of the damn.” She said her expression one that showed a grudge.

I swallowed hard as I heard her. “Does that mean you don’t like what you are?” I asked her.

“I had no choice just like you don’t Alex. But we are not here to talk about me are we?” she said standing up and clearing her throat. Her past was definitely a sensitive subject and I was now very curious to pick on it.

“You may be my king but you can’t and won’t force me to tell shit about my past!” she yelled angrily.

I put my hands up in surrender, “Fine sorry.” I said.

“So lets go we have a lot to catch you up with and we have make sure you say good bye to AJ McLean. The weak human you once were…” she told me as she suddenly held a picture of me from our Black and Blue tour. I bit my lip to not say anything when she lit it on fire and we both watched burn slowly. “Say it,” she told me staring at me.

“Say what?” I asked knowing well what she wanted me to say.

“Say it Alex… say good bye to AJ Mclean.” She said anger again evident in her voice.

“Fine.” I said between gritted teeth. “GOOD BYE AJ MCLEAN!” I said and I felt outraged as my voice came out. I did not sound like AJ anymore either there was some sort of edge to my voice…
Chapter End Notes:
Ok now I like this banner better... So here is the next chapter hope you like it... the next chapter is going to introduce another character... I would love some feedback!