- Text Size +
~Kevin~

I couldn’t sleep on the flight, something that I would normally be able to do. I was still trying to put on my best poker face. I wasn’t dreading AJ at all I was more worried about Brian.

Brian is my cousin and we’ve worked together for most of our life he knows me like the palm of my hand. I can’t fall out of love with Kristen she is my soul mate and he knows it. That is who I fear the most facing when I arrive, to the hotel. I have a feeling he won’t believe me yet I know that for his sake and my family’s that he does.

I had someone waiting for me as I got to the airport. She was a little nicer to me than Derrick. “I’m your new girlfriend.” She told me as we drove through the streets.

“So you’re not a vampire?” I asked her as I finally had the guts to actually look at her. That’s when I saw the color in her cheeks.

“God no,” She said smiling at me. “I’m a good friend of Tristan’s.”

I hated that name and the way she said it made me want to hate her. “You do know who what he is don’t you?”

She shrugged, “Yes I do and so has all my family in the past,” she said as she stopped the car and I realized we were now at a house. “Welcome to my humble abode, Derrick is waiting for us.”

“How can you be ok with what is happening. They are trying to kill my best friend.” I told her and I saw the face of remorse.

“Mr. Richardson… my family has been loyal to Tristan since he made acquaintance with my uncle. I owe him a lot and maybe your friend is the threat have you thought about that?” she asked me in a whisper. “Now if I were you I would let this go, if not you risk not only getting yourself killed but me too.”

“AJ can’t kill an ant let alone the human kind.” I said with gritted teeth but I saw the look in her eye. She wasn’t really happy with what she was doing either, something told me she was being threatened too.

She only sighed and looked at me with a sympathetic smile, “Mr. Richardson please let’s just get this over with please.”

“It’s Kevin.” I said as I put my hand on the door. “If you are going to pass as my love interest you have to call me Kevin or Kev.”

She smiled and opened the door to her car. I followed suit and we finally walked into the house. “About time,” Derrick said smiling at her.
“Well his plane was late,” She told him and then out of nowhere a tall man came out. I made a face when he gave her a smile and she blushed.

“Mr. Richardson it’s good to finally meet you in person.” He said as he wrapped his arm around the woman.

“Kevin meet Tristan.” Derrick said to me as he eyed him.

My eyes widened when I realized who he was. He looked no older than twenty two; I stared at him and swallowed hard. I felt haggard and old as I looked at him; it only made me doubt myself even more when I was told that my friend AJ was a vampire. Since the last time I had seen AJ in LA when I decided to pop in at there concert and sing with them on stage Shape of My Heart; he seemed to be aging quite well. My god I am babbling…

“I hear you are prepared to go in there and deliver me AJ McLean.” He told me as he kissed the woman’s wrist. “Of course I do trust my friend Derrick but for better measure I decided to have Cindy go in with you. Cindy is going to be your new girlfriend.”

“Ok,” I nodded looking away when Tristan bit into Cindy’s wrist. I felt my stomach churn and suddenly was puking the half sandwich I had the night before. I groaned as I heard Derrick’s laugh.

********

~Alex~

As I watched Howie wipe the sweat during our wardrobe change. I realized I had not even sweat a single drop, to be honest my knee had not complained once tonight. I felt full of energy and the only trouble I was having was trying to concentrate singing and not hearing everything around me. From the girls screaming what they wanted to do to me or to one of the other guys.

I can clearly say our fans are adults now! I had beat all the guys with my changing, I guess having super speed powers have something to do with that. So I did like that, but being able to smell was not quite the best I could smell Nick’s socks from far. My god he has a serious case of athlete’s foot or something! To think I craved his blood a few nights ago…

“Oh my god you beat me!” Howie said bringing me back from my thoughts. I shrugged as his comment.

“So are you finally going to tell me the real reason you are breaking up with the best thing to ever happen to you?” he told me staring at me with a demanding look.

I acted offended and then I sighed, “I already told you… I just realized I am moving to fast and I am having doubts. Maybe she’s not the one…but we really shouldn’t be talking about this now we are about to head back on stage.” I said sighing when Brian and Nick came out.

“Oh we will finish this conversation,” Howie told me pointing his finger at me. “Cause all this gibberish you pointed out to me only sounds like cold feet to me.”

The rest of the concert with smooth and I have to say we do have the best Canadian fans. We were getting ready to head to the hotel well the guys were to get ready to head to Ontario, I was heading straight to the airport.

“Ok you are not going to believe this!” Jen one of our road managers said coming toward us. Her smile was always contagious.

“What?” Brian asked as he took a drink from his water.

“Jen I told you not to tell them I wanted to surprise them.” I heard the deep voice with the country drawl and sure enough when I looked up there stood Kevin.

“Kev?” Nick said smiling and quickly walking to the older man. I smiled as I saw the embrace and then the rest of the guys followed, all I did was raise my chin with a smile. Which he returned and then he cleared his throat. “So what brings you to Canada and to us?” Nick finally asked.

“Well I wanted to speak to you all,” Kevin started and then he looked at all of us. “I want to come back.” I almost dropped the piece of sandwich I was holding just as a prop not that it was appetizing to me anymore.

Howie was coughing after almost choking on his own spit. “Ok,” Howie said after a little bit. “We have always said the doors were open for you.”

“Yeah we did,” Brian said eyeing his cousin curiously. “How are Kris and Mason?”

I saw the look on Kevin’s face as he looked at his cousin. “Well that is my other news. I am divorcing Kristen and I have a new girlfriend her name is Cindy Watson.” As on cue a tall brunette came walking with a smile on her face.

“Guys I want you to meet Cindy, Cindy these are my friends almost brothers.” I heard Kevin say but as I attuned to the beat of his heart something told me Kevin was hiding something.

“Ok who are you and what have you done to my cousin?” Brian asked…
Chapter End Notes:
Ok so here is another chapter hope you like it and I really would love some feedback. Oh and a big twist is on the way!! :)