- Text Size +

Life in Florida was great. I was busy with school work and dance lessons. I had to keep myself busy since the boys were touring. I was currently taking ballet and jazz. Nia was busy working during the day.  We spent the evening relaxing. Even though most of my friends were away, I didn’t feel lonely. Sage and I spent our free time hanging out.

“Demi plie and up. Demi plie and up. Grand plie and up.” I said to myself as I did some ballet in my room. Then I stretched down to my feet.

“Ashton what are you doing?” Sage flopped on my bed.

“Practicing ballet. You should try it. It would make you graceful.”

“I’ll pass. Have you talked to Nick yet?”

“NO! What would I say to him?” Nick and I had not talked to each other since the night we kissed. I was uncomfortable about the whole situation. I don’t know why I kissed him. I didn’t like him in that way. Heck, I barely knew him. One day we were trading insults and the next I was kissing him. Nick wouldn’t even look at me. Every time I can in a room he put his head down. I was kind of glad he was on tour, so I didn’t have to deal with it. I think he was embarrassed and grossed out by the kiss.

“You could tell him you like him.” I glared at her.

“I don’t like him.”

“Then why did you kiss him?”

“I don’t know. It’s weird, but I’m tired of having this conversation. You ask me about this everyday.”

“Ashton and Sage come in the living room quick.”  Nia yelled to us.

We both raced into the living room to see what was the matter. She was sitting on the couch by the phone.

“Kevin and the guys are on speaker phone. They have something they want to tell us.”

“Hey sis. Hey Sage. We’ve have some awesome news to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“We got a record deal.” Brian screamed into the phone. The other guys were screaming and carrying on.

“We’re gonna be famous.” Alex laughed.

“Congrats.”

“I’m so happy for you guys. Backstreet Boys are going to be famous.”

“Thanks, Ashton. We wanted to share it with you. We have to go to dinner now. We’ll celebrate when we come home next week.”

We were so excited for the guys. They deserved all the success in the world. They were working so hard to become famous singers.

-----------------------

After dinner the boys were sitting in Brian and Nick’s hotel room chilling out. They couldn’t believe they had a recording contract. They felt like the luckiest guys in the world.

“Just wait to our first Grammy awards. We got to find dates.”

“AJ, I think you should hold off on finding a date. It might be a while.” Howie laughed.

“Nick needs to start now. He may never find a date.”

“Shut up.”

“Come on, Nicky. Have you even kissed a girl yet?” Alex prodded Nick. He loved annoying Nick.

“Yes.”

“Who was the lucky girl?” Brian asked.

“Umm...Ashton.” Nick mumbled.

“Who?”

“Ashton.” He mumbled again.

“I didn’t hear what you said. Can you repeat it one more time?” Kevin asked starting to get annoyed.

“I SAID ASHTON.” Nick yelled loudly.

“You kissed my sister?”

“Umm…she….umm…actually kind of…kissed me.” Nick was nervous. He didn’t want Kevin mad at him.

“When did it happen?”

“It’s none of your business.” Nick got up and walked to the bathroom. He closed the door and locked himself inside.

“What a wuss.”

“Shut up, AJ. Leave him alone. You’ve embarrassed him enough. Not everyone likes their business out in the open.” Brian had enough of everyone picking on Nick. Just because he was the youngest didn’t mean they could pick on him.

“Fine. I’m going back to my room.” AJ huffed out of the room. He was annoyed at Brian and Nick.

“I think you two should leave so I can talk to Nick.”

Shortly after Kevin and Howie left, Brian knocked on the bathroom door. “Nick come out.

“I don’t want to.”

“They all left. It’s just me.”

“I’m too embarrassed, Brian.”

“Nick, I’m not going to judge you. So, what you kissed a girl. I knew you would at some point.”

Nick walked his face was all red from crying. He sat on the bed and did not talk.

“I’m sorry AJ was being a jerk. He’s always sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong.”

“I shouldn’t let him get to me. I didn’t want Ashton to get mad at me for telling you all about this kiss.”

“That was nice of you. Have you talked to her since you kissed?”

“No. I’m afraid to talk to her. She ran away from me after she kissed me. I don’t think that was a good sign. Plus, I don’t know what to say to her.”

“She was probably scared. Ashton’s not experienced like many girls. She’s never had a boyfriend, so she probably hasn’t kissed a lot of guys.”

“She kissed AJ the night of the dance.”

“That probably made her sick. Someday you will have kissed lots of girls and even had some girlfriends.”

“Well, I never had a girlfriend. It was my first kiss. I feel stupid when it comes to girls.”

“Nick we all feel stupid when it comes to the opposite sex. Girls are confusing. They like it that way. Let’s play some Nintendo.”