- Text Size +

It was going to be a long day. The boys were singing their hearts out in the recording studio. Denise was in a meeting with Lou Pearlman at the hotel. I was stuck babysitting the three youngest Backstreet Boys. Currently that was an easy job because they were busy singing. I sat in the lounge reading a magazine.

“Hi Ashton.” Nick waved at me.

“Hey. What are you doing?’ I smiled at him.

“I have to go to the bathroom.” He walked into the hall. I decided to follow him.

I stood in the hall waiting for Nick to come out of the restroom. As he came out, I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to me. Our mouths met in a sweet kiss. It didn’t last long because I didn’t want us to get caught.

“What was that for?” He whispered.

“Just because.”

“I liked it. We need to do this more often.” He grinned at me.

“I’d like that.” I smiled shyly.

“I better get back before they come looking for me.” Nick kissed me on the cheek and walked back into the studio.

----------------------------------------------

“Howie and I are going to go out for a while. Anyone want to come?”

We were all sitting in Kevin’s hotel room. Everyone was bored.

“I’ll pass. I’m going to get some sleep. I was up to late playing video games.” Brian got up and left.

“Where are you going?”

“I think to this cafe down the street.”

“I’ll go.” Alex said.

“I’m going to read.” I quickly got up.

“No thanks, guys. Have fun.” Nick stood up and left.

I was standing in the hallway as Nick came out of the room. He walked over to me. “So, Ashy what are you going to do until curfew?”

“I don’t know. What about you?”

“Nothing. Brian is going to sleep, so I can’t hang in my room.”

“You want to hang in my room. Alex’s mom went out for a while.”

“Sure.”

We walked to my room. I got my key card out and let us in. “You wanna watch some TV?”

“Okay. There’s nothing else to do.”

I turned the TV on and flipped through the channels. I stopped at MTV. Nick and I sat there quietly. I wasn’t sure what to say to him. I was nervous to be in the room with him. I didn’t want to do anything stupid. Every once in a while Nick would glance at me. I would smile at him and look away. All I wanted to do was kiss Nick. I scooted closer to him.

“Umm…Ashton….you look…umm…pretty.” He said nervously. I couldn’t help but smile at him.

“Thank you Nick.”

I leaned in towards his face. We both looked into each other’s eyes. It was like time was standing still. I forgot about anything else except Nick. I licked my lips and gently placed them on Nick’s. At first he was surprised, but a moment later he deepened the kiss. As we continued to kiss, Nick placed his hands on my waist. It felt so good to have his hands on me. I was enjoying myself. Nick placed light kisses on my lips.

“Ashy, I take it you don’t hate me anymore.”

“I don’t hate you. I really like you a lot.” I placed a light peck on his lips.

“Good. I like you, too. I like kissing you.”

He kissed me on the cheek. We started kissing again. A few minutes later, Nick slowly slid his tongue into my mouth. At first it felt kind of weird especially since I had never French kissed before. My tongue started dancing with his. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him closer. Nick and I continued to make out. We both lost track of time. We were enjoying each other’s kisses. Neither of us heard the door open.

“Nick. Ashton.” Denise called out. We didn’t hear her. She cleared her throat. “Excuse me.”

We both broke apart. I stood up and moved to the other side of the room. Nick sat there in shock. He raked his hands through his hair.

“I think we need to have a talk. Both of you come sit down.”

Nick and I followed Denise’s directions. I was nervous and didn’t want to get into trouble. I prayed that she wouldn’t tell Kevin. Nick looked scared.

“How long has this been going on?”

“Denise, tonight was the first time. We didn’t mean for it to happen.”

She stood there silently. I was getting scared about what she was going to say.

“I know that you both like each other. I understand that, but you can’t be making out in private.” She said gently.

“Yes, Denise. It won’t happen again.”

“Nick, I find that highly unlikely. I would appreciate if you two make sure you’re always with other people. Things can happen when you are alone. Take your time and get to know each other. A peck on the lips is fine, but you are both young and don’t need to be making out.”  My face turned red. It was embarrassing to be talking about making out with your friend’s mom. Nick nodded his head.

“Can we keep this between us? This is new for Nick and me. We don’t want the other guys to know.” I asked Denise.

“Your secret is safe with me for now. If I see you to making out again, I’m going to have to tell Kevin and Nick’s mom. I don’t want to do that. By, the way you two are really cute together.” I giggled at her and Nick blushed. He was so cute when he was self-conscious.

“Thanks Denise.”

“Your welcome, Ashton. Nick you need to get to bed.” Nick got up. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and went back to his room.

“Denise, I want to thank you again. I like him a lot. This is all so new to me.”

“Just take it one day at a time. If you need to talk to me about anything, I’m here for you.” She gave me a hug. I appreciated the fact that Denise was understanding about the situation. She didn’t get mad or upset about it.