- Text Size +

Nick and I were hanging at the pool. The rest of the guys were watching a movie. Nick swam over to me and wrapped his arms around my neck. I leaned in and gave him a kiss.

“Nick, I really like us being together.”

“Me, too.” He beamed.

“Are we girlfriend and boyfriend or just friends?” I was hoping he would say boyfriend and girlfriend. I really liked him. I wanted him to feel the same way about me.

Nick kissed my nose. “I want you to be my girlfriend.”

“I accept. Are we going to stop hiding our relationship?”

“Of course. Hey, everyone Ashton Richardson is my girlfriend.” Nick yelled. I pushed him into the water. Luckily no one was around to hear him.

I jumped out of the pool before he came and dunked me. He swam over to me.

“So Nicky…when are we going to tell them?”

“Soon. Do you think Kevin will be mad?” He hopped up next to me.

“He might be upset at first, but he’ll get over it.” I place my hand in his. His hands were all wrinkly from the water.

“Am I your first girlfriend?”

“Yes. Am I your first boyfriend?”

“Yes. This is all so new to me. I find it exciting and scary at the same time.”  I squeezed his hand and shyly smiled at him.

“I get the exciting part. Why is it scary?”

“Well, I don’t always know what I should be doing when it comes to you. I’ve never had a boyfriend. I don’t want to do anything to hurt you or make you mad.”

“We’re in this together. I’m not perfect and I’m pretty clueless when it comes to girls.”

Nick hugged me. It felt good to be in his arms. He made my heart flutter. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I had never felt like this before, but I liked it a lot. I looked up at him and pressed my lips to his. We continued kissing, not caring if anyone walked in on us. Nick and I were living dangerously. I guess we didn’t care now that we were a couple. It really didn’t matter what anyone thought. Nick was my boyfriend, and I was really happy. Our tongues dance together for a few moments. Then Nick sucked on my bottom lip.

“What the hell is going on?” Kevin’s voice boomed through the room.

“Holy shit! Nicky’s get lucky.” AJ whistled. Kevin smacked him in the head.

Nick and I pulled apart. My face was red with embarrassment. I didn’t want Kevin to find out this way. “Hi Kevin.”

“Ashton and Nick, what’s going on?”

“Umm….we’re…..umm….dating. Ashton is…my…girlfriend.” Nick stuttered. He wouldn’t look at Kevin.

“How long has this been going on?”

“We started getting along a little over a week ago. I just asked her to be my girlfriend today.”

“Ashton can I speak to you alone?”

I stood up and put my flip flops on. I followed Kevin to the table on the other side of the room.

“What’s up Kevin?” I replied quietly.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?”

“I guess. Are you mad?” I stared over at Nick who was getting picked on by Alex.

“I’m shocked more than anything. How did this happen?”

“Well, we stopped fighting with each other. Then Nick kissed me in the elevator the day we got here. After that we kissed every time we were alone.”

“Why did you hide it from me?” He sighed.

“Kevin, I didn’t know how to bring up the subject with Nick. How would I have been able to tell you? I love you, but it’s hard to tell your older brother you like a boy. You would have stopped me.”

“That’s not true. You don’t give me enough credit.”

“You have a temper. Plus Nick is your friend. You work together. Nick and I just discussed being boyfriend and girlfriend. This relationship stuff is new to me.”

“You can talk to me about anything. I might not be thrilled with it, but I’m here for you.”

“I know that Kevin. I’ll be honest with you from now on. Are you okay with me and Nick dating?” I hugged Kevin.

“Yeah, I guess so. I’m just going to lay some ground rules down. I don’t want either of you getting hurt.”

“Nick, come over here. Kevin wants to talk to us.” I yelled at him. He quickly came over.

“Nick, I am giving you permission to date my sister. If you do anything to hurt her, I will kill you.”

“Thanks Kevin.”

“There are a few rules we need to establish.” We both nodded at Kevin. “Rule one you are not to be alone. I want you to hang out with other people.”

“But Kevin.” I whined.

“Ashton, things can happen when you are alone. If I see that you two are being mature about dating, I will allow you to spend some time alone. Rule two a little kiss here or there is fine, but no making out. Rule number three, both of you must keep your grade up and not neglect your obligations. Can you do that?” He looked at both of us.

“Sure, Kevin.” Nick grinned at me. He was so cute.

“Yes, bro.”

“Nick and Ashton sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g.” AJ sang as he walked over to us.

“Shut up.” I laughed.

“I’m glad you finally got together. The sexual tension was killing me. I was tired of you fighting.”

“Alex please don’t mention the word sexual when it comes to my baby sister and her boyfriend.” Kevin growled. I was mortified. I think Alex was purposely trying to make me turn red.

“First comes love. Second comes marriage. Then comes Nicky in a baby carriage.” AJ sang loudly.

“Not for a long, long time.” Kevin looked at us. I rolled my eyes. I nudged Nick and we quickly got up.

“Bye Kevy.” I waved as we left the pool.