- Text Size +

The boys were busy rehearsing, so I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with Nick. I think Kevin was secretly happy about that. He didn’t want me and Nick alone. I think he was over reacting about Nick and I being intimate. I wasn’t going to have sex until I was older, no matter how much I liked Nick. I wish my brother realized that I was mature and knew that I was taking my relationship with Nick seriously. I swear Kevin and everyone else thought Nick and I were a bunch of horny teenagers.

“Kevin do you have practice tomorrow?”

“No. We actually have a day off.” He sat down next to me.

“Can I spend the day at Sage’s? Nick, Alex, and Brian are also invited.”

“Sure. How are things going with Nicky?”

“Good. I haven’t seen him because of your rehearsals, but we talk everyday.” I missed him and wanted to kiss him.

“I’m glad you are slowing your relationship down and getting to know each other.”

“Like we have a choice. He’s always practicing. We can’t kiss if we never see each other. I don’t understand why you’re still pissed because we were making out.” I rolled my eyes. He was frustrating me. He acted like he was never a teenager. I was always catching him with Nia. It wasn’t fair.

“I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“If I get hurt, I get hurt. You can’t stop that. I need to learn from my own mistakes. Let me make my own choices. I am a mature, responsible, independent young woman. Please trust me, Kevin.”

Kevin sat there thinking about what I said. I know it was hard for him to see me grow up. He didn’t realize that I was okay with everything. I knew someday I was going to get hurt by Nick. That’s the way life worked. I wouldn’t like it, but it was going to happen. I was mature enough to handle it.

“Fine. I trust you, but if you need me, I’m there for you. If or when you start thinking about having sex, please use protection. Find someone to talk to about it. You can talk to Nia, Denise, Howie or me. Don’t talk to AJ.” He gave me a hug.

“Thanks Kevy. I love you.” I gave my brother a hug.

“I love you, back.”

--------------------------

Nick, Alex, and Brian were swimming in the pool. Sage and I sat in lounge chairs relaxing and gossiping. It was a nice relaxing day.

“You and Nick are so cute together.” Sage smiled at me.

“Thanks. I really like him. He’s different than I thought he would be.”

“I knew from the first time I saw you two together that you liked each other. I think it’s so romantic.”

“It is we went on a date to the beach. It was awesome until Kevin caught us making out.”

“That had to suck.  I remember when my parents caught me making out. I got into so much trouble.”

“I just hate getting the sex talk every time I kiss him.” I sighed.

The boys were swimming. Nick had barely said two words to me today. I decided to get into the pool. I went behind Nick and put my arms around him. He turned and smiled at me. Then went back to talking

“So Bri, you want to play basketball tomorrow?”

“Sure.”

“Alex, you going to join us?”

“Maybe.”

Nick continued to ignore me. I was a little put off by his behavior. We hadn’t spent any time together in over a week and he was ignoring me.

“Nick.” I called out.

“What?” He looked annoyed.

“I’ve missed seeing you.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek. He quickly kissed me back.

“Me, too.”

Brian and Alex got out of the pool.

“Let’s get out” Nick grabbed my hand. I wanted to stay there and spend a few minutes alone with him.

Nick walked over to his friends. I was irritated with Nick so I went into the house to find Sage. “Sage, you in here?”

“I’m in the kitchen getting snacks.” She hollered. I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the island.

“I think Nick is mad at me.”

“Why do you say that?”

“He’s ignoring me. He’s barely talking to me, nor has he kissed me once.” I sighed. Tears threatened to fall down my face, but I wasn’t going to let them.

“Guys are weird. I wouldn’t worry about it. You know he likes you a lot. Help me take these out.”

I grabbed the bowls of snacks and went outside. I placed the snacks on the table and sat down. The boys came over. Nick sat down next to Brian. I was mad because there was a seat right next to me. He didn’t even want to sit with me. Something was up. I don’t think he liked me anymore.

“Sage when are leaving for vacation?”

“Next week. We should go out before I leave.”

“That sounds like fun. Nick, do you have any time off next week.” He shrugged his shoulders. I was shocked that he didn’t answer me.

“I think we have Thursday off.” Alex answered my question. I gave him a slight smile. It wasn’t his job to answer for Nick.

“Is that good for you Nick?”

“It’s fine Sage.”

The conversation continued. Every time I talked to Nick he ignored me. I couldn’t take it any longer.

“Nick what is your problem? You’ve been ignoring me all day.”

“What are you talking about? I’ve been with you all day.” He crossed his arms.

“You ignored me in the pool. You can’t even sit next to me. When I talk you don’t answer. You shrug and don’t say anything.” I raised my voice.

“I’m just hanging with my friends.”

“You see them every day. I haven’t seen you in over a week. On the phone all you talk about is spending time together. Now you don’t even want to be near me.” I stood up.

“Ashton, there’s no need to get upset about this. I’m just trying to relax.”

“Whatever Nick. Don’t call me until you want to actually spend time with your girlfriend.” I walked into the house. Everyone just stared at me as walked away.

I was so mad at Nick. He had no right getting an attitude with me. I decided to go home. I picked up the phone and dialed.

“Hello.”

“Kevin come pick me up.” I hung up the phone and started to cry.