- Text Size +

Well it’s been three days and Nick still hasn’t called me. I don’t know what is up with him. I thought he liked me but I guess he’s over it. This relationship didn’t go the way I planned. I thought we would be together for a long time, but we’ve been together for little over a month. I’ve never been what guys want. I am annoyed and hurt at the same time. Kevin wasn’t thrilled picking me up the other day. He was having alone time with Nia. That means he was having sex and I interrupted him. Oh, well that is life. I am giving him parenting lessons ahead of time.

In two weeks I will be going to visit my mom in Kentucky. I am excited to see her, but I will miss everyone in Florida. I haven’t told Nick that I will be leaving for a few weeks. He will probably be mad at me. That is if we are still together.

I am being stubborn and waiting for him to call. Maybe I should just break down and call him. I think he’s chicken when it comes to things like this. I am going to handle this maturely and being the better person. Nia says sometimes you just have to make things right before the guy comes to his senses. She says that guys can be dumb when it comes to relationships. They don’t see things they way we women do. I hope she’s right.

I placed my journal on my desk and reached for the phone. I dialed Nick’s number.

“Hello Carter’s residence.” A small voice answered.

“Can I talk to Nick?”

“Sure.” Then the voice yelled for Nick.

“Hello!”

“Hi Nick. It’s Ashton.” I said quietly. I was nervous to talk to him.

“Oh, hi. What’s up?”

“Are…you….umm…mad…at…me?” There was a long pause. I guess he had to think about it.

“Kind of.”

“Why?”

“I just wanted to hang with my friends and you flipped out.”

“We planned to spend the day together with our friends and you practically ignored me.” I started pacing.

“I work every day, I just want to relax and have a good time.”

“I get that Nick. It just seemed like you didn’t want to be with me. You are with Brian and Alex all the time. We barely see each other and only get to talk on the phone. I thought you would want to be with me.”

“I did, but the guys were teasing me.” He sighed.

“Why because you spend all your free time with me?”

“Yeah. I didn’t want them to think I was whipped. I know it was wrong.”

“Nick, I’m not that kind of girl. I don’t care if you hang with your friends. I don’t force you to do things for or with me. We’ve been together for about a month and I hardly see you. I don’t understand why they would say that.” I was mad, but not at Nick. Our friends made me mad. How could they say things like that about me?

“I know, sweetheart. I’m sorry I ever listened to them. I was a jerk to you and I’m sorry. Can we hang out after rehearsal tomorrow?”

“I would love to. I’ll tell Kevin that you’re riding home with him.”

----------------------------------------

“Nick, you want to watch a movie?”

“Sure. What do you have?”

“We have The Bodyguard, City Slickers, It, and Free Willy.” I flipped through the videos.

“The Bodyguard.”

“Good choice. Put it in, and I’ll go get the popcorn and drinks.”

A few minutes later, I came into the living room with the snacks. I placed them on the coffee table and sat down next to Nick on the couch. We started watching the movie. Nick put his arm around me and I snuggled in closer. It felt right. I had missed being in his arms. Part way through the movie, Nick started whispering in my ear.

“I’ve missed this. I love having you in my arms.”

“I missed you kissing me.” I kissed his cheek.

“I missed you soft lips on me.” He kissed my nose.

I kissed him on his nose, then moved to his lips. He deepened the kiss thrusting he tongue into my mouth. Our tongues dueled with each other. We were making up for lost time. Nick’s hand went to the hem of my shirt. Slowly he moved his hand underneath. His cool hands felt good on my warm body. I started sucking on his ear. He moaned in pleasure. The movie was forgotten. His hands moved to my stomach, then up to my breasts. I moaned from his touch. My body had never felt this way. I liked it and wanted more. It was getting hot, so I quickly took off my t-shirt. Nick laid me down on the couch and started kissing my stomach.

“Nick, this feels soooo good.”

“I want you, Ashton.” He started kissing the outline of my bra. My mind was cloudy. I wasn’t thinking about anything but how good it felt to have his lips on my body. Nick moved up to my mouth and started kissing me. His hands roamed my body, quickly finding my breasts. I placed my hands on his ass. I wanted Nick. I needed Nick.

“GET THE FUCK OFF MY SISTER!!!” Kevin yelled.

We quickly broke apart. I found my t-shirt on the floor and quickly put it on.

“What the hell is going on?”

“Umm…Kev…we got a little carried away.” I mumbled.

“You think. This is why I didn’t want you to alone together.”

“We’re sorry Kevin.” Nick apologized.

“Save it for someone else. I know you like each other a lot, but please don’t rush into doing things you are not ready for.”

“Kevin, we’re not going to having sex. I know my limits and my beliefs. Nick respects that.” I tried to calm Kevin down.

“Ashton, you were practically there. If I didn’t come home, what would have stopped you? I think its good you are going to Kentucky for a few weeks.”

“You’re going to Kentucky?” Nick asked shocked.

“Yeah. I leave next week. I’m going to be visiting my mom for three weeks. I was going to tell you tonight” I glared at Kevin. He was always ruining things for me.

“Oh.”

“Nick get your shoes on, I’m taking you home.”

Nick grabbed his shoes and put them on. He gave me a quick kiss. “I’ll call you tomorrow.”