- Text Size +

The flight to Germany was going to be long. Unfortunately I got stuck sitting with Nick and Kalla. Why was I being tortured? Who could be this cruel?

“Nicky, can you cuddle with me? I don’t like flying.” Kalla baby talked to Nick. He smiled at her and put a blanket of both of them.

“Sure.” He put his arm around her as she cuddle into his chest. I rolled my eyes.

I attempted to take a nap, but Kalla and Nick were whispering sweet nothings to each other. It was enough to make anyone gag. I put my Discman on and tuned them out. I was almost asleep, when I heard Kalla ask the most annoying question.

“Nicky do we get to share a room?” She purred and rubbed his chest.

“No. I have to room with the guys and you are rooming with Ashton.”

“But Nicky, I don’t like her. She wants to take you away from me.” She pouted. “But Nicky, I want to room with you. I love sleeping in your arms.”

I took my Discman off. “Nick you can sleep with her. I room with Brian. I wouldn’t want to ruin your alone time.”

“You don’t have to do that.” He said sincerely. I don’t think he wanted to room with her. He seemed uncomfortable with the whole conversation. I don’t know if was because of Kalla or me.

“I’m doing it for myself. I don’t think I could stand to hear her whining and complaining night after night.” I said rudely. He frowned at me.

“Nicky, see she hates me.” Kalla whined. Nick ran his fingers through his hair. He was clearly frustrated.

“How can I hate you, I don’t even know you.” Kalla was so dumb. How could Nick stand to be with her?

“Nicky, kiss me. I need to feel your lips against mine.” Nick obliged. His lips met Kalla’s, and they didn’t stop to breath. His tongue had to be halfway down her throat. I thought it was kind of rude that they would make out in public. Okay, I thought it was rude to make out in front of me. Kalla was trying to make me jealous. It wasn’t working, well maybe just a smidge. I wouldn’t admit to it in a million years.

“Could you please get a room?” I said loudly. Nick and Kalla broke apart and looked at me. She gave me the evil eye. Nick put his head down.

“Are you jealous?”

“No. Kalla he’s all yours. I hope he cheats on you like he did to me. You deserve him. He’s a great guy.”

“You know that was like two years ago. You like need to move on.”

“Nick, how can you date such a ditz? The sex must be so good because it has to be the only reason you’re with her.”

“Ashton are you jealous?” He asked seriously. I stared at him for about a minute.

“No. I just think Kalla is the wrong girl for you. You need someone who is smart, caring, understanding, and nice to your friends.”

“Nick, ignore her. She just described herself. Ashton wants you back. She better stay away from my Nicky.”

I chose to ignore her because if I didn’t I was going to slap her skanky face. I had enough of Kalla Montgomery.

--------------------------------------------

“Nick and Brian are in room 415. Howie and I are in 416. Kalla and Ashton, you will be in room 417. Alex you are rooming with you mom in 418. She has your key.”

“Can’t Nicky room with me?” Nick winced when she called him Nicky. I knew he hated being called that.

“Sorry Kalla, we don’t want any hanky panky going on. I think it would be in the best interest of everyone if you room with Ashton You will have plenty of time to spend with Nick.” Kevin rubbed his temples. I knew Kalla was giving him a headache.

I grabbed my duffle bag and pulled my suitcase to the elevator. I quickly got in with Alex, Brian, and Howie. We waited for the door to shut.

“Oh my, she is sooooo annoying. Can I sleep on one of your floors?”

“If drill sergeant Kevin wasn’t checking on us I would say yes.” Brian hugged me.

“Oh Nicky can you cuddle with me. I love the way you kiss me. Nicky you’re the bestest boyfriend ever.” I imitated Kalla.

They all busted out laughing.

“Ashton, you’re too much. You have her personality down.”

“If you had to sit next to Nick and her for a whole flight, you could imitate her, too. I thought she was going to swallow him whole. I think they would have done it, if I wasn’t sitting right there. Can’t one of you talk to him?”

“What would we say?”

“Dump the slutty ho.”

“Ashton, I’ve never heard you talk that way.” Brian looked at me.

“I’m sorry Bri. I don’t what came over me. Every time she’s near I want to tear her eyes out.”

“Hmmm…I think you still have feelings for the blond wonder boy.”

“I don’t. Whatever.” The elevator opened and I rushed to my room.

I did not have feelings for Nick. Sure, I cared about him but not as a boyfriend. I didn’t want to see him get hurt. Kalla was going to hurt him. She was going to use him and spit him out. I hated girls like Kalla. Nick deserved better. There were plenty of acceptable women out there for him. Why did he have to choose Kalla? Dating her went against everything he stood for. He never liked girls that were rude, snotty and did not get along with his friends. When did he change? Where did my Nick go? Wait he wasn’t my Nick anymore. I had no right to judge his choice in women. We were no longer together. What I thought didn’t matter. I guess I would try to be nice Kalla. If Nick liked her, I would treat her with respect.