- Text Size +

The first concert went extremely well. The boys sang some brand new songs and a few from their favorite artists. The girls adore them, especially Nick. I couldn’t blame them. He had a way with the female population even if he was only sixteen. The guys dancing had improved, also. I still remember the first rehearsal I sat in, when most of them couldn’t dance.

Kalla’s performance was not well received. She sang off key multiple times and danced way too suggestively for the audience. Come on, you’re singing for a bunch of girls. They don’t want to see you act like a slut.

After the concert the older guys went out to a club. Brian, Alex, and I ordered room service and were going to watch a movie. Nick and Kalla, well we all know what they were doing. Yuck!! I needed to get that visual out of my mind. I hoped they were using protection. I would hate to see about bunch of little Kalla’s running around.

“This movie is lame.”

“It’s in German, you dork. You can’t understand it.” I threw a french fry at Brian.

“Let’s play a game of truth or dare.”

“Okay.” I smiled at Alex.

“Are you in Brian?” He nodded his head. “Ashton truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“Who’s hotter Nick or Howie?”

I rolled my eyes at Alex. That was such a lame question. “Nick. Brian, truth or dare?”

“Dare.”

“I dare you to go on the balcony and tell everyone you are in love with your butt.”

Brian ran to the balcony and started to rub his butt. “I love my butt. It is soooo sexy. I love touching my butt. It’s so tight.”

Alex and I fell to the floor laughing. Brian was hilarious.

“Alex, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“Who was your first time with?”

“Sage.”

“When was this?” I asked. Neither of my best friends had told me about this.

“Last week before you came. Ashton, truth or dare?”

I decided to be brave. “Dare.”

“I dare you to go to your room and break up whatever Nick and Kalla are doing.”

I got up and left the room. I quietly tip-toed down the hall to my room. Alex and Brian watched from the hallway. I placed my ear on the door. I could hear moaning.

“Mmmmm…..Nicky.”

“Oh yes….mmmm.”

“Faster Nicky.”

“Ahhh….yessss….Ashton.”

I couldn’t believe he had called out my name while having sex with his girlfriend. Was she that bad he to visualize someone else. I could not finish this dare. As much as I hated Kalla, I don’t think my presence would help the situation.

“What the hell was that Nick. That is like the third time you’ve called out her name.”

“It was an accident.” He ran his fingers through his hair.

“One time yes, but three times, you’ve got to be kidding. Nick, do you want to be with me?”

“Yes, Kalla. I love you. You are the only girl I want to be with. I better go. It’s almost curfew.”

I ran down the hall. I didn’t stop when I got to Brian’s room. I kept going. I had to get away. Alex followed me, and stopped me by the elevator.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” He pulled me into his arms.

“Nick is in love with Kalla. I heard him say he loved her.”

“Ashton, I’m sorry you had to hear that. I know you’re in love with him, but he’s moved on. You deserve to find someone who will love you.”

“But I don’t want anyone else. I just can’t stop loving him.” I wiped my eyes on Alex’s shirt.

“I know. I think him and Kalla are going to be together for a long while. You need to move on. Show him that you’re not pining away for him.”

“Alex, you don’t understand. If I can’t be with Nick, I don’t want to be with anyone else. Sure, I hide the fact that I love him in front of everyone, but I’ve never stopped. He hurt me, but I forgive him. I wish I was Kalla especially after I heard him calling out my name during sex. I know that sounds horrible, Alex. I just want to be with him in every way.”

“You have two choices. You can wait for him and hope that he wants the same thing from you. That may take years, if it happens at all. The second choice is to move on and find someone who will love you more than Nick.”

------------------------------------------

(Meanwhile Nick and Brian’s conversation)

Nick walked down the hall to his room. Brian was sitting reading his bible.

“Hey Nick. Did you have a good night with Kalla?”

“It was okay.”

“Doesn’t sound it.”

“Bri, I’m so confused. During sex I called out Ashton name.”

“Dude, that’s like my cousin. Seriously?”

“Yeah. It isn’t the first time it’s happened.”

“Why do you think you keep doing it?”

“I dunno. I mean sex is good with Kalla. Well as good as I know it since she’s my first.”

“Do you think subconsciously you’re wishing it was Ash?”

“Maybe. A little. I always thought my first time would be with her.”

Brian looked like he wanted to die. He didn’t really want to think about Nick liking his favorite cousin in a sexual way. He was trying to be a best friend and help Nick solve his crisis.

“So maybe your heart is trying to tell you something.”

“What would that be?”

“Maybe you still love Ashton. With her being back it makes perfect sense.”

“She broke my heart. I’m over her. I moved on. Though I think about her a lot. She’s gotten even more beautiful and feisty. I couldn’t take my eyes off her the day she came back. For some reason, I’m drawn to her.”

“Nick do you think about Kalla in the same way.”

“I like her a lot. She’s fun, exciting, a little wild. She’s pretty. I guess I don’t feel the same way about her as I do Ashton.” He sighed.

“My suggestion is to stop having sex with Kalla until you know what you want. It’s not going to help you to call out Ashton’s name in the middle of a passionate moment.”

“So true.”