- Text Size +

Alex and I were sitting in the lounge backstage relaxing before sound check.

“Alexander James McLean, I’m going to kick your butt.”

“You know you like it?” He continued to tickle my feet. I tried moving my feet but he held my ankles down. I attempted to kick him but couldn’t reach.

“I hate you!” I yelled, giggling every time he touched the bottoms of my feet.

Kalla and Nick walked into the lounge. They sat on the couch across from us. “You two should just get it over with and do it.”

Alex let go of my feet and we both sat up on the couch. What was Kalla thinking?

“Umm….we’re just friends.” Alex was red in the face.

“You could have fooled me. The way you to are always touching and whispering, I thought you liked each other.”  Nick looked pissed. He kept giving Alex and me dirty looks.

“First off you need to mind your own business. Second off you have no right to say anything to me or Alex.”

“Ashton, stop. You don’t need to talk to her like that.” Nick defended Kalla.

“How dare you Nick. I’ve tried being nice to her. Kalla is always butting in where she’s not invited.”

“I’m allowed to talk and say whatever I want to. You just come here and act like a little princess. You expect everyone to bow down to you. I don’t even know why you are on the tour. At least I have a job each night. You’re just mooching off your brother and friends.”

“She’s not mooching off of anyone. You have no right to say anything to her. You’re lucky to be on this tour. The reviews aren’t very nice about your off key singing and your slutty dancing. You wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for your boyfriend. Think about that you dirty skank.’ Alex yelled at her and walked away.

Nick sat quietly on the couch with his face in his hands. His day was going to be ten times worse with everyone fighting with Kalla. She would whine and complain about it. Then she would want to have sex. He was not in the mood to make her feel better. Nick just wanted a nap.

“Nicky, you can’t let them talk like that to me. You need to say something.”

“I’m not saying anything. I have to go to sound check.” He got up and left.

“You’re such a bitch. Since you came back from Hicksville nothing’s been the same. Nick hardly pays any attention to me. It’s always about you. The guys are against me. They’re trying to turn Nick against me. Ashton, you’re going down. Nick will always be mine. You will never have him. Everyone may think you’re sweet and innocent, but I know what a nasty bitch you really are. I will win.” Kalla yelled in my face.

“Go to hell Kalla. Do you really think you stand a chance? I’m not going to fight with you over and over. You are not worth it. Nick will see the true you. I won’t have to do anything to show him what kind of girl you really are. I know you’re using him for your career. You have no talent. I’ve heard dogs howling at the moon sound better than your last performance. Don’t threaten me again. I won’t be as nice.” I turned and walked out of the lounge.

----------------------

“What’s up with Kalla? I’ve never seen her so quiet.” Howie whispered to Brian.

“Apparently she and Nick are fighting. She gave major attitude to AJ today. Then she threatened Ashton. Nick is started to get pissed at her.”

“Wow. They should fight more often. I’m enjoying not listening to her obnoxious whiny voice.”

I noticed Howie and Brian whispering. I smiled at them.

“I’d like to make a toast.” Kevin clinked his water glass. “I’m really proud of how hard of us are working. It’s starting to pay off. Let’s keep working hard and getting along. Cheers.”

We all clinked glasses and drank our water.

“Could I speak to Ashton, Nick, Kalla, and Alex privately?” Denise announced. Quickly we followed into the hallway. I was curious about what she wanted.

Kalla stood there smiling. I knew she was up to something.

“I heard about the disagreement you had this afternoon. I know that you are a bunch of teenagers and that in itself is a lot of drama. You are professionals and should act in a professional manner. It is unacceptable to be calling each other names. I expect Alex and Ashton to apologize to Kalla for your rude remarks.” Denise admonished us.

Kalla stood there smirking at us. She thought she had won this round. She had another thing coming.

“Mom, you have it all wrong. Kalla started it. She came in and picked a fight. I was trying to defend myself and Ashton. Why are we getting in trouble?”

“Alexander, that’s enough. I don’t want to hear a peep out of your mouth except for an apology to Kalla. If you can’t do that, you’re ground for two weeks.” She gave her son a look of disappointment.

We didn’t have any choice but to apologize to Kalla. I could apologize but not be sorry.

“Kalla, I’m so sorry I said those mean things to you. I didn’t mean it. I think you are a good singer and improve at each concert.” Alex smiled at me. I could barely contain my laughter.

“Sorry Kalla. I wish you and Nick all the happiness in the world.”

Denise seemed satisfied with our apologies and walked away.

“You won’t win at this game Kalla.”

“Kiss our asses.” Alex said and we walked away.