- Text Size +

The tour was slowly winding down. One more show to go in Germany. Then we were heading back to the states. The boys would be headed off to Canada. I would be moving to Tampa to start the fall semester. I was looking forward to moving in with Sage and having fun in college.

“I’m soooooo bored.” I complained. Everyone was sitting in the lounge.

“Let’s play truth or dare.” Alex suggested. He loved playing that game. He had an evil smirk on his face. I knew he was up to something.

“I’m in.”

Kalla, Nick, Brian, Alex, and I decided to play. Howie and Kevin were to mature to play truth or dare.

“Kalla truth or dare?” I asked.

“Umm...like truth.”

“Are your boobs real?

“Ummm….no. I had them done before I met Nicky.” I laughed. The girl was so fake and now she admitted it. The look on Nick’s face was priceless. I couldn’t believe he didn’t know the difference between real and fake boobs.

“Truth or dare AJ.”

“Dare.”

“I dare you to sit for the entire game in your boxers.” Alex did what Kalla dared him to do. He quickly took off all his clothes except his boxers and sat back down.

“Ashton truth or dare?”

I thought about it for a moment. I decided to be daring today. “Dare.”

“I dare you to make out with Nick in the dressing room for five minutes.” I raised my eyebrow. Was he serious? What was Alex trying to do?

“That’s not fair. He has a girlfriend. That would be cheating.” Kalla cried out.

“It’s a game. It’s not cheating. Boyfriends and girlfriends don’t count in truth or dare.” Alex set Kalla straight.

“Are you okay with this Nick?” I whispered to him.

“It’s fine. I don’t really have a choice.”

We both got up and walked into the dressing room. I plopped on the couch and Nick sat next to me.

“We don’t have to do this. We can pretend we kissed. No one will ever know.”

“Ashton, let just get this over with.”

Our faces moved in closer. My lips were barely touching his. I could feel his breath on my face. It gave me chills. He slowly licked his lips and placed his lips on mine. It felt a spark of desire I hadn’t felt in a long time. I felt like I had gone back two years. I intensified the kiss by placing my tongue in his mouth. Our tongues were fighting a battle. Nick’s hands went to my hair. My hands were on Nick’s chest. He felt more muscular than he did two years ago.

“Mmmmm….Nick.” My breathing was heavy.

Nick stopped kissing me. “We can’t.”

“I’m sorry.” I put my head down. I couldn’t look him in the eye.

“Ashton, look at me.” My head went up and I stared into his deep blue eyes. “That kiss felt so right, but I have a girlfriend I really care about. I plan on being with Kalla for a long time. I think you need to move on. Stop pining away for me. I can’t stand to see the looks you give me. I care about your happiness. You need to find someone who will love you.” Nick walked out of the dressing room.

“Aaaahhh! I hate Nick Carter. You have no right to tell me how to feel or who to love.” I screamed and threw a hairbrush at the door.

I flopped on the couch and burst into tears. A few minutes later Kevin walked in. He sat down next to me and hugged me.

“Ashton it will be okay. He’s not worth the tears.”

“Kevin, I love him so much. I don’t want to be with anyone else.”

“I know you care for him, but there are so many great guys out there waiting to meet you.”

“I only want Nick. I’d rather be alone.”

“Should I start calling you Sister Ashton?” He joked. I punched him in the arm. “Seriously, how do you know Nick is the only guy for you? You don’t. Ashton, you need to start dating and be open to other guys. You might find your prince charming. You’ve only dated Nick, please see what else it out there.”

I thought about what he said. In my mind I knew he was right, but my heart was feeling differently. My heart wanted Nick. I knew in my heart that Nick was the only one for me. I was going to try to move on with my life, but Nick would hold my heart forever.

“You’re right Kevy. I fell hard for Nick and it didn’t work out. Part of it was my own fault for running away.”

“Yeah you need to stop running when things get hard or don’t go your way. Give it time and explore your options. If you and Nick are truly meant to be it will happen. I don’t see him and Kalla lasting more than a few more months. He’ll get tired of her.”

“What does he see in her?”

“Well in his mind she’s hot. She has big boobs and a nice ass. She lavishes him with so much attention. Plus they’re sleeping together. Everything a horny sixteen year old guy wants in a girl.”

“I wasn’t like that and he liked me.”

“Ashton, your relationship with Nick was different. You were his first real love. He liked you for the person you were. You were friends and had fun together. This thing with Kalla is all physical. Just remember guys can be shallow.”

“Were you ever like that?”

“Yes. I dated this one girl because she had a killer body. Biggest mistake of my life. Then I met Nia and the rest is history. I wouldn’t give that girl a second glance now. Ashton, just realize your time will come. Be patient.”