- Text Size +

Nick was over an hour late for rehearsal. After Ashton left, he went back to sleep. It was the most peaceful sleep he had, except when she was in his arms. He couldn’t get last night out of his mind. Everything seemed right when he was with Ashton. The guys were going to be ticked that he was over an hour late. Kevin would kill him if he ever knew what happened.

“Where have you been?” AJ asked impatiently.

“Umm…I overslept and got stuck in traffic.” Nick lied.

“Kevin’s having a coronary.”

“Whatever, J. I’m here. Where’s everyone else?”

“They are practicing their dancing. I needed some water.”

“Oh.” Nick smiled. Nick was in such a good mood, he didn’t even mind if Kevin yelled at him all day.

We walked into the room, and Kevin gave me a glare. Nick waved and smiled. The guys started practicing the moves. Nick was doing extremely well with the new dance moves. His body was relaxed from the wonderful night he had. Nothing could bring him down.

“Nick, you’re doing so much better today. It’s like you learned to dance overnight.” Fatima, our choreographer said in amazement.

“Thanks.” Nick smiled sexily.

“Take a 10 minute break and we’ll start the next dance.”

“Nick, why were you late?” Kevin stood there with an attitude.

“My alarm didn’t go off. Then I got stuck in traffic. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” Nick apologized. He just wanted Kevin off his back.

“What is up with you man? You’re like somebody else.” AJ sat on the floor.

“I don’t know what you are talking about?” Nick played dumb.

“It’s like you got laid by some hot chick.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well you’re all relaxed and Joe Cool like.” AJ pointed out. Something was up with Nick.

“Maybe I did.” He giggled.

“Shit, you are giggling like a girl. What happened? I know this has nothing to do with Kalla.”

“Well I had made love with this incredible girl. It was amazing and way better than with Kalla.”

“Wow! Who was this wonderful chick? You made love? ”

“I’m not going to say. Yes, it was different than anything I ever experienced. It wasn’t just sex, it was so much more. ” Nick picked at the bottom of his shirt.

“She must be hot in bed if you aren’t saying anything. You going to do her again?” AJ wanted the info.

“I would love to.”

“What about Kalla?”

“I’m going to break up with her. All we do is fight. It’s not worth it.”

“Thank goodness. I’m glad you came to your senses. Maybe now you can get with Ashton.”

“I’m not going there. I think I need time away from women. I don’t want a serious relationship” Nick fibbed. He didn’t want AJ to know what was really going on.

-----------------------------------------------

“Where were you last night?” Sage threw her book bag on the floor and sat on the couch.

“Umm…umm…I came home when you were sleeping.” I lied. I walked slowly into the living room.

“Why are you walking so funny?” Sage looked at me funny. I knew I was going to have to tell her the truth.

“I didn’t come home last night. I got stuck in the rain at the beach. I ran to one of the houses, and it ended up being Nick’s house.”

“Keep going. I want to know everything.”

“He started asking about Pete knowing full well that we’re over. Then we started trading insults. With each insult we moved closer and closer together. Then we started kissing.”

“Oooohh. Sounds very hot.”

“It was. So it got really hot and heavy. Then we made love.”

“You didn’t.”

“We did. It was incredible. Making love to him was everything I wanted it to be and more.” I sighed, remembering how wonderful it was.

“I’m happy for you, but what about Kalla?”

“Well I told him he had to choose between us. I want a relationship with him. I can see Nick and I being together forever. I feel stupid saying this, but I see the big house, big family and white picket fence with him. I’m giving him until Halloween to think about what he truly wants. If he picks her, then I will move on and never think twice about him.”

“Wow! I give you credit. I don’t think I would be able to give an ultimatum like that to a guy.”

“Sage, I know what I want. I’m tired of being this wimpy little girl. I’m a woman. I either want to be with Nick completely or I need to move on. He’s been playing games with me since I moved back. I’m done. I made my choice. Nick needs to make his.”

“So how many times did you do it?” She inquired. Sage loved talking about sex.

“Three times.” I blushed.

“No wonder you can’t walk. That’s a lot for your first time. You must have been good. Most guys don’t sleep with someone three times in a night unless they are really good.”  I rolled my eyes. Sage made me laugh.

“I enjoyed it. You can’t tell anyone. I’m trying to keep it on the down low. If Kevin finds out he’ll kill Nick.” I begged her.

“Your secret is safe with me. I’m just glad you joined the club.” Sage gave me a hug.

“Thanks. I feel so special now.”

“One important question; did you use protection?”

“Yes. Nick was responsible.”

“Good. I don’t want you getting of skanky Kalla’s sexually transmitted diseases.” I fell off the chair laughing.

“Do you really think she has any STDs?” I asked. I didn’t want to sound scared, but I didn’t want any.

“I doubt it. I don’t think Nick would date anyone who wasn’t clean. You may want to talk to him about it.”

“Yeah, well I’m going to go study at the library.” I grabbed my bag and left.