- Text Size +

Nick quickly got off me and handed me his shirt. I quickly put it on as he got into his boxers. Kevin stood there glaring at us. Nia looked embarrassed for all of us. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. It was not the way I wanted Kevin to find out about my relationship with Nick.

“What the hell is going on here?” Kevin’s jaw tightened. He looked ready to both of us.

“Umm…we’re together.” I looked at the floor. My face was red. My hair was all over the place.

“Really now? Why are you having sex in my living room?”

“Sorry, Kev. We kind of got caught up in the moment.” Nick attempted to explain. I don’t think Kevin appreciated his honesty.

“This is ridiculous. You’re both to young to be having sex.”

“Kevin, I am eighteen. I’m an adult and can make my own decisions.” I told him.

“And Nick is a minor. What in the hell were you thinking?” Kevin paced across the living room.

“I love him. He means the world to me. I love making love to him. He’s everything I ever wanted and needed.” I explained.

“I don’t want to know. Nia, take her upstairs and put some clothes on her.”

I stood up and huffed up the stairs with Nia. Kevin was being an asshole.

“Nick, I could kick your ass.” Kevin gritted his teeth. Nick didn’t care about how pissy Kevin was acting. Nothing could change how he felt about me.

“Kevin, leave me alone. I love your sister. She means everything to me. I wouldn’t hurt her.”

“Nick, I leave you alone with her for a few hours and you make a move on her. You know she likes you. You sleep with her while you are dating another woman. You are such a little punk asshole.” Kevin barked. Nick just sat there letting Kevin carry on.

“It’s not what you think Kevin.”

“Then explain it to me before I kick your ass.”

“The girl I was talking about earlier was Ashton. We’ve been together since I dumped Kalla.”

“What the hell? You’ve been hiding your relationship from everyone.”

“Kevy, it was my choice to keep it quiet. I wanted time with Nick before everyone knew.  I wanted us to have time to get to know each other better without all the interruptions.” I looked at my brother.

“Well, I see how you got to know each other.” Kevin picked up my ripped thong from the lamp shade. He threw it at me. I was embarrassed.

“Kevin Scott Richardson, my relationship with Nick is none of your business. I’m an adult you can’t tell me what to do. If I want to sleep with Nick or twenty other guys I can. You can’t stop me. I’m not a little girl anymore.”  I sat next to Nick and place his hand in mine.

“She does have a point.”

“Nia, she’s just a teenager. I can’t believe you would side with her.”

“I’m not siding with anyone. They are in love. Remember when we first fell in love.” Nia tried to calm Kevin down.

“This is different. She’s my baby sister. How long have you known about this?”

“I found out this afternoon. I remember you saying you thought they would be good together. Well they are a couple. You should be happy.”

Nick and I sat there watching Nia and Kevin argue. It was like they forgot about us.

“Fine they are together. I’m not happy about finding my sister naked with a guy on top of her doing the nasty. It’s not something I want to see or think about.”

“Did you think I was going to be a virgin forever? I love Nick. He’s the only guy I ever wanted. We’re mature and responsible. Like it or not, we’re having sex.” I stood up.

“I worry about you.” Kevin’s voice softened.

“I know that Kevy, but I’m grown up. I am going to do adult things. I’m going to do things you don’t like. Please let me be happy.”

He walked over to me and embraced me.

“I’m sorry you found out about Nick and me this way. I didn’t plan on it. I’m sorry I had sex on your couch. Nick lets go.” Nick got up and followed me.

I stood against Nick’s car. I didn’t even know what to say to him. I was embarrassed about the whole scene and kept replaying it in my head.

“Well, I guess he knows about us now.” Nick joked.

“Nick, it’s so embarrassing. I was mortified when he walked in and started yelling at us. I never thought my brother would see me having sex.” I looked into his deep blue eyes.

“I know, babygirl. I’m sorry it happened. Kevin’s just going to have to get used to us. He can’t do anything about it. I love you so much; I’m never letting you go.”

“Do you mean that?”

“Ashton, I love you more than life itself. I don’t want any other woman. You’re my soul mate. I plan to marry you someday.”

He placed kisses on my forehead, nose, cheeks, and finally my lips. We stood against his car making out. I couldn’t get enough of him.

Kevin stood by the window watching the scene outside. “Nia, I’m worried about those two.”

“Ashton has a good head on her shoulders. They are young and in love. Let them be. Think back to when we first met. You were all over me. Nick and Ashton are good for each other. Let them love each other.”

Nia patted the couch and Kevin came over. She pulled his face to hers and gave him a smoldering kiss. He forgot all about the lovebirds outside.