- Text Size +

“Kevin, I going to Nick’s for Christmas Eve. Then we both will come to your house on Christmas Day.” I sat at the table decorating cookies.

“Are you staying over Nick’s?”

“Yes, Kevin. There’s no need to get all protective of me.”

“Ashton Jeanette, we need to talk about this. I think you and Nick are great together. I love you and care about you. I know that you are sleeping with him. I hope you are being smart and using protection.”

“We are. I’m on the pill. Neither of us is ready to be parents. Kevin, we are handling our relationship maturely.”

“That’s good. I love you to much.” He hugged me and stole a cookie.

“Stop eating my cookies. I’m making these for Nicky.”

“It’s a shame; he doesn’t want to spend Christmas with his family.”

“I know. His mom is a nut. Not everyone is as lucky as us to have a great mom.”

“You’re right. Mom should be here any moment.”

----------------------------------------

I stood outside Nick’s house. My hands were full of gifts and food. I couldn’t wait to spend the evening with him. I rang the bell and waited for him.

“Merry Christmas!” He grabbed some of the bags.

“Merry Christmas Nicky.” I walked into the house.

“What is all this?” He placed the bags on the floor.

“Well, there’s food, cookies, and presents.” I reached up and kissed his cheek.

“Cool. Let’s take the food to the kitchen.” I found the bags of food and followed Nick.

“I made us homemade macaroni and cheese, chicken, and lots of cookies.”

“Mmmm…sounds yummy. I really just want to eat you.’ He smirked and pulled me near.

My mouth met his. His hands went to my ass and he pulled my body against his. He was very happy to see me. We continued making out in the kitchen. The door bell rang, but we didn’t hear it. We were lost in our own world. Nick’s hands moved to my breasts and my hands were on his ass. I don’t think we were going to make it to the bedroom this time.

“Nickolas Gene Carter.”

“Oh my goodness.” A little girl shrieked.

“Go into the living room now.” The woman’s voice grew louder. Nick and I moved apart. I turned and saw Jane Carter standing there.

“Mom, what are you doing here?”

“I came to see my son. It’s Christmas and you want nothing to do with you family.”

“Mom, I made plans. I’m sorry. I will see you the day after Christmas.”

“You would rather fuck this whore than spend Christmas with your family.” I was shocked at her comment.

“Mom, you have no right to talk about my girlfriend that way. You’re the reason I don’t want to spend the holidays at home. Why do you think I moved out?” He yelled.

“Nicky, I’m your mother.” She pouted.

“You haven’t been a mother to me in a long time. All you care about is my career. You treat me like crap. You treated my girlfriend like crap. I’m tired of it. I don’t want you in my life. Give me the key.” He held out his hand.

“Nicky, you don’t mean that. I’m your mother. I gave birth to you. I took you to all those auditions.” She wasn’t even being sincere. Nick didn’t deserve to be treated this way. Mom’s are supposed to love and take care of you. Jane was a piece of work.

“Give me the key and get the hell out of my house.”

She gave him the key and huffed out of the house.

“Sorry you had to see that.” Nick apologized.

“Nick, I hate the she had to come and start trouble with you. I think she loves you, but goes about it the wrong way.” I tried to console him. I really just wanted to tell him that she was a bitch, but I don’t think he would have appreciated that from me.

“I don’t know what she thinks about me. I can’t deal with her anymore.”

“Nick, you have the guys. They care about you. You have me. I love you more than anyone else. I know we aren’t your mom, but we are your family.”

“I know. It’s just hard to see your mom not care.” I gave him a hug.

“Let’s go open presents.”

“Okay.”

We walked into the living room and sat down. Last week Nick and I decorated the tree. There were gifts piled neatly under the tree. Nick grabbed a pile and brought them over to me. I got my bag of gifts for him.

“You go first.” Nick handed me the first present.

I slowly unwrapped the square box. Inside was a beautiful dark green sweater.

“Nick this is beautiful.” I smiled at him.

I continued to unwrap my gifts. Nick was very generous. He got me perfume, cds, a purse, and a Cinderella figurine. Nick was a sweetheart.

“Thank you Nick. Everything is beautiful. I love you.” I kissed him and gave him his presents.

“You are welcome. Presents for me?” He batted his eyes.

“Yes, for you dork.”

He started to rip the paper off quickly. The first gift received was a photo album full of pictures of us.

“Ashton, this is beautiful. I love it.”

“I thought you would be able to take it on tour with you. That way when you miss me you could look at the pictures.”

He continued opening presents. I had gotten him a Tampa Bay jersey, cologne, and a framed photo of us.

“Ashy, this has been one of my best holidays yet. I’m glad I get to spend it with you. I love you so much.”

“I love you, too.”

‘I have one more gift for you.” Nick pulled out a small velvet box.

“W…wh...what is this?” I asked nervously.

Nick opened the box and pulled out a claddagh ring with a small red ruby inside. He took the ring and slid it on my right ring finger, with the heart facing inwards.

“This ring is my promise to you, Ashton Jeannette Richardson. I pledge to love, honor, and cherish you forever. I know that we are young, but I don’t see myself with anyone else. Someday when we are older and settled down, I promise to move this ring to your left finger.”

“Wow! Nick, I love you so much. I feel the same way. I can’t see myself being with anyone but you. It’s beautiful Nick, and the meaning behind it means so much more. I love you.” Tears streamed down my face. I loved Nick more and more with each passing day.

“I love you, too.”