- Text Size +

“You ready to rock!” AJ danced into the room. I rolled my eyes at him. It was seven o’clock in the morning. AJ was very chipper.

“Shut up.”

“Ashy, what’s the matter? You are usually a morning person.” He sat next to me.

“I couldn’t sleep. Nick made me watch some scary movie.”

“Aww, you two are so cute together.”

“Thanks. Now go bother someone else, I need a nap.”

AJ got up and left. I closed my eyes and tried to drift off to sleep. I could have killed Nick for making me watch a scary movie. I spent all night tossing and turning in my bed. It didn’t help that I was in a strange hotel. I almost jumped in bed with my mom.

I finally got comfortable when I felt a body slump against me.

“Ashy baby, wakey wakey rise and shine ring a ding ding its party time.”

“Go away Nick.” I groaned.

“What’s wrong babygirl?”

“You made me watch that movie. I was scared all night that I didn’t sleep.”

“I’m sorry. You should have called me. I would have protected you.” He kissed my cheek.

“My mom would have loved to wake up to see you in my bed.” I yawned.

“I would tell her I was protecting you from the boogey monster.” I smacked him in the arm.

“Cuddle with me. When do you need to be on stage?”

“In about an hour. They are setting things up.”

Nick pulled me closer to him. I got comfortable and drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

--------------------------

“Where is Nick?”

“I haven’t seen him for a while.” Brian sat on the edge of the stage.

“Why isn’t he responsible? He’s probably all over Ashton. That’s all they do.” Kevin huffed.

“Kevin, relax. The last time I saw Ashton she was trying to sleep. Nick probably got caught up playing video games. Howie and I will go find them.”

AJ and Howie walked off the stage and headed toward the green room.

“Kevin needs to chill.”

“He just wants things to go perfect. Nick is going to be in so much trouble with him.” Howie commented.

They entered the green room. Nick and I were asleep on the couch.

“They are so cute.”

“I don’t wanna wake them up.”

“I’ll do it.” AJ laughed. “WAKE UP SLEEPYHEADS!!!”

I jumped up startled. I had no idea where I was. I looked around and saw Howie and Alex. I stretched and stood up.

“Why did you have to give me a heart attack?”

“Nick is late for sound check.  Kevin’s getting all pissy about it. He thinks you two are doing the nasty.”

I glared at Alex. He was always so blunt. At times I wish I could muzzle him. Howie looked just as annoyed at Alex.

“Whatever. There’s more to our relationship than just sex. I’ll wake up Nick and send him to the stage. Tell Kevin to go to hell.”

AJ and Howie left the room.

I shook Nick’s arm. He didn’t budge.

“Nicky wake up. You’re needed at sound check.” I tugged on arm.

“I don’t want to. Lay back down.”

“Nick you need to get to sound check. Kevin’s going to kick your ass. You’re late.”

“I don’t care. I just want to lay here with you.” He brought me closer to him.

“I love you Nick, but you have to go. Kevin already thinks you are skipping out of sound check to be with me.”

Nick pulled my face to his and placed his lips on mine. He kissed me softly and stuck his tongue in my mouth. I forgot all about Kevin and the sound check. All I concentrated on was Nick’s lips on mine. We forgot all about the time.

“I thought you were sleeping. It’s nice that AJ covered for you. I’m glad you care about the group Nick.”

We broke apart and both of us stood up. Kevin looked pissed beyond belief.

“Go to hell Kevin. We were sleeping. I just woke up and was giving her a kiss. I was on my way. You don’t have to cop an attitude with us. We weren’t doing anything.”

“Save it, Nick. Every time you two are together you’re all over each other. It’s disgusting. I don’t enjoy seeing you groping my little sister.” Kevin said through gritted teeth. “Don’t forget you are here to do a job. Get your ass on the stage. Now.”

Nick gave him a look and left the room. He was clearly ticked at Kevin. I think my brother was being a little unfair towards Nick. It was an honest mistake.

“Don’t even start with me. I am tired of you treating me like a baby. I’m an adult. I expect you to treat me that way.”

“When you start acting like an adult, I’ll treat you like one. I don’t think mom would appreciate her daughter having sex.”

“Kevin what does that have to do with anything? That is between Nick and me. I’m being mature and responsible when it comes to my sex life, not that it is any of your business.”

“Whatever Ashton. Just don’t get in the way of the group. Nick has a job to do and he can’t spend every single minute with you.”

I was hurt by Kevin’s words. I would never get in the way of the group. What kind of person did my brother think I was? He had me stunned. I stood there looking at him.

“I don’t expect him to spend every waking minute with me. It was accident. We fell asleep. AJ woke me up. When he left I woke Nick up. He was giving me a kiss goodbye. All you think we do is have sex. That isn’t true.”

“I’ll believe that when I see it.” He laughed at me.

“Fine, Kevin. You won’t stop until you have the final word. I’m done. I’m sorry that you are jealous of Nick and me. I can’t help that or change that. You need to get over us or leave us alone.” I walked out of the room. Kevin stood there with his mouth wide open.