- Text Size +

“I enjoyed lunch with you mom. She is so nice.”

“Thanks Nick. It means a lot to me. My mom thinks you are great. She says we are the perfect couple. She really likes you a lot.”

We were sitting on the couch at the venue. Nick and I were relaxing before the show.

Everyone else was doing their own thing. Kevin was talking with our mom. Alex, Brian, and Howie were playing pool.

“How did sound check go?”

“Well besides Kevin yelling at me the whole time, it was fine.” Nick played with my hair.

“He’s being an ass. I think he’s jealous of our relationship.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Every time we kiss or are romantic, he throws a fit. I don’t say a word to him when he’s all over Nia.”

“I think it’s hard for him to see his little sister growing up. I wouldn’t be happy seeing a guy all over my sisters.”

“I guess, but he’s got to deal with it. I can’t keep my hands off you.” I giggled.

I quickly straddled Nick’s lap. He looked surprised. I bent down and kissed his lips. We started a full on make out session. His hands were all over my body. My hands were in his hair. We didn’t care about anything else but each other.

“Ashton, do you know where….oh my goodness.” Ann looked in surprise.

I broke away from Nick and looked at my mother. She looked embarrassed and uncomfortable.

I got off of Nick’s lap and sat down beside him.

“Umm…sorry mom. What do you need?”

“I was just wondering where your brother was. I didn’t mean to interrupt.” My mom gave me a pointed look.

“Sorry mom.” I hung my head. I was mortified that my mom caught me straddling my boyfriend’s lap. It was quite embarrassing.

Nick sat there with his eyes closed. He was clearly frustrated and uncomfortable with my mom catching us.

“Nick, I got to go to the ladies room. I’ll see you in a few.” I quickly ran out of the room.

Ann sat down next to Nick.

“Open your eyes and look at me.” She said quietly.

Nick slowly opened his eyes and looked at Ann.

“I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?”

“I’m sorry you caught us in a compromising position.”

“Nick, relax. I know that you both love each other. I know that you are going to kiss and be intimate. I don’t want to see it, but I know that those things are going to happen. I was young once.”

Nick smiled shyly. He really didn’t want to have a sex talk about his sex life with his girlfriend’s mother.

“When two people are in love as much as you and Ashton, I know that you will be intimate. Just take care of her and be safe. I don’t want to see any grandchildren until you are married.”

“We are being safe. Neither of us is ready to be parents. I promise to wait until we get married. Why are you so understanding?”

“Nick you make my daughter happy. She’s been through a lot in her life. I’ve never her seen her smile as brightly as she does when you enter the room. You have something special. Don’t ever forget that. I could get mad and throw a fit, but that won’t stop you. As long as you use protection and are mature about it, I will accept that part of your relationship. Just be careful about where you decide to show that type of love.  Make sure it’s in private.” She smiled.

“I will do that.”

“That’s a good idea. I don’t want Kevin freaking out on the two of you again. He’s a little over protective of his sister. I don’t want him having a heart attack before he’s twenty-five.” She teased. Nick laughed.

“Thank you, Mrs. Richardson.”

“Call me mom.” She gave him a hug.

----------------------------------

“It’s almost midnight. Time to start a new year!” Brian said. The crowd went wild.

“You going to help us countdown?” Kevin asked the audience. An eruption of screams filled the arena.

“Ten…nine…eight…seven…six…five…four…three…two….one. Happy New Year!”

Everyone in the audience was screaming and jumping around. It was awesome to see even if it was ten thirty at night. I thought it was cool they wanted to celebrate the New Year early with the fans.

“You’ve been a great audience. We can’t wait to come back again.” They ran off the stage.

“Mom they were awesome.” I said as we wait for the arena to clear out. It was fun hearing all the comments from the fans.

“They are going to be successful. I’m so proud of them.”

“Kevin is so suave. Brian and Nick crack me up. They are such goofballs.” I said excitedly

“Nick Carter is like so hot. I’m going to marry him some day.” A girl gushed behind us.

I looked at my mom and smiled. She smiled back. I wasn’t jealous of the fans. What girl wouldn’t dream of Nick the way I did? He was everything a girl could want. I was lucky enough to have him in my heart.

“Aww. You have some competition.” Ann teased.

“I guess I do. I’m happy they like him, but I know he’s mine.” I whispered back.

The guys’ management didn’t want the fans to know they had girlfriends. They said they would be more marketable if they were single. The fans would think they had a chance to be their girlfriends and future wives, which in turn would sell more records. Whatever. I knew Nick was mine, so it didn’t really matter. This was his job. I was his life.

“He’ll be yours forever. Now go find him and celebrate the New Year.”

--------------------------------------------------

“I had an interesting talk with your mom today.”

“Really?” I took a bite of pizza.

“Yeah. After you left me alone with her, we had a talk about our sex life.”

“You talked to my mom about our sex life?” I was shocked and a little disturbed about this. It was kind of strange.

“I was mortified at first. It’s not a conversation I thought I would have with your mom ever. She was actually kind of cool about it.”

“Okay. What did she say?”

“She understood that we are going to be intimate and to make sure we use protection. She doesn’t want us to have babies until we get married.”

“Wow.”

“Then she told me to not make out in public or near Kev. She doesn’t want him to have a heart attack. That cracked me up.”

“I love my mom. She’s the coolest.”

“She is. She told me to call her mom.”

“I love you Nick. Happy New Year.”

“Happy New Year.”