- Text Size +

“What is taking Alex so long? He said he would be here twenty minutes ago.” I stated impatiently. Sage and I were waiting for him to pick up us.

“It’s AJ. He’s always late. The club opened ten minutes ago. It’s better to be fashionably late.”

“Whatever. So Marc is okay with you going out without him?”

“Well, he’s too old. Plus he hates dancing. He trusts me with AJ.”

“Does he know you slept with him?” I fiddled with my skirt.

“Yes. We know everything about each other.”

Just then Alex pulled up in his car. I notice Nick was sitting in the passenger seat. This was not going to be a good night. I hadn’t seen him since the day we broke up. He was looking hot.

“Umm..I don’t think I’m feeling well.” I whispered to Sage.

“Don’t let him get to you. Show him what he’s missing. Make him want you.”  She said as she pushed me into the car.

“Hi Alex. I’ve missed you so much. I’m glad your back.” I totally ignored Nick.

“Ashy, you’re looking beautiful tonight. I love that skirt on you. It shows your sexy legs.” AJ complimented me. Nick glared at him.

“Thanks, J. What about me?” Sage pouted.

“Sage, you are so hot and sexy. I could just do you right now.” He said with a grin.

“Go to hell.”

Nick sat there looking pissed. He acted like he didn’t want to be here. Didn’t Alex tell him that I was going to be there?

Alex parked his car and we headed into Club Zume. It’s was twenty-one and under night. Nick headed straight to the bar. Alex, Sage, and I went to the dance floor. A fast song came on and Alex started grinding against Sage. I felt like a third wheel. I really didn’t feel like dancing, nor did I want to talk to Nick. I saw an empty table and sat down. Watching everyone dance and have a good time was not my idea of fun. I glanced around the club and saw Nick staring at me from the bar. I gave him a dirty look and he quickly walked over towards me.

“Would you stop staring at me?”

“I wasn’t staring at you. I happened to look away from the dance floor. You just happen to be in my line of sight.”

“What’s with the attitude?”

“I’m not going there Nick. Our relationship is over. We are no longer together. There’s no reason for us to even talk.”

“I completely agree. I can’t believe AJ drug me to this damn club. I wish he would stop playing matchmaker.” I rolled my eyes at him. Did he really think I wanted to be with him?

“It wouldn’t matter anyway. There’s no way I would want to be with you. You’re an immature asshole. I should have realized that the first time we broke up. I gave you a second chance and you blew it. Maybe you deserve to be with a skanky hoe bag like Kalla.”

He grabbed my arm.

“What does our relationship have to do with Kalla? You’ve become such a bitch. I always thought you were sweet and nice, but now you think you’re better than everyone else. Skimpy clothes don’t make you a slut or a hoe. You don’t have any room to talk, when you are dressed like that.” He snarled at me.

“What is wrong with my outfit?” I looked down at what I was wearing. I had a denim skirt to my mid-thigh and a cute blue crop top.

“Nothing’s wrong with it if you’re looking for sex.”

“Go to hell, Nick. I’m not dressed like a slut and you know it.” I turned my back to him, watching Alex and Sage dance.

“I’ve been living there since you dumped me.” He whispered

“What choice did you leave me, Nick? You wouldn’t communicate with me. You wanted to forget that you treated me like crap. I’m sorry, but am not going to let anyone treat me that way. I love you, but you’re not worth it.” I ran out of the club.

I sat against the building. I was not going to cry. Nick Carter was not worth my tears. Time and time again he broke my heart. I wasn’t going to let him do it again. Love just isn’t enough sometimes. I fiddled with the ring on my finger. I realized I was still wearing the promise ring he gave me at Christmas. Nick fell short on his promises.

 I stood up and walked back into the club. I found Nick sitting at the table with Alex and Sage.

“Nick, apparently you forgot that you promised to love, honor, and cherish me. I guess you forgot that.” I inched the ring off my right finger. Then I gently placed it in his hand. “So much for promises. I can’t keep that. I’m totally free from you and your empty vows of love. We are done. I don’t want to talk or see you again. I’ll be civil to you at Kevin’s wedding because I won’t ruin his day. Other than that, you don’t exist in my life.”

“Ash, you don’t mean that?” Sage said shocked.

“I do. I’m not feeling well. I’m going to take the bus home. Night.”

Everyone watched me walk away.

“Nice going Carter.”

“AJ go to hell. You caused this little scene. Trying to get us back together was stupid. We’re not meant to be. I wish you would stop.” Nick spat.

“He was only trying to help. You’re the one acting like a jackass.” Sage defended AJ.

“I didn’t ask for anyone’s help. She chose to not be with me. She chose to give back the ring. She chose to leave.”

Nick punched the table. He was furious with Ashton. He was furious with AJ. Hell, he was furious with himself. He wouldn’t admit it to anyone, this was all his fault. He just didn’t know how to fix it.