- Text Size +

As I walked into the reception hall, I saw a lot of my family. My mom was sitting with my Aunt Jackie and Uncle Harold. I walked over to them.

“Ashton you look gorgeous.” My Aunt Jackie gushed. “I saw Nick. He’s very handsome. He was stared at you the whole time.”

“Thanks Aunt Jackie. Nick and I are complicated.”

“You will work it out. Brian said you were meant to be together.”

I just smiled. I didn’t want to discuss my relationship on Kevin’s day.

“Hi Uncle Harold. Mom you look beautiful.” I changed the subject.

Brian walked over and started talking to his parents. I looked around the room. Nick was talking with Alex, Sage, and Howie. Jerald and Tim were staring down Nick. I quickly headed over to my brothers.

“What is wrong with you two? This is a wedding and you look ready to kick Nick’s butt.”

“We aren’t going to hurt the precious blonde wonder. We just don’t like the way he’s treating our baby sister.” Jerald smiled at me.

“I’m old enough to take of myself.”

“You’ll always be our baby sister. I’m trying to keep Jer calm. He really wants to rip into Nicky. We are going to have a man to man talk with him tomorrow.” I rolled my eyes at my older, but so wise brothers.

“You both are too much. Tim, you should know better. You’re going to be a minister. Jerald, I have nothing to say to you. I wish you would leave my personal life alone. I don’t have talks with your girlfriends.”

“Any guy that hurts our sister has to deal with us.”

“I don’t think that’s necessary. Nick and I will handle our relationship on our own. It’s really none of your business.”

“For someone that is broken up with her boyfriend, you sure are defending him.” Jerald commented.

I decided to bite my tongue before I said something I would regret. I waved goodbye as I walked away.

-------------------------------------

Dinner came and went quickly. There was a lot of kissing from the bride and groom. The food was delicious and everyone was enjoying themselves.

“Ladies and gentleman, it’s now time for the bride and groom’s dance.” The deejay called them out to the dance floor.

Kevin and Nia stepped on the dance floor. They were smiling and happy.

Nick walked up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder.

“Would you care to dance?” He whispered.

“Ummm…sure….umm…I’d love to.”

We walked to the dance floor. Nick slowly pulled me close to him. I smelled his cologne. Oh, how good it felt to be in his arms. We swayed to the music not saying a word. My mind was a million miles away.

“Ashy. This feels good.”

“It does Nick. I’ve missed being in your arms.”

“I miss holding you in my arms.” He pulled me closer. Our bodies were merely an inch apart. I could feel his breath on my neck.

“I think this wedding is bringing out the romance in everyone. Even Howie’s found a girl.”

“Yes, love is in the air. Would you meet me for dinner tomorrow at my house? I want to talk about us.”

“Nick, I need to think about it. I’m not sure if I’m ready to go there.” I pulled myself away from Nick. I quickly left the room.

As I walked around the hotel, I spotted the bathroom. Needing to clear my head, I went inside. The quiet didn’t make me feel any better. In fact, my heart was pounding and my head was full of thoughts of Nick.

I loved him. I loved him with all my heart. I didn’t see my life without him in it. He was my soul mate. I knew there was no other man for me. I didn’t know why I was being so stubborn. The only thing I was doing was wasting time. I need to decide what I needed to do.

When I came out of the bathroom, Nick was standing there. He took hold of my waist and pulled me against him. Our lips met. There was heat and desire in our kiss. The passion had not disappeared. Nick pushed me to the wall. His tongue entered my mouth. Nick’s hands moved under my dress. His touch was setting me on fire. My hands moved to his hair and my leg went around his waist. I knew that we weren’t being appropriate, but I didn’t care. All I wanted and needed was his touch. It had been ages since I felt his body that close to mine. His lips kissed up my jaw and stopped at my ear. He moved down to my neck.

“Ahhmm…cough…cough…excuse me.”

Nick and I stopped what we were doing. Jerald stood there looking half amused and half pissed off.

“What’s going on here?” He asked casually.

“Umm…nothing.” I smiled at him.

“Really?” Jerald raised an eyebrow.

“Leave me alone.” I noticed Nick was just standing there, glaring at my brother.

“We’ll talk about this in the morning. I would be careful about fooling around in a public place. You don’t know who is watching. Nick, I’ll see you at noon.” Jerald walked away.

“Holy shit. He’s gonna kill me.”

“Sucks to be you.” I smirked at him.

“That’s not funny.” He shrieked.

“I think it is. I’ll meet you for dinner to talk. That is all that is going to happen. We better head back.”

“I think we’ll be doing more than just talking.” He pulled me in for another kiss. His hands played with my curls. After a few minutes, I pulled away.

I waved to him as I walked back into the ballroom. Nick stood against the wall grinning. He oozed charm and confidence. He thought he knew what the end results were going to be tomorrow but he forgot that I was in control. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow.