- Text Size +

Nick and I were slowly rebuilding our relationship. We spent lots of time just hanging out and reacquainting ourselves. Tonight we were going on our date night. Nick had it all planned out.

“So what are you two lovebirds doing tonight?”

“I think we are going to the movies and out for pizza.” I sighed. I placed my magazine on the table.

“What’s wrong with that?” Alex asked concerned.

“Nothing.” I took a sip of my drink.

“Doesn’t sound like it.”

“I’m just frustrated. Nick is making us wait two months to have sex.” I said as Alex took a drink.

He spit his water at me and started to cough. I wiped my face off with my t-shirt.

“Are you for real?”

“Yes and it totally sucks. We’ve gone like forever without sex and he wants to wait. First he said six months, but I talked him down to two.” I complained.

“That sucks.” He laughed. I threw a pillow on him.

“It’s not funny.”

“Oh it is. I can’t wait to make fun of him.”

“Don’t you dare say a word? He’ll kill me.”

“I’m not afraid of Nicky. He’s just a dorky teenager.”

“Be nice to my boyfriend. I love him even if he’s a little weird.”

“You two have the weirdest relationship, but somehow it works.” I smiled.

“It does. When are you going to find a woman?” I placed my feet in his lap. He started to rub them.

“I’m too young to settle down. I can’t wait two months to have sex.” He said seriously.

“Go to hell.” I kicked him.

---------------------------

“So, what did you do all day?”

“Alex came over. We went shopping and hung out at Kevin’s.”

“Sounds like fun.”

The lights dimmed in the movie theater. As the previews rolled by Nick took my hand and squeezed it gently. Our hands intertwined together. My eyes were on the movie, but my mind was focus on Nick. I wanted to feel his touch.

“Nick, kiss me.” I whispered.

He gently put his lips on mine. After a few minutes we were in a full blown make out session. I decided it was time to move to second base. My hand moved down to Nick’s pants. I could feel his erection. He jumped at my touch. Then he moved my hand.

“Ashy babe, we can’t do this here.” His voice was muffled.

“Let’s go back to your house.” I suggested with a giggle.

“Mmm, that’s tempting, but we are not sleeping together. We still have fifty two days left.”

“You can’t be serious.”

“I am. Now can we please watch the movie?” I nodded my head.

My interest in the movie was gone. I think this was the worst date I had been on with Nick. He was acting prudish. What seventeen year old guy acted this way?

I slowly placed my hand on Nick’s thigh. He looked at me and the continued to watch the movie. I slowly moved my hand up his thigh. He moved my hand and moved over to the next seat.

This was ridiculous. Now I couldn’t even touch him. I was getting aggravated by his attitude. I stood up and pushed my way past him.

I stood outside the movie theater. The warm air blew around me. It could have been snowing in Orlando and I wouldn’t have noticed.

Our relationship wasn’t going as planned. Nick was okay with me as long as I didn’t act intimate with him. We could talk, hang out, and give little pecks on the lips. Anything else was turned down. I wish we could find a happy medium. I don’t think I was going to last two months.

I don’t know how long I was standing there before he came out. I was lost in my thoughts.

“Hey Ashy.”

“Did you enjoy the movie?” I asked coldly.

“Yeah. Why did you leave?”

“Why do you think?”

“Come on, you agreed to wait.” We started walking to his car.

“I didn’t have a choice. You wouldn’t budge. I think that whole thing is stupid.”

“Ashton, I’m sorry. I’m not going to budge. We need to start fresh. That means we are taking it slow. Dating first, being intimate later.”

He opened the car door, and I slid in.

“I want to be intimate with you. It just that I want to strengthen our relationship. It has to be about more than sex.”

“Fine Nick. Please don’t back away from me every time I try to show affection. I can wait to make love to you, even though it’s hard. I still want to kiss you and have you kiss me like I mean something to you.”

“You mean the world to me. I’m not trying to back away from you. You’re tempting. I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep my hands off you.”

He grabbed my face and pulled it close to him. His lips attacked mine in a hard desperate kiss. My hands were in his hair. Nick slipped his tongue in my mouth. It felt so good to be here with Nick. I felt more complete than I had in a long time. A few moments later, Nick sat back.

“Was that better?” He smirked.

“Much better. I love you Nick.”

“I love you Ashton Jeannette Richardson. You mean the world to me.”

“You are too sweet, Nickers.”

“Don’t call me Nickers. Let’s go eat. I’m hungry.”

“Okay, Nickers.” I giggled.

He tickled my side. I continued to laugh.