- Text Size +

AJ was sitting on the floor in the dance studio. The guys were on lunch break. They were waiting for Kevin to come back with lunch.

“AJ lunch is here.” Nick popped his head in as he walked to the break room.

Alex got up and followed him. The other guys were filling up their plates with pizza.

“So, I heard you and Ashton are back together.” Kevin sat down next to Nick.

“Yeah. We’ve talked things over. We are taking things slow.” He took a bite of his pizza.

“That is good. I think it will make your relationship stronger.”

“How’s your sex life? I’m sure you’ve made up for lost time.” AJ snickered.

Nick gave AJ a dirty look and placed his pizza on the plate. Kevin stared at him.

“That isn’t any of your business. I don’t kiss and tell.” He was embarrassed. It was nobody’s business what he and Ashton did in the bedroom.

“Aww...poor little Nicky ain’t getting any for about fifty more days. He is going to be one horny young man.”

“How in the hell do you know about that? Shit, she told you. I’m gonna kill you.” Nick stood up.

AJ quickly ran out of the room and down the hall to the dance studio. Nick followed him. When he got into the room he grabbed AJ and punched him in the gut. AJ stood there stunned for a few minutes. Then he socked Nick in the arm. Nick grabbed AJ, pushed him to the ground and threw punches at him. Both guys were rolling around on the floor.  Obscenities were being yelled by both guys.

“STOP IT!!!” Kevin’s voice boomed.

They continued to heave punches at each other. Brian and Howie walked in.  They stared in astonishment. Neither one had seen either guy fight.

 Kevin pulled Nick off of AJ. Nick stood there looking like he wanted to kill AJ. AJ got up and wiped the blood off his face. He glared at Nick.

“You’re such an asshole. That was none of your business. You should have kept your effin’ mouth shut. I hate that Ashton’s friends with you. Go to hell.” Nick hurried out of the room.

“What the hell J?” Kevin shook his head.

“I’m the one who got beat up, and you’re yelling at me. Just because he’s dating your sister, doesn’t mean his shit don’t stink. I’m going home. Tell Lou I’m sick.”

“Wait.” Howie called out.

“What’s going on?”

“I don’t know Bri. AJ said something about fifty more days, and Nick went ballistic. Can you two go tell Lou that J left? I’m going to go talk to Nick.”

-------------------------

Kevin looked all around for Nick. He was nowhere to be found. He finally looked outside and saw him sitting by a tree. Slowly he walked over to Nick.

“Can I sit down?”

“If you want, but I’m not talking.”

Kevin sat down next to Nick. They sat in silence for about ten minutes. Kevin could hear Nick sniffling.

“AJ can be a jackass. I could see why you would want to beat the shit out him. The thought has crossed my mind at least a million times.”

Nick started laughing.

“See it’s not that bad.”

“I guess. He just really pissed me off. I’m trying to be mature and responsible in my relationship with Ashton. AJ making fun it was the last straw.”

“I know it’s hard, but you can talk to me. I’ve been hard on the two of you, but I think you make a great couple.”

“Ashton and I decided to work things out. After thinking about our past situation I…kinda….realized that the focus was mainly sex. Please don’t say I told you so.”

“Nick, I wouldn’t. I’m glad you realized what you needed to work on in your relationship. That shows maturity.”

“So, I told Ash that I wanted to wait to have sex. We need to get to know each other. We decided to wait two months.”

“So that’s why AJ mentioned you waiting fifty days.” Kevin said putting all the pieces together.

“Yeah. That’s what pissed me off. She had no right to tell him. That was between us, and she’s sharing it with him. She knows he can’t keep a secret.” He sighed.

“That sucks. I know where you’re coming from. Your relationship is personal. There are some things you don’t want public knowledge. I get that. I really don’t want to hear about your sex life.”

“Wow. You aren’t taking Ashton’s side?” Nick asked quietly.

“I’m not on anyone’s side. I would be hurt if Nia shared something about us and someone made fun of me about it. I think you need to talk to Ashton.”

“I know, but right now I am mad. I don’t want to fight about it.”

“I’m liking this new Nick. You are growing up.” Kevin teased as he pinched Nick’s cheek.

“Get the hell off me. I’ll punch you like I did J.”

“I’m not afraid of you little man. Let me give you something to think about. Besides you, Ashton only has two close friends. One is Sage, who is away on vacation. AJ is the only other friend she hangs out with. She was probably feeling a little frustrated and talked to him about it. I don’t think she thought he would tell anyone. Listen to what she has to say before you let it get out of control.”

“I’ll think about it. Kevin thanks for not flipping out about our sex life.”

“No problem. Nia had a talk with me about it. She made me realize a few things.”

“What things?” Nick snickered.

“I realize you two are going to have sex regardless of what I say. I am going to trust you both. As long as you are careful, I have to trust you. Don’t hurt my sister and don’t make me an uncle until you get married. I just want you both to be happy.”

“Thanks man. Let’s go practice.”

Kevin and Nick quietly walked back into the building.