- Text Size +

I was sitting by the pool talking to Nia. Kevin was practicing, so Nia and I were relaxing all day.

“Ashton.”

I turned my head and saw Nick standing by the sliding glass doors. I ran over to him.

“What are you doing here?” I gave him a hug.

“I came to see you. Can we talk in the living room?”

I was a little nervous. I wasn’t sure what he wanted to talk about. I followed him inside.

He sat on the couch. I sat next to him.

“Ummm…what did you…umm…tell AJ about our sex life?” Nick said nervously.

“I told him that I was frustrated because we weren’t going to have sex for two months.” I said quietly. I knew that Alex had to have said something.

“Why?”

“Nick, I have no one else to talk to. He’s my best friend. I was having a bad day. I need to talk to someone.” I defended myself.

“You could have talked to me. We need to communicate.” He looked me in the eyes.

“Fine let’s communicate. I know you tell Brian everything. It’s okay for you to do that, but I can’t tell my best friend anything.”

“It’s not like that. I tell Brian certain things, but not everything. You’re his cousin so I spare him a lot of personal details. Plus he doesn’t tell anyone. AJ is a fucking blabbermouth. You know that and yet you still tell him personal things.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t think he would say anything. Why is your eye black and blue?”

“I beat the crap out of AJ.” He stated matter of factly.

“What the hell Nick? What happened today?”

“Well your best friend had to make fun of me in front of everyone. It was a personal matter between us.” He pointed to me and him.

“So you beat the crap out of your friend.”

“I was pissed. It hurt. I didn’t like that fact that you told him.”

“Ah, so poor little Alex bruised your ego in front of the older guys. Nicky looks like a big loser. It was your stupid idea to wait to have sex, not mine.”

The conversation was getting heated. I needed to calm down.

“Look Nick, I’m sorry. I won’t talk to Alex again about our relationship. I don’t think he deserved to be beat up because you were angry.”

“Ashy, I love you. I don’t want to tell you who you can or can’t be friends with. I have no problem with you talking to AJ about things. Just be careful because he will tell things he’s not supposed to. I’d rather you tell Sage.”

“I would have told Sage, but she’s on vacation. I don’t think AJ is the issue. I want to make love to you.” I kissed him on the lips.

“I know Ashy. I want to make love to you, but we need to wait.”

“I’m so frustrated with this situation.” I stood up and started pacing.

“I’m sorry that I’m making things harder for you. I want us to grow as a couple. I don’t want to keep having this conversation. It isn’t going to change. We aren’t having sex for two months. Tomorrow we are going to go to dinner after rehearsal. We are going to spend the evening talking and learning as much about each other as possible.”

“You know Carter; your take charge attitude is such a turn on. It makes me want you even more.” I teased him. I walked over and sat on his lap.

“Oh, Lord. You are too much baby girl.” He laughed. I nipped his ear and started sucking on it.

“Mmm…Ashy stop before I can’t. I need to go apologize to AJ.”

“Thank you. I can’t have my boyfriend and best friend mad at each other.”

------------------------------------------

AJ answered the door. He looked pissed when he saw Nick.

“Can I come in?”

“As long as you don’t beat me up.” AJ said rudely.

“I’m here to apologize.”

They walked into the living room.

“Go ahead Nicky. I’m ready for my apology.”

“AJ you’re such a dick. Look, I’m sorry I beat the shit out of you. I was upset that you said that to me. I was embarrassed.”

“I was just teasing you.”

“I know, but you had to say it in front of the guys. I didn’t want Kevin to know about my sex life.”

“Give it up. You know Kevin would give you a slap on the back for not doing his sister. You’re like a saint to him.”

Nick gave him the middle finger.

“No thank you Nicky. I’m not Ashton’s replacement for the next fifty days.”

Both guys started to laugh.

“AJ, I’m sorry.”

“You’re forgiven. How the hell are you going to wait two months?” AJ asked in disbelief.

“It’s going to be hard. I’ve already taken many cold showers. I want her so bad, but I want to strengthen our relationship.”

“I think that’s a good idea, Frack.” Brian walked into the room.

“Brian shut up. You need laid, too.” AJ threw a pillow at him.

“J we’re not a freak like you.”

“Go to hell Brian. So, Nicky has she put the moves on you?”

“Yes. She’s a tease. Ashton’s worse than me.”

“You’re talking about my sweet and innocent younger cousin.”

“Brian, are you talking about the same Ashton we know and love.”

Brian looked alarmed.

“Not my cousin.” He laughed.

“Rok you live in a fantasy world. I love Ashton, but she’s definitely not innocent.”

“Nick I don’t want to know. You and J are corrupting her. She was sweet and innocent until she met the likes of you.”

Pillows started being thrown in Brian’s directions.

“Ashton is the greatest person I know.”

“I agree with you Frack.”

“I agree, too. She has a great cousin that made her that way.” Brian joked.

“You wish. It’s because of her great boyfriend.”

“Nah it’s because of her great best friend.”

The guys all chuckled. They settled down and started playing video games. It was going to be a night of male bonding.