- Text Size +

 I opened the door and let Nick in. He had the cheesiest grin, I had ever seen on his face. He had something hidden behind his back.

“What’s behind your back, Nicky?”

“Nothing.” He looked around the room, trying to ignore me.

“Nicky, please show me.” I begged.

“If you stop calling me Nicky, I’ll give you the gift I got you.”

“Okay, Nicky.” I grinned at him.

“Ugg….it’s a good thing I love you.”

He took an adorable light brown teddy bear from behind his back.

“Aww…it’s so cute. Why do I deserve a teddy bear?”

“So that when I’m away you have something to hug at night.”

“Oh Nick. That’s so sweet.” Tears fell from my eyes.

“Ashy, please don’t cry.” He looked embarrassed.

“But it’s so sweet. Let me put it on my bed. Then we can leave.”

I quickly took the bear to my room. I looked at the mascara running down my face. I quickly wiped off my face and reapplied my mascara. Then I went back downstairs.

“You ready?”

“Yeah let’s go.”

We got into the car. After driving for a few minutes, Nick pulled into the McDonald’s drive through.

“What do you want?”

“Umm…a McChicken meal.”

Nick placed our order. He pulled up to the window and paid for our meals.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” He pulled out and headed out toward the park.

Five minutes later he stopped near a little pond. We got out and walked over to the pond. Nick placed a blanket on the ground. We both sat down.

“Tonight is all about us learning more about each other.” He handed me my food.

“This is going to be interesting.”

“So, who is your favorite brother?”

“Oh my, that is so hard. I like my brothers for different reasons. Jerald is a lot of fun. He would always get us into trouble. We would go shopping and he would run around the store with me in the buggy. My mom would always yell at him because she thought he would knock someone over. Tim is a sweetheart. He so much calmer than my other brothers. Kevin is the one I’m closest to. I know that he has my back. I know if I have a problem, Kevin’s there for me.”

“Jerald tried to scare the crap out of me after Kevin’s wedding.”

“He’s a teddy bear. Jer’s just a little overprotective. If you weren’t a Backstreet Boy what would you want to do?”

“I think I would be an actor. Did you know I was in Edwards Scissorhands?”

“I didn’t know that. What character were you?”

“I wasn’t a main character. I was the kid on the slip-n-slide.”

“I’m going to have to watch it when I get home.” He laughed.

“What is one thing you would like to learn how to do?”

I thought about it for a moment. There were so many things I would like to learn to do. I learned against Nick.

“I want to learn to ballroom dance. Someday would you take lessons with me?”

“Of course.”

We both sat there quietly. I was lost in my thoughts. I was daydreaming about Nick and me waltzing. I had a romantic vision of us dancing. Nick wearing a tuxedo, and I was wearing a green chiffon and organza dress.

“Nick, do you see us being together for a long time?”

“I don’t see myself with any other woman. You are the only one I want to be with in every way. I can see us on the beach with your brother marrying us. Then we go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I see us having lots of babies.”

“Oh my. I never thought I would hear those words from a guy. I mean we are both still teenagers. Most guys are thinking about sex and you are ready for us to get married.” I couldn’t believe how serious he was.

“I might just be some stupid seventeen year old, but I know you are the one I’m meant to be with. I don’t want to be with anyone else.”

“But what if you meet someone in the future?”

“Look at me Ashy; you are the only one for me.” He cupped my chin and slowly licked his lips. He gently placed his lips on mine. My heart melted with this kiss. We were soul mates brought together by fate. After all we kept getting back together after all our breakups. I felt giddy with love.

“Nick, I love you so much. I can’t even describe it. I’m euphoric.” I giggled.

“You’re what?”

“Euphoric. It means excited or joyful.”

“You sound like a walking talking dictionary.” He teased. I swatted him with my hand.

“Dork. So you plan on us having a lot of kids. How many is a lot?”

“Well, since I love making love to you, I think maybe twenty or thirty.” He said with a serious look on his face.

“Are you crazy? You better start having some of these babies.” I threw a left over French fry at him. He burst into laughter. “I hate you Nickolas Gene Carter.”

“Baby girl, I’m just kidding. I think I would like to have at least five or six kids.”

“That I could handle. What would you like all your cherubs to be named?”

“There would be Nicky, Jr. of course. I like the name Sarah, Katie, Max, Cody, and America.”

“America? What kind of name is that?”

“Well can you do any better?” He stuck his tongue out at me.

“Of course I can. First off there will be no Nicky, Jr. One of you is enough. I couldn’t handle two Nicks. I like Sarah, and Cody. I like the names Meredith, Colleen or Rachel.”

“Enough about the children we will have in a decade. Let’s make out.”

I scooted closer to Nick. His lips were on my neck. It felt so good to have his lips on my skin. I missed this. My hands moved to his hair. Within minutes our lips were touching. I was so in love with Nick.