- Text Size +

I opened my eyes and I saw that Nick was missing. I was wrapped up in the comforter. My body ached from all the activity it enjoyed the night before. Nick and I had made love more times than I could count. We made up for all our lost time. I have to admit it was worth the wait. I lounged peacefully in the bed.

I started to doze off when the door opened. Nick walked in with breakfast. I sat up and wrapped the sheet on me.

“Good morning baby girl. How did you sleep?” He kissed me.

“Wonderfully.” I smiled.

He set the food down on the table. I got up and realized I had nothing to wear.

“Nick do you have anything I could wear?”

“Your overnight bag is in the corner.”

“You thought of everything.” I said as I walked over to my bag. I dug through it and found a t-shirt and panties. I quickly put them on and sat at the table beside Nick.

Nick placed an order of pancakes and sausage in front of me. I quickly started to eat my food. I didn’t realize how hungry I was.

“Whoa baby, slow down.”

“I can’t help it. You’ve made me famished. Last night was wonderful.” I smirked.

“ It was. After all those months it was worth it. When does school start?”

“In about two weeks. Sage and I got an apartment this semester. Do you want to help us move in?”

“Sure. Just let me know when, so I can check my schedule.”

“Actually what are you doing on Tuesday?” I asked as I stole a piece of his sausage.

“It’s my day off.”

“Good. You can help me move in. Our apartment is like five minutes from your house.”

“Good. I hated have to driving to your dorm. I could never find parking.”

“Nick, what time do we need to check out?” He looked at the clock.

“In about an hour.”

I got up and straddled Nick’s lap. “Do you think we have enough time to make love?”

“If we make it quick.” He pushed me off his lap, picked me up and threw me on the bed.

--------------------------

We walked into Kevin’s house. Nick was carrying my bag. I’m sure I looked a mess. We didn’t have time to shower. My hair was in a messy bun. I wasn’t wearing make up and sunglasses were covering my eyes.

“Look what the cat dragged in.” Kevin teased.

“Hi Kevy.” I sat down next to him.

“You seem very chipper this afternoon.”

“Life is good, my brother.”

“I take it you both had a good time last night.”

“It was wonderful.” I said as Nick shook his head.

We sat there in silence.

“I’m off to get a shower and take a nap. See you later, Nicky.” I got up and gave him a peck on the lips. Then I went upstairs.

“She seems very happy.”

“Kevin, it was a wonderful night. Thank you for helping me.”

“Anytime. You make my sister happy. That’s all that matters.”

“Are you helping her move on Tuesday?” Nick yawned.

“Yes. Be here by nine. Brian and AJ are going to help.”

“Okay.” Nick yawned again.

“Man, you better get home and take a nap. You’re exhausted.”

“That would be your sister’s fault.” He said as he stood up.

“I don’t want to know that details.” Kevin held his ears.

“And I don’t want you to know. Later man.” Nick left.

--------------------

I awoke from my nap feeling refreshed. I was still smiling from the perfect night I just had.

I could hear Nia and Kevin whispering in the hall.

“Twenty more seconds.” Nia said.

“Then we’ll know. I’m excited.”

“I know, but it might not be positive.”

“Time is up. Let’s go check.”

They walked into the bathroom. I heard Nia scream. I ran out of my bedroom to see what was wrong.”

Nia and Kevin were jumping around in the hallway. Kevin had tears running down his face. Nia was all smiles.

“We’re having a baby!” Kevin yelled.

“Congrats! I’m so happy for you.” I gave Nia a hug. Then I hugged Kevin.

“Thanks. We need to go celebrate.” Kevin suggested.”

“I’m going to be an aunt. That’s so cool. You two enjoy yourselves.” I ducked back into my room. I didn’t want to ruin their moment together.

I took out my journal and started to write.

            Life could not be any better. Nick is the best fiancé. Yes, I mean fiancé. He proposed to me last night. Can you believe it? I’m going to be Mrs. Nickolas Carter. I can’t believe it myself. Things are going great in our relationship. I have never been happier in my life. Nick did the sweetest thing for me last night. He surprised me with a romantic dinner and romantic night in a hotel. I was shocked that he did that for me. He bought me a beautiful red party dress. It was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

            Finally our sex ban is over. We made passionate love all night long. If I wasn’t already in love with him; last night would have sealed the deal. Nick made the night all about me. I kind of feel selfish. I will have to think of something to do to show him how much I love him.

            Right now we are keeping our engagement quiet. I would love to share it with the world, but I think it’s best to wait a while. We are both young and are in no position to get married. Kevin would probably flip that his eighteen year old sister is engaged. Nick and I plan on waiting a long time before we get married. He’s so busy with the group. I hope that they become successful. They are a talented bunch of guys. I want to finish college and become a teacher. I think we will wait until our mid-twenties before we get married.

            I know that I want a small wedding. Even though we are waiting, that doesn’t mean I can’t start getting ideas. Maybe we could get married on the beach. I think I might start a wedding journal. I will place all my ideas in there.

            Guess what? Kevin’s going to be a daddy. I am so excited for him. He’s going to make an excellent daddy.