- Text Size +

My mom and brothers decided to fly down to Florida for Thanksgiving. I was happy to see them. Nia was cooking dinner for everyone. The pregnancy had made her domestic. The house was decorated with burgundy decorations and candles. She made enough food for thirty people.

The men were in the living room watching football. The women were cleaning up.

“You are really starting to show.” I smiled at Nia. You could definitely tell she was pregnant.

“I know.  It’s hard to believe. I didn’t think I would get so fat.” She giggled.

“You’re beautiful and glowing. I remember how happy I was when I was pregnant.”

I continue to wash the dishes trying to ignore the conversation. I really didn’t want to hear about pregnancy or babies.

“You’re quiet, Ashton.”

I looked over at Nia. “I was zoning out. Sorry. I think I need a nap.”

I wiped my hands dry on a towel and quickly walked out.

“Is something bothering Ashton?”

“Ashton and Nick had a pregnancy scare a couple of weeks ago. She’s not pregnant, but I think she’s having some trouble dealing with it all.”

“I’m sure it doesn’t help that I’m pregnant. Those two are always getting into some kind of jam.”

“I know. Eventually things will work out for them. They are just young and have too much love surrounding them. They don’t always think before they act.” Ann poured herself a cup of coffee.

----------------------

I sat on the guest room bed. I wasn’t tired, nor did I want to take a nap. I was confused. I was happy that I wasn’t pregnant at this point in my life, but for some reason I was jealous of Nia.

There was a light tap on the door.

“Come in.”

Nick entered and locked the door. He sat on the bed next to me. We sat in silence.

“Can you picture me pregnant?”

“Yes, baby girl I can. I can see you with a baby bump. I can’t wait to place kisses all over your stomach and feel the baby kick.” Nick’s blue eyes stared into my green eyes.

“Do you think we will ever get the timing of important milestones in our relationship right?” I took his hand in mine.

“I think we will. Things just take time. I really don’t care if we do things the right way or the wrong way. As long as I have you in my life, I don’t care about the right time to get married or have kids.”

“But Nick.” He didn’t let me finish. He pulled my face to his. Nick slowly placed his lips on mine. We took our time memorizing each kiss as if we would never do it again. It was the most intense kisses I had ever tasted. My body ached for more, but Nick broke the kiss.

“That was so you will never question my love for you. You are my heart. You are my soul. You are the only thing that matters to me. Everything else means nothing. If my singing career never takes off, it doesn’t matter.  If we have to live in the beach house forever, it doesn’t matter. I love you and that is what matters.”

Tears streamed down my face. Lately it seems like all I did was cry. I was overjoyed with love and happiness.

“Nick, I love you.”

“I love you more, baby girl.”

“I have one question for you.”

“What?” He stared at me.

“Why don’t we act like teenagers?”

“Funny you should ask. Brian and I were talking about this the other day.”

“Really?”  I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Yes. With Brian’s helped I realized that we have a strong and powerful love. It goes further than puppy love. It goes further than an intimate relationship. We are soul mates. That makes are relationship more intense. We feel things that we’re not supposed to feel at this age. That is why it’s difficult for us to digest certain things.”

“That’s why we get into situations we’re not ready for. I’ve seen us grow a lot since we first met. I remember when you kissed me in Sweden.  That was the best day of my life.”

“Every day that I spend with you is the best day of my life. Our life together is just starting. We have many wonderful years ahead of us.” He kissed my forehead.

We both fell back on the bed and cuddle together. This was truly what being in love was about. I enjoyed being in his arms. We were in love and finally growing up together. I couldn’t wait to grow old with him.

 

THE END

Chapter End Notes:
Be sure to check out the story Moments. Share in some special times in Nick and Ashton's lives