- Text Size +
Chapter 10

The journey to the golf course was quite pleasant Kim was glad that Nick and Ash finally had something to talk about and without a cloud of tension hanging in the air.
Once inside the reception area they all sorted out their hire equipment Kim was tying her shoe laces as she noticed Nick and the guy’s talking about the golf clubs causing her to smile, she loved how he seemed at home with everyone and got in on the group jokes.
Nick soon caught Kim’s eye and beckoned for her to come over and pick her clubs she walked over and started rummaging through all the different types she didn’t have a clue what she was looking for they all did the same thing in her mind.

“You want some help picking?” Nick said as he moved around to the other side of her.

Kim pulled one out it was quiet long with a small strip of metal at the end of it.

“Nah I guess this one will do.”

Nick let out a loud chuckle.

“What?” Kim looked at him surprised by his reaction.

He shook his head and took the club of her.

“This will do for when you need to putt but it won’t get you around a whole course.” He continued to laugh.

Kim felt her face go red. Although she’d played before Ash normally just handed her the type of club she needed when it was her turn.

“Look let me show you.”
Nick pulled out another club and stood it next to Kim. He pulled a thinking face before putting it back and getting another.
“Yeah that’ll do, Look see how big the bottom is?”

Kim nodded.

“That’s called a driver, you use this for T ing off, you know when you need to hit the ball hard and far, use this.”

Kim smiled enjoying her lesson on golf clubs as Nick took her through everything she needed and when to use them on the course.

“I think that’s just about it then.”
He said putting the last club into her golf bag.

“T off in 10 minutes” Ash shouted from the doorway.

“I best head to the bathroom before we start.”
Kim announced to Nick who was still checking out golf equipment.

“Yeah K, I’ll meet you by the exit then” Nick replied not moving his gaze from some hi tech ball retrievers.
“You want me to get you a drink?”

“Yes please just a bottle of water will do. Thanks” Kim shouted back as she skipped off to find the restroom.

Out of the golf shop she looked around for some inclination as to where the loo’s where but couldn’t see any signs. She spotted Ash through a glass partition and waved her arms to get his attention. He laughed when he spotted her and she mouthed the words Toilet to him and did some irrelevant gestures with her arms.
Ash asked the guys if they knew where the toilets were then Andy began to make his way towards Kim.

“Down here.” He said in stern tone as he walked past Kim not even making eye contact with her.

“Oh Thanks” Kim said as she started to follow him.
“You can just tell me where they are, save you the trouble of walking all the way there.”
Kim continued feeling increasingly uneasy having to go off alone with Andy.

“I need to go to.” He snapped back.

Kim just quietly followed keeping her eyes glued to the floor. Occasionally she’d peep up but the sternness of his face made her not want to for long. Andy was a very tall guy with dark hair and even darker eyes. He was well built Ash had told Kim that Andy use to be an armature boxer for a few years but a bad car accident left him unable to continue. Apparently the woman driver he collided with was drunk and ended up killing his best friend.
Ash thought he just couldn’t let go off it that’s why he was moody looking and quiet.

Kim tried to think of something to say to Andy to break the ice a little but soon walked into the back of him as he abruptly stop in front of her.
He looked over his shoulder and down at Kim then nodded his head towards the ladies toilets.

“Thanks” Kim nodded as she went to make a quick exit.

Kim walked quickly down the narrow corridor to the end door where the toilet was as she reached the door she felt a strong tug on her arm. She spun round to see Andy towering over her.

“Yeah?” She shakily asked.

Andy glared down on her his eyes piercing her like she was the most disgusting thing he’d ever seen.
Kim swallowed hard as her throat became dry and her palms were sweaty.

“Is there a problem?” She asked trying hard to hide the tremble in her voice “Your kinda hurting my arm there.”

Andy breathed deeply and flared his nostrils. Kim was getting angry with him now he was gripping her tighter but still wouldn’t explain himself.

“Well?” Kim tried to yank her arm out of his grasp but he dug his fingers in even harder.

“You shouldn’t be here you know.” Andy finally broke his silence

“What?” Kim looked up at him puzzled

“You shouldn’t be here; this is a man’s job not a little girl’s, especially not one who likes to put it about a lot.”

Kim’s jaw dropped “What the fuck are you talking about? How fucking dare you say that to me, I have just as much right to be here as you and I work just as fucking hard and I do not ‘put it about’ at all, you don’t even know me how can you say that?.”

Andy pushed Kim against wall “I’ve seen the way they all look at you and I know what their all thinking they wanna do to you and don’t play all sweet an innocent with me you fucking love it, all that attention from men, leading them on knowing full well they have no chance with you cause your too busy fucking that gay boy.”

Kim felt her eyes begin to sting but rage was building up inside her. Luckily the sound of voices began to fill the air causing Andy to release his grip from Kim’s arm, as he turned around to see who was coming Kim shot into the bathroom and locked herself in one of the cubicles.

Her heart was pounding and the tears soon began streaming down her face she sat down on the toilet and threw her head into her hands and sobbed.
After a few minutes she took a deep breath and tried to pull herself together, slowly opening the cubical door she went over to the sink and splashed some cold water on her face.
Kim stood there in silence every time she thought she’d gotten control of herself Andy’s face would flash back to her causing her to break down again. She couldn’t think straight she was so frightened of what could have happened to her if those people had not of arrived when they did.
Suddenly a flush of anger engulfed Kim’s body.
How fucking dare he think he can speak to me like that fuckin loser he needs to get a life if he ever comes near me again I’ll fuckin.
Kim’s thoughts were interrupted as the main door opened and a little old lady appeared.

“Kim?” she smiled.

Fear flooded back over Kim as she thought Andy had sent the poor lady in to get her out, but a wave of relief soon arrived as the lady moved out of the way to reveal Nick standing behind her.
Kim let out a huge sigh of relief followed by happy chuckle at the sight of him.

“Everything OK?” He asked concerned as he peered through the doorway.

The sight of Nick became too much for Kim and she burst into tears again. As unexpected as it was for Nick to see her like this he instantly barged passed the lady and threw his arms around Kim to try and comfort her.

“What’s happened baby?”

Kim didn’t answer she couldn’t speak through the sobs.

“Please tell me what’s the matter with you I don’t know what to do.” Nick’s voice began to break as he spoke.

The lady still stood in the doorway not knowing what to do for the best, the tall man shouldn’t be in the Ladies room but the girl was to upset. She cleared her throat.

“Excuse me miss, I know the young man shouldn’t be in here but would you like me to give you both a few minutes to sort yourself out?”

Nick looked over to the lady and nodded his head.

The lady didn’t move though she continued to look to Kim for approval that it was ok for her to leave her with the man.

“Miss” she said again “Do you need a few minutes?”

Kim looked up through her blurry eyes and half smiled to the woman as she nodded.

“OK Miss I’ll be right outside but I can only give you a few minutes Ok.” The lady smiled to Kim as she shut the door behind her.

Nick grabbed Kim’s face and tilted it up towards his so he could look into her eyes. His heart began to ache at how upset she was and that there was nothing he could about it.

“Please Kim tell me what’s made you this upset, I can’t help you if I don’t know.”

Kim pulled out of Nicks hold and turned away from him, she took a deep breath as she wiped her face with the back of her hand. He watched her through the mirror, he felt himself beginning to get annoyed now that she wouldn’t open up to him and he knew it must be pretty bad for her to be as upset as she was.

“Please.” Nick tried again

“Nick.” Kim snapped at him. “I can’t do this right now.”

“You have to Kim I can’t make it better if you don’t tell me.”
He grabbed a hold of her arm causing her to wince in pain. He looked hard at her as she tried to pull her arm back but he looked down in time to see the red bruising that had formed.

“How’d this happen?” He instantly questioned.

Kim yanked her arm away from him trying to hide it and tried to head for the door.
Nick stood his ground in front of her

“Kim.” He sternly said. “Who the hell hurt you like that?”

Kim closed her eyes as she tried to fight back the tears.

“I can’t.” She muttered.

“You can and you have to.” Nick took a step closer to Kim.

Kim broke down again then confessed to Nick what had just happened with Andy.

“That fuckin son of a bitch.” Nick barked “I’ll fuckin kill him.”

“No” Kim shouted “You can’t this is my fight and I’ll have to deal with it, you gotta promise me you say or do anything I’ll deal with it. Promise me Nick.”

Nick let out a heavy sigh as he pulled Kim close to him.
“How can I just let some asshole get away with making my girl feel like this.”

Kim looked up at him “Your girl?”

“Yeah MY girl.” He smiled down to her, gently kissing her on the forehead.

The lady suddenly appeared in the doorway again.

“I’m sorry but people need to come in now so I’m going to have to ask the gentleman to leave.”

Nick looked down to Kim, “What you wanna do get a drink or go back to the hotel?”

“Err didn’t we come here to golf?” Kim joked.

“Yeah but I didn’t know if you’d still be up for it after you know.”

“Come on Tiger show me what you’ve got.”

As Kim and Nick left the toilet they thanked the lady and Nick handed her a huge tip for her trouble.

The two headed to the course hand in hand Kim felt a little uneasy around Nick half of her didn’t know how he felt about what she’d told him and the other half was scared he’d cause a scene when he met up with Andy. Kim had never imaged Nick would become that angry she thought he was going to explode, the last thing she wanted was for him to do something silly and get into trouble for her.

As they reached the first Tee Kim looked around for the others but they were nowhere in sight.

“You’d been gone awhile so I told the others to carry on n we’ll catch em up.” Nick finally said.

Kim was so relieved that she didn’t have to walk round with Andy now she could relax a little safe that it was just her and Nick.

About an hour into the game Kim and Nick had still not caught up with the rest of the group. Kim pretended to play exceptionally bad so she could keep a good distance from the others she still wasn’t ready to have that first face off with Andy. Although she had wanted to show Nick was wasn’t that bad she didn’t mind really as he kept putting his arms around her trying to show her how to hit the ball properly and giving her little hints and tips. Kim was enjoying this time alone with Nick it was just what she need after what had happened she felt safe and happy again. Kim tried hard to put the ordeal to the back of her mind but she just couldn’t, she’d drift off into daydreams about having to tell Ash and the effect this was going to have on everyone. Nick interrupted her thoughts by placing a kiss on her forehead.
“What’s that for?” Kim asked

“Just felt like it.” Nick smirked back.

Kim threw her arms around his neck and went up onto her toes to place a kiss on his lips.

“What’s that for?” Nick grinned

“Just felt like it.” Kim shrugged and turned to take her shot.

Another hour flew by Kim and Nick soon caught up with Ash and the guy’s. Kim quickly scanned the group but Andy was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Andy?” Nick asked straight away.

Kim looked at him and gave him a warning look.

“He didn’t come out with us, when he got back to us after showing you the toilet he said he felt sick and wanted to go home.” Ash answered
“Hello nice of you to catch us up though.” He added

Kim faintly smiled

“How you got on?” Nick asked moving around to look at Ash’s score card.

Kim was glad she didn’t have to deal with Andy she was still pretty shook up but she was also pissed that the coward had just ran away after what he did to her.

“Where gunna go get some food and maybe a few beers after this last stretch, you joining us Nick? One of the guy’s asked.

Nick nodded “Yeah sounds good. What we having?”

The guys and Kim all shouted at once “PIZZA!”

Nick laughed and shook his head at them.

They made their way up to the next whole leaving Kim and Nick trailing behind like naughty kids pushing each other and trying to trip the other over.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading Please review your feedback is always welcomed.