- Text Size +
Chapter 11

The next weeks flew by; Kim decided to put what happened at the golf course to the back of her mind. Andy had kept his distance and since he didn’t feel like a threat she decided to let it go and not mention it to anyone else even though Nick hated her decision and pleaded for her to at least tell Ash so he could watch out for her, it enfuriated him that he couldn't be there to protect her all the time.

Kim threw herself into her job to help her forget what had happened that day, she was amazed by how much she had picked up over a short space of time and thanks to her sudden and over keen interest in everything she had been given solo responsibilities throughout the show.
Things with Nick were evolving nicely too, they would hang out whenever they had a chance and we’re getting to know each other really well although Kim sometimes found it hard to divide her time equally between her new love and her colleagues.
As much as he hated it Nick understood they had to spend time apart as their relationship was a secret but both would just spend most of their time apart pinning for the other and counting down till their next meeting. Kim was having the time of her life and couldn’t ask for more.
It was now the last show in Spain they had the next three days off the get over to England for the UK shows. Kim was excited to be able to see her family and friends, she’d missed them so much but after the UK there were only 6 more shows left till the European leg of the tour was over. Although this had been playing on Kim’s mind for a while she’d not mentioned it to Nick as she didn’t want to seem to be coming on to strong after they had agreed to take it day by day, she felt uneasy not knowing what lay in store for them. She desperately wanted to stay in touch but the saying out of sight out of mind kept haunting her and it sadden her to think this was just a good time for him when her feelings were becoming so strong towards him.

Kim fought her way through the curtain that separated backstage from the front and checked her watch it was 4.00pm the sound check would be starting soon.
As she walked past the side of the stage to see who was about and if there was anything else left to do she tripped over a lose wire and felt herself go red from embarrassment.

Thank God no one saw that.
she sighed to herself she grabbed a small roll of black duct tape out of her work mans pouch and began securing the wire to the floor so no one else could trip on it, as she stood up she felt a hand slide around her waist and a voice whisper into her ear.

“Guess who?”

She instantly recognised the voice and beamed from ear to ear she spun round to see Nick smiling at her.

“Hey you, you already for sound check?”

“Yeah I am now I’ve seen you.” Nick winked.

Nick quickly scanned the arena checking who was about, when he saw the coast was clear he pulled Kim into a gap between the tiered seating and the backstage curtain.

“What are you doing?” She gasped
“What if someone sees us?”

She franticly looked around checking the area for anyone who may catch them. Her heart was pounding hard into her chest.

“What if they do?” Nick toyed with her.

She shook her head at him and flashed a smile.

“You’re a very naughty boy Mr Carter.” She seductively said

Nick grinned at her and licked his lips; every time he saw her he wanted her more and more he was finding it hard to control his thoughts of all the things he wanted to do her and how much he wanted to feel himself inside her.

“C’mon Nick stop foolin around we’ll get caught.”

He looked so hot in his tight white T shirt and slightly baggy jeans. Kim was finding it harder and harder to resist him.
All the time they had spend together over the past months had just confirmed Kim’s initial feeling for Nick she knew she was going to find it difficult to say goodbye to him in a few weeks even though she tried so hard to suppress her feelings.
Nick took a step closer to Kim forcing her to back up against the barriers on the seats, he placed one hand either side of her so she had nowhere to go and moved his head down towards hers.

“Nick” Kim gave him a warning look.

He ignored it and moved a little closer till his lips hovered just above hers.

Kim’s heart skipped a beat as she inhaled the sweet scent that came from him.

If we get caught all hell will break loose.
She thought to herself.
God I wanna kiss him so bad.

A cheeky grin formed over Nick’s lips as he looked deep into Kim’s eyes he was mesmerized by their dark chocolate colour yet they were able to sparkle so brightly.

“Nicky someone will see us sound check is any minute.” Kim gasped.

“I know” he smirked back.

Kim looked back at him a little shocked by his response and cocked an eyebrow.

“Do you wanna get caught?”

Still smirking he shrugged his shoulders.

Kim looked back at him trying not to laugh, she’d not yet experienced this naughty side of him and she quiet liked it.

“I think I’m losing this battle.” He softly said as he placed his lips on hers.

Feeling her not pull away he kissed her a little stronger causing her to groan slightly, enjoying the sound she made he moved his hand down to her side and placed it on her hip and pulled her into him.
Kim locked her arms around his neck and continued to kiss him passionately.
Nick gasped lightly as he felt himself getting more and more turned on from the kiss, he pressed himself against her and she could feel his stiffness against her, knowing how turned on he was getting made her even more excited as she gently flicked her tongue against his.
Nick let his hand slide up her waist and under her T shirt; he let his hand glide around to her back and up her spine causing her to shiver.
A loud voice in the distance caused them both to jump and part from each other, they both giggled and looked away from each other feeling a little embarrassed that they got so carried away but the adrenaline of maybe being found made the encounter even more exciting.
Kim heard a lot a voices talking at once and looked over her shoulder to see the crowds being lead in.
She smiled and looked back at Nick.

“I guess its show time.” She said as she caught her breath.

Nick let out a sigh, gutted that they had been interrupted.

“Yeah guess so!”

“You best get going then your fans a wait you” Kim playfully teased.

Nick looked at her, his cheeks beginning to grow a bright shade of red.

“I kinda can’t at the minute” he hesitated.

Kim looked at him puzzled. “And whys that?” she questioned.

He shyly giggled and looked down towards his bulging jeans, Kim’s eyes followed causing her face to match the colour of his as she realised what his problem was.

“See the effect you have on me?” he joked.

With that Kim went up on to the tips of her toes and quickly gave Nick a peck on the lips. He inhaled deeply as he watched her playfully skip off and leave him to readjust himself and change his thoughts to something more suitable for the occasion.


Kim hopped up onto the control area where Ash and John had just arrived.

“Hey” Kim cheerfully said.

“Alright, where ya been?” Ash inquired.

“Just around there were a couple of stray cables by the stage which needed seeing to.” Kim informed them both as she pulled up a stool to watch the sound check.

“I bet he did.” John quietly said causing Ash to burst out laughing.

Kim thought she had heard correctly and instantly felt her face flush.

OMG did they see us?
She thought. Her mind began racing.
Oh please, please, please, don’t have caught us that’s too embarrassing.

She began to feel slightly sick at the thought of being caught out, she turned her head to look at Ash and John who were both still looking at her and laughing.

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” she asked getting defensive.

The two men looked at each other then burst out laughing again.

“Well?” she demanded becoming increasingly impatient with them.

John held his laughter in as he managed to say
“Nothing so did HE? I mean it get dealt with ok?”

Kim shook her head and inhaled deeply as the two men fell about laughing again.

“I don’t have the foggiest what you’re on about and I don’t find either of you very funny. Whatever it is!” she snapped feeling increasingly silly.

“Ooooooooooh” both men mocked.

Kim glared at them both then turned around to look at the stage.

What am I gunna do now?
She thought.
Everyone knows about us and its gunna wreak everything, it’s over.

She felt a wave of sadness come over her as she explored her nonexistent future with Nick in her mind.
As Nick finally took to the stage there was a loud scream from the crowd and John and Ash began making kissing noises behind Kim.

“Looks like you got a bit of competition there pet.” John shouted through his laughs.

“You’re not funny, so a girl can’t be friends with a guy without it meaning she’s fuckin him?!” Kim snapped back as her sadness began to turn to anger.

The two men continued to make kissing noises and through their heavy laughs happy in the success of baiting Kim. They began to sing a rhyme

Kim and Nicky sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Kim jumped up off the stool she was so annoyed and needed to get away from them quick. Ash saw Kim was getting upset by them so he gave John a huge elbow in the ribs and went over to Kim.
Putting his arm around her he said

“C’mon John enough now.”

Kim shrugged him off she was so pissed off with him and John she just wanted to get away from them both.

“C’mon Kim it’s just a joke we know your just friends” Ash air quoted “with them all and not in some kinda sex party.”
he tried to smooth things over as best he could.

Kim still glared at him and John was still in a fit of giggles.

“Ay Kim we’re just pullin ya leg pet.” John said as the giggles began to subside.

A huge feeling of calm and relief swept over Kim as she realised they were just winding her up. Oh shit maybe my reaction will now cause them to suspect something really. She thought.

Ash placed his arm around Kim again but this time she let it stay there.

“You OK? Really we just winding you up, chill OK.” Ash tried to comfort Kim.

“Yeah it’s cool, sorry for snapping must getting to that time of the month or something.” She said through a heavy sigh, hoping that would account for her unusual erratic response to their joke.

John pulled a face as she mentioned time of the month.
“And that’s the end of this convo for me.” He joked.

“Wanna come get some coffee’s with me?” Ash asked Kim

“Yeah, I could do with some fresh air.”
Chapter End Notes:
Please review. Thanks