- Text Size +
Chapter 13

Kim sat there watching the guy’s around her eating burgers and chatting away about football.
Going off to London with Nick was playing heavy on her mind, she felt bad towards Ash like she was just bailing on him after he had been so kind to her by giving her the job and supporting her so much whilst she had been there.
As she looked up Andy walked past her he didn’t make eye contact but the sight of him still made her stomach churn. She spun around on the bench she was sitting at so she had her back to everyone and lent back resting her elbows on the table behind her. She felt sick inside from not only the sight of Andy but also this constant feeling that she was betraying Ash somehow. She closed her eyes, inhaled deeply and breathed out heavy causing her lips to pout.
Considering it was the middle of winter the weather was pretty mild, although it was chilly the sky was clear so the sun shone down on her. As she basked in the sunlight a shadow cast over her face she opened one eye to see Ash about to sit down next to her, she let out a half smile at her friend.

“You OK?” He asked, “You look a little pissed today.”

“Yeah fine.” Kim said as guilt caused her to look away from him.

Ash turned into Kim.
“That’s not the face of someone who’s ‘fine’.” He said air quoting again.

Kim hesitated for a few minutes before screwing up her face and turning back to Ash.

“Ash, I kinda need to talk to you.” She quickly glanced around at the other guy’s sitting by them.
“Alone.” She continued.

“OK, are you OK? He asked in a concerned tone.

“Come on lets go over there for a cigarette.” She said getting off the bench.

As the pair walked around the other side of the building, they picked up a couple of crates to sit on.

“So you gunna tell me what’s up or have I gotta stay worried about you?” Ash said as he handed Kim a lighter.

“Is it one of the guy’s? Have they upset you? Is it me? Have I given you too much to do?” Ash pressed desperate to know what was going on.

Kim smiled Ash was cute when he was worried and was unsure of what to do. She gently squeezed his knee for reassurance.

“No it’s not you, you’re great.” Kim smiled
“This whole experience has been amazing and I have you to thank for bringing me here and being so good to me.”

“So what the hell’s up then Kim?” He interrupted.

Kim paused for a second; she bit her bottom lip as she tried to think of the right words to use.

“Ok” She sighed.
“I’m so, so grateful that you let me come here really I am and I don’t want you to think badly of me for this but, well I kinda.” She paused again feeling terrible having to say this.

She did not know how Ash would react or even if there would be any implications for him or her in what she was about to say.

Ash’s eyes opened widely trying to prompt her to continue.
“Your kinda what?” he pushed.

Kim thought again if telling Ash was really the right thing to do but it was too late to go back now. It’s better to just come clean and face the consequences. She thought.

“I’m kinda seeing Nick.” She finally blurted out, and then began muttering.
“Well I don’t know if it’s seeing or, well you couldn’t call it going out or dating, or could you? I don’t know whatever it is something’s going on with me n Nick.”

She began to confess all to Ash, leaving out a few of the steamier parts for obvious reasons. Ash never said a word throughout Kim’s confession he just sat there and listened.

“Look I’m really sorry and I know this is probably gunna cause you loads of trouble but it just kinda happened and I didn’t wanna make a big deal out of it cuz you know our work on this tour is nearly over and nothing more will come of me n Nick once he leaves. I’m really sorry Ash.”
Kim’s eyes began to sting as the full force of her guilt hit her.

“Hey” Ash said moving closer to her to put his arm around her.

“I’m so sorry, I know you had a lot riding on this job and now I’ve let you down and gone and caused you a load of trouble that you don’t need.” Tears began to roll down her cheeks.

Ash squeezed her tightly. “Look you bloody moron, there’s no problem here. I won’t lie to ya Kim I really don’t think getting involved with someone like him is a good idea but you can’t help who you fall for, believe me I know!” he looked away and ran his hand through his hair.

“ Look at me Kim, I kinda guessed something was up but I just couldn’t put my finger on it; don’t think I can’t tell when you’re up to something I’ve known you to bloody long. To be honest I’ve not had to deal with work romances before but I can’t see a problem as long as it’s not affecting your work, which it’s not.”

Kim looked up and smiled at Ash she was so relieved to hear his words.

“I’m guessing you still wanna keep it quiet though?” Ash continued.

Kim nodded. “Yeah it’s just easier that way.”

“Ok you’re secret’s safe with me as long as you promise to be careful.”

“Thanks Ash.” Kim threw her arms around him and hugged him tight.

“Now is there any more drama I should be aware of?”

Kim pulled down her top lip with her teeth. “Kind of.” She said scrunching her face up.

“What?”

“Erm, well Nick kinda brought me a ticket to London.”

“That was nice of him.” Ash huffed.

“It’s for tonight well earlier hours of the morning.”

“and you want the night off?” Ash hastily enquired.

“Oh God no.” Kim instantly replied.

Ash paused for a second and looked into Kim’s dark eyes,
“It’s Ok you can go if you want to, we’ll manage.”
Ash half smiled at Kim, he was somewhat sad he knew they had not spent as much time together as he would have liked but he really felt like he had lost her altogether now.

“No, no way, I can be picked up at 12.30 so I’m staying to do my shift.”

“It’s”

“It’s not up for discussion.” Kim interrupted. “You said this was cool as long as it didn’t interfere with my work and it’s not. Nick knows I’m here to do a job and so is he, I’m doing my shift.”

Ash smiled and shook his head.

“You’re a gudden you know, I hope Mr Carter appreciates what he’s been lucky enough to find.” He said as he ruffled her hair

Kim pushed him off and blushed at his compliments.

“Thanks again Ash.”

“No problem, right we best get you sorted for tonight so you can jet off undetected. Come on last one to the bus has gotta make the tea.” He said as he legged it around the corner.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading please review