- Text Size +
Chapter 14

Kim arrived at the airport just before 1.20am, Ash had been great giving her the quick jobs so she could get out on time they had told they others that Kim had managed to get a cancellation flight so she could deal with a family matter. She did not like that she had to lie to all the guys but she knew it could cause some problems for Ash and her if they thought she was getting special favours.

As she walked through the doors of the departure area she was surprised at how busy the airport was, there were so many photographers hanging about and quite a few young girls.

Why are they not at home tucked up in bed?

Kim thought to herself, as she looked a little closer she noticed a few of them holding signs and instantly recognised some Backstreet Boys song titles that had been magically worked into the girls messages of love.
Kim laughed to herself;
well that explains it then, there here for the Backstreet Boys Derr!
She chuckled as she scanned around for her check in desk.
Gosh I’m so glad Nick left me with my own tickets he’d have been mobbed if he had to wait around for me, I best text him and let him know I’m here.

Kim made her way over to her check in desk and pulled her phone out of her pocket. As she was about to text Nick she noticed an odd looking guy sitting on his own, she was instantly drawn to the fact he was wearing dark glasses not only in doors but during the middle of the night too. He had a dark Nike cap on and a quite expensive looking camera hung around his neck.

If he’s meant to be a secret photographer he’s not doing a very good job. She thought to herself.

The lady at the desk then called her to come forward, just as she’d finished checking in she heard loud screams which made her jump with fright, she spun round to see a man who looked like the guy’s security trying to clear a pathway through the crowds.

They must just be arriving, their very late. She said to herself.

Just then she felt someone grab her arm, fear engulfed her as thoughts of Andy grabbing her came flooding back she was about to scream out for help when she looked to see the strange guy with the camera next to her as he pulled his glasses down slightly she caught sight of his eyes, it was Nick.

“What the f” she gasped as it began to sink in who it was.

“Ssssshhhhhh.” We gotta get through quick whilst their distracted.

Nick lead her through a door and removed his glasses as soon as he was through.

“What on earth are you doing?” Kim questioned
“You scared the bejebbers outta me when you grabbed me like that.

“Sorry babe, I just wanted to wait for you to make sure you got through OK n when we got here n saw all the pap’s n fans it kinda messed my plans up So AJ said he’d wait for you to get here then come through so I could get ya, hence the dodgy disguise.”

Kim burst out laughing. “You do look kinda ridiculous Nicky.”
She shook her head. “You shouldn’t have gone through all this palaver for me though I could have phoned you if there were any problems you dumbass.”

Nick pouted and showed his puppy dog eyes. “I sorrwey.

“Come on lets go get a drink.” She chuckled.

As they walked through the duty free shops, Kim stopped in her tracks.

“What’s up?” Nick asked looking back.

“I just thought, I know AJ kinda knows but how do we explain my being here to the rest of your posse?”

“Don’t worry knuckle head, I’ve took care of it.” Nick began to walk off but stopped when he saw Kim wasn’t following.

“You wanna elaborate on that duffus?” Kim asked as she made her way over to him.

“Sure, I just told em all about you.” He answered with a huge grin.

Kim stopped again. “Sorry you what?”

“Look I know we said it was just us” Nick said as he made his way to join her. “But I can trust these guy’s with my life, I can promise they won’t get in the way and if we need any help like just then out in the front they can do that for us. Besides I kinda liked telling them about you.”

Kim gave him a puzzled look.

“Look I get to spend a lot of time listening to how wonderful, funny and great Leighanne, Leigh and Rochelle are an, well it felt good to be able to join in n say Oh Kim said the funniest thing the other day. You know what I mean?”

Kim smiled as his kind words swirled around her head.

Nick stood next to Kim and wrapped his little finger around hers.

“Please don’t be mad I had to tell them, their my family and it is easier if they know, and they do really like you.”

Kim felt her cheeks begin to glow. “They do?”

“Yeah of course they do and why wouldn’t they.” He winked “come on lets go get them drinks.”

Kim followed him nervously, she couldn’t be mad she did tell Grace and Ash and at least now they wouldn’t have to come up with some half assed story of how she just so happened to be on the same flight and in the same hotel.

As they came out of the shop Kim instantly saw everyone taking up one corner of the departure lounge. Brian and Leighanne were reading to Bayley, Howie was half asleep on Leighs shoulder as she read a book and rocked James’s carry cot. Jenn was having a heated debate with someone on the phone and AJ, Rochelle and the rest of the guy’s were in the arcade racing each other on motorbikes.

Kim took a deep breath as Nick led her over to the seating area.
Kim instantly felt uneasy as everyone’s eyes clamped on her and they were all smiling like Cheshire Cats.
Kim slightly smiled back as she tried to hide behind Nick for safety.

“Hey.” Leigh quietly said “You get here ok?”

“Yeah, no problems thanks.” Kim felt her voice croak as she answered back.

Jenn looked up and waved whilst she was still on the phone and Kim shyly mimicked back, she couldn’t get to grips with this bizarre feeling she was having. How could she have spent the last few months with these people and feel so comfortable and at home and now she was suddenly scared stiff of them all?

A loud whistle came from the games area causing Howie to jolt out of his nap, he looked disorientated until he realised Leigh was next to him then he relaxed again.

Nick nodded over to AJ who was beckoning him to go over and join in.

“You comin over?” Nick turned to Kim n asked. “You can leave your bag with these.”

Kim smiled at her audience and placed her back pack next to Nick’s then followed him over to the games room half running as she tried to keep up with his gigantic strides.

“Sup, English?” AJ shouted as Kim lent up a slot machine. “Wanna play?”

Kim eyed up the huge motorbikes. “Errr I think I’ll pass thanks.”

AJ began to make chicken noises but was shut up abruptly by Nick who playfully pushed him into one of the bikes.

“Come on then J it’s time to settle an old score.” Nick said as he hopped on the bike.

Rochelle made her way round to Kim,

“Hey, it’s a good job it’s not too long till the flight else these pair would be here forever.” She joked.

“You play?” Rochelle asked signalling over to an empty pool table.

“Yeah but not very well.” Kim confessed.

“Me neither come on it gets a little boring watching these boys.”

Kim followed Rochelle over to the table.

“So how long you been working on the road?”

Rochelle enquired as she set up the balls.

“Just since the beginning of this tour, it was kind of a favour for my mate?” Kim explained as she chalked her cue.

“Awesome, is that the blonde guy your always working with?”

“Yeah that’s Ash, he’s a cool guy.”

They both chatted away and played a few games until they were interrupted by AJ and Nick

“Time to go ladies.” AJ announced as he gave Rochelle a huge bear hug.

“OK?” Nick nodded to Kim

“Yeah” she smiled back

“COME ON GUYS N GALS THE PLANE WONT WAIT FOR YOU” Jenn shouted from across the room.

The four of them sheepishly headed over to pick their bags up. Nick grabbed his then picked Kim’s up.

“It’s Ok I got it.” Nick said as Kim tried to take it off him.

As Kim got on the plane she soon found she was seated next to Nick.

“How did you manage to get seats together at such short notice?” She asked.

“It’s a little of what you know but mostly who you know.” Nick laughed back.

Kim shook her head at him as she moved into the window seat. She watched Nick as he fidgeted around in his seat and fumbled with his seat belt.

As they taxied around the runway Kim watch the bright lights on floor begin to whizz passed her. There was a sudden jolt as the plane began to leave the floor causing both Kim and Nick to quickly grab onto the armrests of their seats. They both looked at each other and started to laugh.

“Scared of flying?” Kim asked

“Yeah a little, you?” Nick asked back trying to take deep breaths.

“Yeah a lot. I wouldn’t think you’d be scared of flying the amount of times you’ve been on an aeroplane.”

Nick raised an eyebrow. “Remind me to tell you about why I’m scared when were back on the ground.”

As Nick relaxed a little he began to tell Kim about some of his future projects, Kim was amazed at the amount of stuff he had on the go and how he was able to juggle them so well.

“How do you fit it all in?” She enquired.

Nick shrugged. “I dunno, you just do I guess. I mean I’m so lucky to be where I am and I just wanna make the most out of it you know. I have great opportunities in life n I don’t wanna just waste them and get to the end of it all n wish I’d done something or tried something I hadn’t. It’s better to have tried and failed than have never tried and regretted.”

Kim nodded and smiled widely at him, she lifted her coke can and said.
“To always trying.”

Nick smiled back and did the same
“and never regretting.”

They soon touched down at Heathrow and quickly made their way through the huge airport and into mini vans that were waiting for them.
It took a little under half an hour to get to their hotel everyone was super tired so the journey was pretty quiet.
Kim and Nick were the last ones to get checked in, Kim decided to sit down with their bags while Nick sorted the rooms out as her back was aching from sitting so tensely on the plane. She scanned around the hotel lobby it was so beautiful better than anything she’d ever stayed in.
Even through the middle of the night the whole place looked so bright and welcoming. The floor was a grey marble there were brown leather seats spotted around the lobby and the welcome desk was a dark brown colour which matched the seats. Lots of abstract pictures hung around the walls and although it looked quiet posh and grand there was also a kind of contempary feel to the building.
Nick soon can over to and grabbed his bags.

“Ready?” He said as he headed for the lift.

Kim quickly followed him into the elevator after a very short ride the doors opened and Nick lead out along a long dim lit corridor.
As Kim trailed behind she noticed there weren’t many rooms on this floor. I wonder if that is because the inside of the rooms are so big. She imagined what they would look like until Nick stopped and turned to her, he held up two room keys.

“So this is you.” He said handing her one of the keys.

“You managed to get 2 rooms then.” She sleepily asked.

Nick just smiled at her.

“I wouldn’t have minded sharing you know, it’s only for a few days.” She continued as she rubbed her eyes.

“Good job.” Nick said as he stuck his key card in the door.

Kim looked at him puzzled.

“They didn’t have a spare room so I said they could just put us together.” He winked.

Kim looked at him surprisingly. “Well that’s a risky little game you’ve just played.”

Nick continued to grin as he opened the door and allowed Kim to enter first. She walked in and let her tired eyes quickly explore the room.

“Wow, it’s so nice. I don’t think I’ve ever stayed in a room this big it’s nearly as big as my house. She joked. “Only one bed though?”

“Yeah but you don’t mind sharing remember.” He threw his bag down and flopped onto the king sized bed.
“Ahhhhhhhhhhh that’s good.”

Kim chucked a cushion at him from the huge grey sofa next to her.

“I’m just gunna freshen up a little before I sleep.”
She grabbed her back pack and hunted around for the bathroom.

After a quick wash and brushed teeth Kim emerged from the bathroom she looked over to see Nick still sprawled across the bed but he’d fallen asleep. She looked at him a little and smiled at his little snores escaped. He was taking up most of the bed but she did not want to disturb him as she guessed he needed the sleep after the show and journey straight after,
So she carefully removed his trainers and threw a little blanket which she had found in a cupboard over him.
There was an extra blanket left and some spare pillows so used them to turn the sofa into a bed, she didn’t mind though as she knew she’d be asleep as soon as her head touched the pillow.
She lay on the sofa staring at the ceiling wanting desperately to replay her day in her head, but her tired eyes wouldn’t let her as they slowly closed and she drifted off into a deep sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review thank you :)