- Text Size +
Chapter 15

Kim woke up with a sharp pain in her neck from how she had been sleeping on the sofa. As her eyes adjusted, she looked over to the bed but it was empty, she shuffled up on the sofa so she could sit up and faintly heard the sound of running water coming from the bathroom. She smiled to herself in the knowledge that Nick was still around, the pain in her neck was getting worse so she slowly rolled her head back and forth and squeezed her neck trying to relieve the pain.

I had better tell my mom I’m back in the UK and safe. Kim said to herself.

She scanned the room and spotted her phone laying on a desk the other side of the room, she scrunched her face up at the thought of having to get out from under her warm blanket and face the cold.
Kim sat there quietly for a few seconds then decided to count to three, then she could jump up grab the phone off the side and dive back under her blanket before the cold could claim her.

1-2-3.

She threw the blanket off her and jumped up the cold air instantly hit her skin causing her teeth to chatter as Goosebumps appeared on her arms and legs.
Passing the bathroom door she could hear Nick singing in the shower.
Kim quietly giggled as she pressed her ear up against the door to try and hear what he was singing.

- Hey where did we go,
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow,
Playin' a new game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a thumpin' and you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl. –


As she heard the water stop running, she jumped away from the door and ran over to the huge bed, she climbed across it and crawled underneath heavy duvet, snuggling in to get warm. Nick was loudly pottering around in the bathroom so Kim quickly text her mom put her phone on the bedside table and picked up the TV remote, she switched the TV on and began to watch GMTV the clock in the corner of the screen said 7.58am Kim sighed and threw her head into the bouncy pillow.

I really shouldn’t be awake at this time Eurgh!!! She huffed.

Kim flicked through a few channels she found Everybody Loves Raymond so stopped to watch it. Nick shortly appeared out from the bathroom she felt her body begin to tingle as she eyed him standing there in just grey sweat pants.

“Hey you.” He said as he ruffled his wet hair with a towel
“So you finally decided to get into bed then?”

Kim shyly smiled as Nick approached the bed and jumped onto it to lay beside her.

“If you don’t wanna share a bed I’ll take the couch you know, it’s cool I don’t mind.”

Kim rolled onto her side so she could look at his face better.

“Nah it’s cool, me on the couch wasn’t my plan but when I came out of the bathroom you were sparked out in the middle of the bed n I didn’t wanna wake you to tell you to move over so I just used the sofa.”

Nick kissed Kim on the nose.

“What you watchin.” He asked as he crashed into the pillow behind him.

“Everybody Loves Raymond.”

Nick pulled a face.

“What you don’t like it?” Kim asked.

“Errr Nope.” Nick instantly replied.

“How can you not like this? It’s funny.”

“It’s not that funny n man that dudes voice gets on my nerves.” Nick tried to defend himself.
“Daytime TV sucks anyway I’m glad I don’t get to see much of it.” He continued.

Kim knew she wasn’t going to win this one so she decided to change the subject.

“So what’s on the agenda for today then?”

Nick stretched his arm out and placed it around Kim pulling her close to him. She placed her head on his chest and he began to curl a loose strand of her hair around his finger.

“I gotta a TV interview then a radio one then I’m done for the day. I think I may be coming down with something though.”
He let out a fake cough.
“I may have to stay in bed today.” He joked.

Kim titled her head to look up at him; she winced as the sharp pain returned to her neck.

“You’re going to work Nicky; I’ll keep the bed warm for you though.” Kim cheekily winked.

“I like the thought of that.” Nick pretended to be imagining Kim in bed waiting for him to return.

Kim went to give him a playful dig but her sore neck stopped her.

“What’s the matter is your neck hurting you?”

“Yeah it’s nothing though I just must have slept funny, it’ll go away soon.” Kim rubbed her neck again.

“Come here you.” Nick said.

He shuffled up the bed and sat up, parting his legs he signalled for Kim to sit in the gap. Kim reluctantly from the cold moved to sit between Nicks legs, she got comfortable and he began to gently rub her neck using his thumbs to apply pressure where she said the pain was.

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH” Kim groaned.

“I take it that means you like it then.” He began to giggle.

“MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM”

Nick moved Kim’s ponytail out of the way so her neck was fully exposed to him, he spread his hands down to the base of her neck then started to rub along her collar bone softly kissing her neck.
Kim dropped her head forward and moaned slightly as he kissed her soft spot. Her head rolled back as his lips made their way around her neck, his thumb traced her jaw line till it reached her chin she opened her mouth slightly and stuck her tongue out to push his thumb inside her mouth where she gently sucked it. As she reached the tip with her tongue, she pushed it back out of her mouth then closed her eyes as she felt his moist thumb slide down her neck.
Nicks fingers traced the neckline of Kim’s vest then he slowly slid his hand inside her top.
Kim moved her head so she could kiss Nick but just as their lips met the hotel phone began to ring, she pulled away but he followed her.

“Answer the phone.” She said between kisses.

Nick grunted not happy that he had to stop and reached out for the phone.
Kim hopped up and straddled Nick as he answered, she began to repay the favour by kissing his neck and chest whilst he talked on the phone he tried not to giggle as her soft touches tickled him.
Nick put the phone down and looked into Kim’s eyes he pulled a disgruntled face.

“I gotta go baby, cars comin in 10 mins.”
He planted another kiss on Kim’s lips then threw her onto her back as he got off the bed.
Kim propped herself up on her elbows and watched him as he quickly changed into jeans and a hoodie and grabbed a cap. He turned back to Kim.

“What you gunna do? I’ll be back before 2pm.”

Kim smiled. “I’m just gunna chill here maybe try n get a little more sleep. I get bad headaches when I’m tired.”

“Cool I’ll be as quick as I can, my laptop is in my bag if you wanna use it or you can order some food or a movie whatever.” He leant over and gave her a kiss.
“I gotta go Jenn hates me when I’m late.”

“OK have fun, Oh what show are you on I’ll watch.”

“Erm I think it’s This Morning or so something like that but I’ll text you to let you know when I get downstairs.”
He ran back over to her for another kiss.

“Ok I really gotta go.”

As the door shut Kim collapsed into the bed her whole body was burning with desire, she had never wanted someone as much as she wanted him and she hated how she constantly found herself fighting every thought and emotion inside her so she would not let her head run away with her and have to deal with such heart ache once this was over.

Gosh I’m so gunna bust if this carries on much longer.

She ran her hands over her face and through her tangled hair.

I gotta take a shower n cool off a little.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading Please review. :)

Song used Brown eyed girl - Van Morrison