- Text Size +
Chapter 18

Kim woke the next morning a gap in the curtain allowed the sunlight to beat down on her face, turning her head she smiled to see Nick still asleep next to her.
She got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom still smiling from thoughts of last night’s make out, checking her reflection in the bathroom mirror she scrunched her face up at the sight of her dark eyes from smudged make up and her tangled hair sticking up.

“Eurgh!” she muttered, then ran her tongue over her teeth as she reached for her toothbrush.


About 20 minutes later she emerged from the bathroom feeling fresh and clean with a towel wrapped around her body and her hair dripping wet, she looked over to the bed to see Nick had woken up and was watching a show called Jeremy Kyle although he didn’t look to impressed by it.

“Morning” she said with a huge smile.

“Hey you” Nick instantly beamed back.

Kim ran a comb through her hair then tied it back in a messy bun as she made her way over to the edge of the bed. Nick shuffled over then pulled back the heavy duvet as a signal for her to get in beside him. Kim hesitated for a second she didn’t want to make the bed damp from her wet towel so she back tracked and quickly slipped on a pair of clean underwear and one of Nicks old T-shirts that was laying on the side. As she jumped in beside him he quickly wrapped his arms around her and held her tight.

“So what’s the plan for today then?” Kim asked as she gently rested her head on his chest.

“I dunno, I’d quite like to just spend the day chillin out and relaxin, how bout you?”

Kim lifted her head and smiled. “I like the idea of that.”

Getting a little over excited she jumped up to her knees.

“We could watch movies and eat sweets all day.” She beamed.

Nick chuckled at her enthusiasm.

“OK so I’ll go n have a quick cigarette and grab us some supplies from the shop and you can decided what you wanna watch while I’m gone.” Kim continued.

“Sounds like a well thought out plan to me.” Nick laughed.

Kim dashed over to her belongings and quickly slipped on a pair of black combats and her trainers, leaving Nicks T shirt on she pulled an oversized hoodie of hers over the top.

“Any requests from the shop?” she turned to Nick who was still smiling at her.

“Erm no, just surprise me, do you want me to come with you?”

Kim shook her head, “Nah it’s ok, it’s only across the road and I’ll be quicker on my own.”

Kim made her way back over to the bed and softly kissed Nick, as she went to pull away he quickly wrapped his strong arms around her and pulled her back into him.

“OK Romeo, hold that thought and I’ll be back soon.” Kim breathlessly said as she finally managed to break away.

Nick pouted not wanting to let go and if it wasn’t for the fact he was desperate to use the bathroom he would have held on for dear life.
Quickly pecking his cheek Kim then jumped up and headed for the door.

“Be quick.” Nick shouted after her.

“I will.” She shouted back as the door began to close behind her.

Nothing could have been able to remove the smile from Nicks face, it was the most content he had felt for a long time. He jumped out of bed and switched his laptop on as he made his way over to the bathroom.


20 minutes later Kim arrived back at the hotel she decided to have another cigarette as she didn’t see herself coming back out of the room any time soon. Just as she inhaled her phone began to ring, she dug deep into her pockets trying to locate it as she pulled it out of her pocket she saw Ash’s name flashing up on the screen.

“Hey you.” She answered the phone.

“Hello, how’s London looking?” Ash answered back.

“Pretty grey as always.” Kim jested. “So how’s the trip over going?”

“It’s been ok nothing exciting to report back, we should be in Calais in a few hours.”

“Wow so soon.” Kim asked surprised.

“Yeah, the trips been pretty quick, we missed a few stop over’s so we could get over quicker.”

“What’s with the rush?”

“Well I’ve been summoned to a meeting with the Backstreet’s management as soon as we reach Manchester and they want you to come to.”

Kim’s heart dropped feeling a sudden panic wash over her she tried to speak but kept stuttering.

“Wwwhat’s it about? It’s because of the whole Nick thing isn’t it? I’ve got you in trouble now haven’t I?”

“I honestly don’t know Kim, I didn’t get a reason all they said was that they needed to speak with me and that I needed to bring you to. I don’t think it can be bad though, if it was I’m sure they’d have us in an office before then and anyway your over there with them and their manager so surely you’d pick up on anything if it was bad news”
Ash tried comfort Kim but no words would be able to stop her from feeling so crappy.

“So what should I do then? Should I make my way up to Manchester now?” Kim muttered.

“Nah, our crossing is not till late afternoon, we couldn’t get on an earlier one so we won’t make it up to Manchester till late evening so you may as well just head up 1st thing in the morning.”

“Are you sure? I feel really shitty now like I’ve got you in trouble.” Kim softly spoke.

“Don’t be silly, you’ve done absolutely nothing wrong.”

“So what the hell is it about then Ash?”

“Kim you need to calm down seriously if these guy’s don’t want you around they don’t let it linger they just get rid of you, believe me, I put money on it just being some kind of wind down meeting, it’s nearly the end now so they’ll pro bust wanna say thanks and well done for your hard work.”

“But why would they need me there then?”

“I don’t know Kim, maybe because your female and they just want to know how you found it or something like that. Look if you’re that worried ask Nick to find out for you.” Ash was becoming a little impatient with Kim now.

“Ok Ok I’ll calm down, I just don’t want you to be in trouble for something I’ve done.”

“I won’t be, like I said if we’d done anything wrong they would have just got rid of us instantly. Ok.”
Ash still tried to reassure Kim but inside he was just as worried he not been called to a meeting like this before.

“Ok” Kim exhaled deeply allowing her blood pressure to slowly return to normal.

“Cool so ring me in the morning when you get on the train n I’ll come get you from the station OK.”

“OK thanks Ash.”

“No problems, now don’t spend your day stressing over it. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye Ash.”

Kim slowly made her way into the hotel and up to her room as she reached the door she could hear Nick shouting in the room as quick as she could she opened to door and flew inside to find Nick sitting at his laptop cursing because he couldn’t pass the level he was on in his game.
She shook her head and threw her carrier bag onto the bed causing Nick to jump when he noticed her.

“Hey you’re finally back.” He smiled trying to hide his embarrassment from being caught over reacting to his game.

“Yeah.” Kim quietly answered

“Is everything Ok?” Nick asked getting up from his chair.

Kim slumpt down onto the bed and rested her head in her hands.

Nick immediately went to her side,
“Baby’s what’s happened?” his voice was filled with concern.

“I think I’ve got Ash in trouble and I feel super shitty for it.” She answered as she lifted her head to look at Nick.

Nick moved to sit beside her.
“Why would you think that?”

Kim paused for a second.
“Well he just phoned and said he’s been summoned to a meeting as soon as he gets to Manchester and I have to go with him and I just have this horrible feeling that it’s because of me and you.”

Nick placed his finger under her chin and lifted her head so he could look into her eyes.

“What are you like?”

Kim look back at him puzzled.

“No one will be getting into trouble because of us, do you not think that if this were a problem I’d be made aware of it and have said something.”
Nick began to smirk.

Kim’s eyes narrowed as she stared back at him. Something’s up she thought to herself.

“Are you sure?” She finally asked.

“Yep.” Nick began nodding his head.
“So don’t stress ok it’s probably just some kind of end of leg meeting so they know how you felt it went then they can fix any problems for the next part of the tour.”

A wave of relief came over Kim as she began to accept the possibility that Nick and Ash were right and she was freaking out over nothing. Nick lent in and kissed her on the head.

“Now are we gunna get some of these films I’ve found watched or what?” Nick laughed

“Yeah let’s do this.” Kim beamed as she leant back pretending to stretch out but grabbed a pillow from behind her and playfully hit Nick with it causing all hell to break lose as he retaliated and pillows began to be launched across the bed.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading. Please review.