- Text Size +
Chapter 21


The UK tour had gone by a lot faster than Kim had wished, Nick and the boys had been super busy working nearly every hour God had sent either doing the concert or TV and radio appearances plugging the new album.
They had just got back from a quick stop over in Germany for the European Music Awards and although Nick had begged and begged for Kim to go with him she declined wanting to use the free time to check in on her family.
The boys were back today and it was the penultimate show that evening.


Kim was up in the ceiling of the arena doing some maintenance on a few of the lights. She had her Ipod on and was humming away to a song when she was interrupted by loud screams, she looked over the safety rail to see the hall had filled with people and the boy’s were on stage she sat down and dangled her legs off the side of the platform as she watched the boys goofing around.
It was nice to see how happy Nick was when was playing with his fans jumping off stage and causing mayhem as Q tried to shield him from a stampede of over 100 girls. All of the boys were just as energetic and as funny as the first time Kim had saw them nearly 4 months ago.
After finally remembering she was meant to be working Kim quickly fixed the last light and made her way down to the floor but stopped in her tracks as she overheard a question one of the fans had asked.


“So Nick do you have a girlfriend yet, or are you still looking for that someone special?”

Kim held on tight to the ladder her heart pounding into her chest as she waited for Nicks answer.

‘Why is this bothering me so much?’ She asked herself.
‘Why do I feel like my heart will drop out of my chest if he says no?’

Kim breathed deeply as the silence seemed to last forever, then he finally spoke.

“Yeah I have someone special.”

Kim closed her eyes and didn’t even try to hide the huge smile that had formed on her face.
She made her way down the rest of the ladder and happily skipped out of the arena to take her break.


About half an hour later Kim was greeted by some familiar voices, she looked up from her box to see Nick, Brian, Howie, and AJ standing around her.

“Hey guys” Kim broadly smiled.

“Hey” They all sung together.

“Good day at work English?” AJ asked

“Not too bad, how’s yours going?”

“Well we’ve just heard some breaking news during sound check.” Brian joked.

“Oh yeah, what’s that then?”

Nick pushed Brian aside. “Ignore them.” He snapped.

Howie burst out laughing. “It appears that our Nicky has just broken a few hearts by finally confessing to the world he’s in looooooove!”

Nick shook his head feeling extremely embarrassed.
“I did not say I was in love.”

Kim looked over to Nick feeling a little hurt by his quickness to deny Howies comment.

“I didn’t say I loved you honest, I would say that.”

The more Nick tried to not make a big deal out of what he said, the bigger the hole he dug for himself and the more he sounded to Kim like he was embarrassed by their relationship.
Although she had fully heard what he had said inside the way he was now back tracking and trying to deny his feelings to her in front of his friends made her feel extremely foolish. Her eyes soon began to sting and she quickly jumped up from her box, pushing through the group to get away before her tears began to fall.

The boys stood there and watched as she ran towards the bus, Nick let out a very heavy sigh feeling like shit knowing that his words had caused her to feel bad, but he never meant for them to sound like they did and the more he tried to make things better the worse he sounded.

“You dick!” He turned to Howie trying to blame someone for his mistake.

“What did I do?” Howie looked around the group for back up.

“Nick chill out man, it’s not Howies fault.” Brian’s calming tones had no effect on Nick as he became even more pissed off with himself.

“Grrrr!” Nick pulled his hands threw his hair.

“Seriously Nick what did I do, I only said you love her, everyone can plainly see that you do so what’s the big deal?”

Nick spun around and glared at Howie.
“The big fuckin deal Howie, is that I’ve not even told her that yet.” He took a pause and dropped his eyes to the floor in shame.
“Now she’s gunna think I’m a dick, because I panicked and made it sound like I really don’t. I gotta go fix this.”

The group fell silent as they watched Nick storm off after Kim.

“Kim its Nick.” He called out as he knocked the door to her bus, but there was no answer.

“Kim I need to talk to you.” Knocking a little louder.

“Kim please open the door.” Still there was no response but he was fast losing patients.

“KIM I KNOW YOUR IN THERE I FRICKIN SAW YOU GO IN NOW OPEN THE DOOR!” He shouted through the open window.

“FINE!” He huffed. “BUT I’M NOT MOVING TILL YOU OPEN UP SO IF THE SHOW’S DELAYED THAT’S YOUR FAULT!”

There was a little rustle behind the door then it opened to reveal a red eyed Kim standing behind it.

Nick quickly made his way up the few steps and threw his arms around her.

“I’m sorry.” He practically pleaded.
“I honestly didn’t mean for my words to sound like they did, but I seemed to have misplaced the ladders I needed to get out of that big hole I was digging for myself.”

Another tear fell from Kim’s face as she looked up to Nick.

“It’s Ok.” Her breathing stammered.
“I’m not expecting you to shouting from the roof tops that you love me or anythin, but just now in front of your friends that made me feel a little worthless to you.”

Nick kissed the top of her head.
“Baby that couldn’t be further from how I feel about you, I’d never want you to feel worthless to me or anybody else in the world because you’re not.”

They both held onto each other tightly and in silence as Kim pulled herself together.
Again Nick wanted nothing more than to tell her how much he actually loved her, but he knew if he did it now she would think he was only saying to try and make her feel better.

Nick pulled away and stroked her cheek with his thumb.
“I have a little surprise for you after the show, so as soon as you finish there will be a car waiting for you outside OK?”

Kim looked up at him puzzled.

“Don’t ask me any questions cause you won’t be getting any answers, just get in the car.”

Kim nodded and smiled.

“You want me to stay with you a while?”

Kim shook her head.
“It’s ok I’m fine n I gotta get back to work else I’ll be sacked and won’t be able to come on the rest of the tour.”

Nick chuckled “Ok I don’t wanna get you sacked. I’ll see you tonight then?”

“Yeah I’ll be as quick as I can.”

Nick leant in and softly kissed her lips dying inside that he couldn’t say those three little words to her.


That night the show was amazing there were no major technical hic ups, however Brian did get a little over excited and forgot the words to All I have to give. Kim sat by the stage for the show ready to jump straight to work so she could get away quickly.
As soon as the boys finished her and Ash instantly began dismantling the staircase they used in the show it took quite a few of them to do it but they worked well together so it was done in no time. As Kim began wheeling the heavy trunks out to the buses Ash signalled to her that she could go straight after.
It had played on her mind all night what Nick had in store for her, she knew she wouldn’t be going to far as the last show was tomorrow but she decided to pack a little overnight bag with some essentials just in case.

Once outside she spotted the black car waiting for her at the end of the car park, she ran over and threw her bag in the back as she climbed in after it.

“Good evening Miss.” The elderly driver kindly said as she closed the door.

“Hello.” Kim smiled back.

“Good show tonight?” The man questioned trying to make small talk with Kim.

“Yep it was another good one.” Kim answered as she pulled her phone out her pocket to text Nick and let him know she was on her way.
“So where am I going?” she asked the driver.

The man laughed.
“I was warned you would be insistent on knowing where you were going but I’ve been told to tell you that.” He hesitated for a second.
“I can’t tell you.” He began to laugh.

Kim’s face scrunched up not impressed by the man’s answer.

“I will say this though; the young man’s gone to an awful lot of trouble for you this evening.” He glanced at Kim through his rear view mirror.

Kim smiled to herself and lent back in the seat watching the world go by through the window.

A short ride later the car pulled up outside a very old looking building with huge flags sticking out of the wall and huge golden double doors sat in the middle of the building.
A young man in a long coat opened the car door and assisted Kim out of the car.
She took a look around but it was too dark to see most of her surroundings, she was then lead up a few steps lined in red carpet and through the doors where she was then greeted by a pretty blonde lady who handed her a room key with the number 440 on it.

“The elevator to your right Miss, top floor.” The woman quietly spoke.

A little in shock Kim did as she was told, when the doors opened on the top floor Kim was expecting to see a long corridor like in most hotels but instead she was greeted by a set of huge double doors across the way from the elevator.
She stepped out thinking there must be some mistake but she checked the numbers and they matched. She hesitated for a few minutes as she stood outside the enormous white and gold doors in front of her, then breathed deeply as she popped the key card inside the handle and waited for the click.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading. Please review.