- Text Size +
Chapter 33

Kim sat up at the table slowly sipping her coffee, feeling a little more optimistic about what lay ahead.

‘It’s amazing what a wash and a little Lancôme can do for you.’ She joked to Rochelle.

‘I know right!’ Rochelle flashed her enormous sexy smile from across the table.

‘In case I’ve not said it enough already, I can’t thank you and AJ enough for this. I know your loyalties should lie with Nick so it means a lot for you both to offer your time to me so kindly.’
Kim quickly lowered her eyes towards the rim of her cup.

Rochelle stretched her hand out and placed it on Kim’s.

‘Look Kim, me and AJ are so fond of you, you have a beautiful inside and out and I’m so sorry you have to go through all this shit.
If I’m 100% honest then yeah I think you and Nicky should be together, you were good together and I hate that you’re not, but Lauren is a nice girl and none of this is here fault, so I’m not going to meddle with her and Nicky’s relationship. That’s a choice and decision he has to find and make on his own OK, but I don’t want that to affect our friendship.’

Kim smiled, even though her heart was falling out, just as she did there was a rattle at the door and AJ appeared looking slightly anxious, as he pulled himself up onto the bus.
Kim spotted a shadow behind him, continuing to look through AJ, Ash soon came into view.
Kim took a deep breath and felt her face flush with embarrassment.

‘Lookin good English’ AJ tried to enlighten the tense atmosphere, causing an echo of fake laughs to ring through the bus.

‘So Rochelle, shall we go grab something to eat and let these pair talk?’ AJ continued.

‘Yeah sure, I’ll just grab my jacket and purse.’ Rochelle instantly replied as she slid out from the table.

As the two made a swift exit Ash manoeuvred his way around the table to fill Rochelle’s spot.
There was an humiliating silence as they both sat there trying to think of the most appropriate way to start their conversation.

‘You’re a dickhead.’ Ash finally muttered.

Kim looked up slightly in shock from the abrupt outburst, as she did she caught a slight glint in Ash’s eye.
Seeing her worried face Ash coyly smiled to let her know everything was ok and Kim instantly returned the gesture.

‘I’m sorry Ash.’ Kim felt her eyes sting a little.

‘Don’t worry about it OK, it was a shitty time and we both were way harsher than we needed to be.’ Ash paused.
‘Look I don’t see why if you willing to work WITH me and LET me help you we can’t just move on from this and get an awesome job done whilst having an awesome time. What d’ya say?’

‘Sounds bloody good to me.’ Kim beamed.

‘So we cool then?’

‘Yeah we cool, I promise not to be a pain in the arse anymore and from now on it’s all about the job!’ Kim smirked.

‘Well not ALL about the job, we gotta fit some fun in there too, but on a more serious note what are you gunna do about this whole Nick thing? I know it’s hurting you and you don’t need to be ashamed of that, it’s a pretty shitty situation.’ Ash messed uncomfortably with his hair.

‘I dunno Ash.’ Kim shrugged.
‘but your right, I’m not gunna pretend it doesn’t hurt I don’t know where it went wrong or that he found someone new but there’s nothing I can do about it, he has clearly made his choice and I’m not a part of that anymore, so I just gotta keep goin n doin my thing till it doesn’t matter anymore.’

‘Well’ Ash let out a heavy sigh.

‘Well what?’ Kim looked on intrigued.

‘You could fight for him and get him back?’ Ash narrowed his brows and he waited for a response.

‘Again WHAT?’

‘If you want him then play the game and get him back, you have a guy on your side which I believe could give you an angle you know, I could read the situations like a guy and give you a kind of advantage.’

‘Ok at the risk of turning into a parrot WHAT?’ Kim was struggling to comprehend what Ash was playing at.

‘Look I know this may seem a little unorthodox coming from me and yeah I’m not Nick Carters biggest fan, but I am yours and well not having Nick has not worked out for ya has it, so try something different and give in to what you want and fucking get it!’
Ash took a breath as Kim tried to make sense of Ash’s ludicrous idea.
‘Look I know I’m never having you, but I want you happy and if that jerk off makes you happy then let me help you get him back, that is if you want him back – although I dunno why anyone in their right mind would.’

Kim shot him an even more confused look.

‘Look I dunno ok, maybe I’m just rambling and going way of course but I just wanted you to know if you wanted to go that way then it could be an option and I’m here to help you ok with or without Mr Carter, it’s your call so think about it ok.’

The vibration of Ash’s phone interrupted his stride,
‘Sorry Kim, its HQ I really gotta take this, be right back ok?’

‘Yeah, yeah, sure, go for it.’ Kim smiled.

As Ash made a quick exit from the table Kim began to ponder he idea.

Could that seriously work? She thought to herself. Do I actually want him back after the way he has treated me? Kim began biting her nails, a thinking past time of hers.
As she thought even harder a sinister smirk spread across her lips. Her thoughts became more vivid, that’s it.’
She almost shouted out ‘REVENGE! I make him want me back then break his heart right back’ Kim sat back smiling all short of an evil laugh.

Kim snapped back to reality as she heard Ash saying bye on his cell.

‘Everything Ok?’ she smiled as he slipped back into his seat.

‘Yeah fine, just a general check in n what not.’ Ash chewed on his bottom lip. ‘So where were we?’

Kim laughed. ‘You were just cooking up some hair brained idea to get Nick back.’

‘Oh yeah, so how’s that working out for ya?’
Kim shyly shrugged.
‘I dunno Ash it’s a pretty out there plan, and I dunno if I even want him back.’

‘Well just remember it’s an option if you want it, but maybe just concentrating on you for a while wouldn’t be such a bad thing.’

‘Mmmmmm, maybe, I dunno. Maybe a little project like that could be fun though and pass some time.’ Kim waited, hoping Ash would get on the same page as her.

It’s not really a project Kim what are you getting at?’

‘Err nothing, I dunno, it doesn’t matter.’ Kim quickly answered.

Ash eyed her knowing full well she was concocting something.

‘No, I think you were right about the time to me, for now anyway.’

‘Kim’ Ash knew there was more going on in her head.

‘What?’

‘You’re thinking something and I wanna know what it is.’ Ash pressed.

‘It’s nothing honestly.’

‘Yes it is, I know you all too well, now what are you plotting?’ Ash continued to fight against Kim’s facade.

‘Alright, I just had a little thought that maybe your plan to get him back wasn’t completely fall through, maybe it could be tweaked a little to accommodate a little revenge?’

Ash instantly shook his head. ‘No Kim, don’t even think about that route, it’s too risky, for us both. either want him and go for it or don’t and leave him well alone.’

‘But’ Kim tried to protest.

‘NO!’ Ash’s tone was force enough to let Kim no it was a no go with him.

‘OK, it was just an idea, forget it!’ Kim fake smiled, although the idea never truly left her head, if she was going to do this she would be going it alone, or maybe she would unknowingly to Ash call on his advances for just a little help!

‘Ok, that sounds like a plan to me, so shall we face the world and get some work done?’ Ash almost squealed, thankful he had dodged that bullet.

‘Yeah let’s do this’ Kim sprung to life ready to face the world again and sus out her first move!
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading, Please leave a comment. :)