- Text Size +
Chapter 4


Kim lay on her bunk listening to sounds of snoring and grunting around her, she was glad she’d be working so hard and be so tired by the end of her day else she’d never get any sleep.
Everyone had been able to take the day off yesterday, the boy’s manager had cancelled the rehearsal to give them a break and mentaly prepare for the up coming tour, but it was back to work today. It was the first show this evening so there would be lots of last minute checks and fixing to do, the boys were also holding a sound check and meet and greet before the show, Kim was excited to see how these things worked, she was told they were chaos so it should be entertaining to watch.
Kim rolled out of her bunk, there was no way she was getting back to sleep so she might as well get up and get some fresh air, the sleeping area became very musky when everyone was in there. She grabbed her towel and wash bag and headed for the shower.

Standing in the shower Kim let the cool water rain down on her skin, she thought about how much she’d enjoyed her day off yesterday. She’d spent it with the rest of the crew, they played golf which was hilarious Kim was so bad at it but at least she wasn’t the worst, then they all went out for dinner and drinks together and finished off the evening with poker and beers.
Kim was grateful for that day it had allowed her to get to know everybody and made her feel like ‘one of the lads’ as she was referred to a few times, but she had this strange feeling sitting in the pit of her stomach throughout the day. Although she didn’t want to admit it to herself she knew that she was actually sad she’d not got to see the boys that day, she'd really enjoyed their antics and how much they'd brightened up her jobs.
As the water cascaded over Kim’s head she became more troubled by these feelings, how on earth could she miss people she didn’t even know? AJ had been super sweet on that 1st day and she was so obviously physically attracted to Nick, but she had to get a hold of these feelings and fast. She couldn’t allow herself to get swept up and caught in the Backstreet Boys phenomenon, her job would be on the line as well as Ash’s reputation, she needed to remain professional and keep a good distance from the boys and everything would be fine. After all it was only for a few months and she’d never get to see them again. What’s the worst that could happen? She grinned to herself.

Ash and a few of the others were sitting watching the TV as Kim came out of the shower room. She was glad she’d took her clothes with her and decided to get dressed before she came out now, even though you couldn’t swing a cat in there embarrassment had been avoided. “Morning sunshine” Ash beamed at her “I’ve just made coffee you want one?”


“Yeah thanks” she answered as she began brushing the tangles out of her hair.
Kim tied her hair back, it was still wet but she couldn’t be bothered to dry it. She grabbed her makeup bag and squeezed in beside Ash and the table. As she began lightly applying her makeup she listened in to the guy’s conversation about who was the best golfer and what needed to be done to day.


Ash lent into her and quietly said “I don’t know why you put that stuff on, you don’t need it.”

She felt her cheeks begin to warm and let out a half smile as she whispered back “It’s just to make me feel better.”

Ash looked at her strangely and shrugged “What do you mean?” he quizzed


“Well just because I’m in a male environment doesn’t mean I have to look like one” She raised her eyebrows allowing her big brown eyes to open up even more.



Ash shook his head a little “Women!” he whispered to himself.


They all continued to sit around and chat about the fun of yesterday,


Ash soon interrupted “Ok guy’s and girls” he turned to Kim and smiled. “Time unfortunately is ticking away, so let’s meet outside the main arena at 10.30am for a team talk and you can all get your itineraries for the next week.”

Everyone let out a playful groan “Jeez you’re a slave driver boss” one of the men joked


“Yeah yeah I’ve not even begun yet” Ash jested to the group. He turned to Kim “Wanna get some breakfast before we start? You can help me sort some papers out too if you don’t mind.”
“So I’m your secretary as well am I?” Kim asked
“Well you do wanna still like a girl.” Ash teased as he pretended to flick his hair.

“OI YOU!” Kim screeched as she began the chase for Ash.

--------------At the Boys Hotel-------------------

Nick lay on his bed staring at the ceiling; he’d been awake for hours, in fact he’d not been able to get much sleep at all, he just couldn’t get the girl up the ladders out of his head.

This is insane he thought to himself, why am I so intrigued by one woman? I only seen her for about an hour the other day, I don’t even know her.
His thoughts were interrupted by Howie who had entered his room.
“Hey dude, what’s up?” Howie asked as he spotted his friend slumped on his bed.


“Ah it’s nothing, just getting my head ready for this evening.” Nick responded trying to sound his usual self.

“Yeah, I know what you mean this tour is gunna be awesome.”
Howie played along with Nicks answer but he knew something was troubling him, he was normally as hyper a hell at the beginning of a tour and he was so quite yesterday during their interviews.


“So what time is it now? Are we heading to the venue yet?”
Nick tried not to sound to over egger as he sat up on the bed.

Howie eyed his friend, something was defiantly up but he decided not to push Nick, he’d tell when he was ready, he always did.
“It’s a little after 9am, we’re not going till 1pm”


“1pm!” Nick piped up

“Yeah 1pm” Howie said a little bemused by Nick’s response.

Nick threw himself back down on the bed. He just wanted to get there and get started so his mind wouldn’t be so consumed by his crazy thoughts.


“Are you sure you’re ok man” Howie took a step closer to the bed.


Nick let out a huge sigh “Yeah I’m cool bro, just excited to get out there you know, I hate the waiting around.”

“Look a few of us are going for a swim, chill out a bit before the storm starts, you in? Howie asked.

Nick looked up “Yeah why not, I’ll grab my stuff and be down in a minute.”


As Howie left Nick got up and walked over to the mirror, he took a good, long look at himself. His noticed his hair was growing back nicely, just needed a few highlights put back in, he rubbed his eyes then rested his hands on the counter underneath the mirror.
He breathed deeply trying to compose himself.
Jeez I gotta shake this it’s crazy, I’ll be fine once we get to the venue and start getting ready for the show I won’t have time to think.
He stared hard at the man in the mirror as images of Kim began to make their way back into his mind, then slammed his fists down onto the counter.
Get a fucking grip Nick he growled to himself.
If you think you like her then go talk to the girl get to know her. Yeah she’s cute but she probably got the personality of a dead fish. But she can’t actually be that bad, AJ seemed to like her and he’s usually a pretty good judge of character.
He breathed deeply and turned to grab his stuff then headed out of his room to meet up with his friends.


As he got to the elevator he bumped into Jenn.

“Hey you, you coming for a swim?” Jenn smiled at Nick.

“Yeah just heading that way now” He responded quietly.


“Everything OK?” Jenn question him “You look a little, well, somewhere else.”


“Erm, yeah I’m Cool. Err I was just thinking, is going to the venue at 1pm a good idea?” He looked at Jenn to see her glaring at him.


Although she was one of the best managers Nick had, had, he knew she didn’t really take well to her plans being questioned.


He quickly added “It’s just that, well because we not gotta rush around it would be cool to be able to settle into the bus, you know chill out a bit in my new surroundings.”


Nick stuck a fake smile on the end of his statement hoping Jenn wouldn’t go off at him. She stood there for a few minutes as they entered the lift to his surprise she finally said.

“I guess leaving a little earlier could be an option, might be nice to have some extra free time instead of having to rush around.”

She pondered the idea for a few more minutes then turned to Nick and said.
“Yeah I think that’ll be a good idea Nick” she nodded her head a few times then repeated “Yeah I think we’ll do that.”

“So what you think then we get going about 11ish?” Nick continued to press the matter trying to secure his need to get to the venue.

“Yeah we’ll say ready to leave at 11 then but no rush if it’s a bit later” Jenn replied.


Nick sighed I guess that’ll have to do, it’s better than nothing. He said to himself as he followed Jenn to the pool.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review Thank you :)