- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
*********Please Review*********
Chapter 6

It was nearly a week into the tour, it was going amazingly. Each show the boys did just got better and better and there hadn’t been any major problems with the equipment up until now, so it had been a pretty easy run.
Kim’s relationship with the boys was growing stronger by the day, each time they saw her they would go out of their way to speak to her and have a laugh and a joke. Although she would never admit it as she’d sound like a crazy woman, she would sometimes take a longer route or try and time her break so she could bump into them.
She never really got to see Howie and Brian as much, they spent most of their spare time in contact with their families back home, but Nick and AJ would sometimes come sit with her whilst she took a cigarette break or try and get her to join in with their games. Their work schedules conflicted a lot of the time so she couldn’t stop for long, sometimes fans would appear from nowhere and the boy’s would have to go into hiding leaving Kim to fend for herself. She didn’t mind though she quite enjoyed getting to meet so many different people with different stories they needed to share about the boys, the majority of the people she came across were really pleasant and she would end up with her arms full of gifts they wanted her to pass on. One or two of the fans were quiet rude to her and would throw a few insults but she just shrugged it off she felt kinda sorry for them she’d never seen jealousy as a nice feature.
A week on the job had felt like a life time thanks to how well she got on with everyone, she was having so much fun; she never wanted it to end. It would be the last show in France that night and they would be going to Germany next but they had a few days off in between to rest and allow for travel. Kim wanted the next 2 days to go fast, she wasn’t looking forward to not getting to see Nick and AJ, she liked them a lot and loved how they would never make her job feel boring she was always excited to see what each day would bring with them, although she could never admit it to anyone for the drama it would cause Kim knew her feelings for Nick were developing into a crush, but he was so cute and funny and he always made her feel like a woman, which she needed in these surroundings.

Ash watched as Kim was enjoying yet more attention from AJ and Nick. Their manager and another woman and a few security guys were also standing with them all laughing and joking. Kim was spending less and less time with Ash, he kinda hated how well she’d just been able to fit in with that group of people. He’d been doing tours for years and sometimes never even got to say hello to the stars of the show. He quickly shook it off as he saw Kim heading towards him.

“Hey” she said with a huge smile attached to her face.

Although he longed for more attention from Kim he was grateful to the guys for how happy they made her look, she always glowed after being with them.

“Hey you” Ash smiled
“Erm, I’ve just been chatting with the guys and a few of us have decided to fly over to Germany after we’ve finished tonight and stay in a hotel for the next few days. I hope you don’t mind but I put you on the list, I thought you’d prefer a huge warm bed and proper running water instead of the two days cramped on the bus travelling.” He continued.


Kim squealed and threw her arms around Ash,
“OMG your amazing!” she screeched.
Ash’s face lit up in the knowledge that he’d pleased her. That was until he looked up to see Nick jogging towards them.

“Your boyfriend’s coming.” he pretended to tease but harshness in his tone cut through.

“Huh?” Kim spun round to see Nick closing in on her.

She noticed he was messing with something in his hands.
“Hey” he panted, as he reached her “You left this over there.” Handing her, her phone

“Awwwww thanks” she swooned, “I’d lose my head if it weren’t screwed on” she jested.

“No problems,” he flashed those pearly whites again before turning to Ash,

“Oh hey man, we’ve not really had chance to meet, Ash isn’t it?”

Ash eyed the tall man standing in front of him “Yeah, hey” he muttered back

“So,” Nick took a short pause as he tried to think of something to say to Ash,
“you’re doing a great job, the show and the flow of everything is just, great.” Nick awkwardly continued.

“Yeah we do our best” Ash bluntly answered back


“Kim we gotta get stuff sorted you coming” he turned to his friend trying his best to get away from the conversation.

Nick piped up “Yeah I gotta split to, busy, busy!” he looked to Kim and winked
“I’ll see ya around then!” and sprinted off to catch up with his band mates.


Ash never took his eyes of Nick until Kim interrupted him,


“So we gunna get moving then?” she punched Ash in the arm and ran off checking back to make sure he was going to chase after her.



Kim and Ash were staying by the stage for this show so they could get packing stuff away quickly. They needed to be at the airport by 2am so it was important they worked quickly setting down.
Kim hopped up onto a trunk left at the side of the stage,
the view is good considering it was free I’ve never been paid to watch a show before! She laughed to herself.
There was only 10 minutes left till the boys took to the stage, the whole arena was packed out.
Ash came out from behind a curtain separating backstage from the front; he threw Kim a bottle of water and hopped up beside her.
They chatted for a while making sure each knew what they had to do as soon as the last song finished.
Then the lights went down and the crowd went wild, Kim and Ash chuckled to each other and pretended to scream as the boys burst onto stage.
The show was brilliant and the atmosphere was electrifying, even Ash got in the groove and sang along to the bits of songs he knew.
Nick was on fire, the girls were going crazy for him, but he kept moving over to the side of the stage Kim was on and gave her the occasional wink.
She felt very privilege even if there were thousands of girls giving her death stares, she didn’t care at all.

At one point in the show when AJ was speaking to the audience Nick walked over to the edge of the stage, he noticed his towel had fell off and signalled to Kim to pass it up.
Without any hesitation she jumped of the trunk and grabbed the towel, as she passed it up her hands connected with his but neither of them moved from the touch.
Kim’s heart was racing; her whole body became tingly as she looked up into his baby blue eyes. They were so beautiful they sparkled she actually felt her heart skip a beat.

Nick let his finger slide off Kim’s hand as if to give a gentle stroke and mouthed the words “Thank you” as he jumped up.
He wiped his face and threw the towel into the crowd causing a hoard of girls to rush into each other and scream.
Kim turned and headed back to the trunk, she felt like her heart was beating so fast it felt like it was about to break out of her chest. She jumped back up she tried to compose herself as if it was no big deal.
Ash stared at her, because he was so close he’d seen what had just happened. He leant into Kim and whispered

“Please be careful.”

Kim pretended not to hear what he had just said she didn’t want to get into another row about how untrustworthy Ash thought they were and how it was all an act and they were only after one thing.
The show finally drew to a close and Kim and Ash darted off the trunk began working to dismantle attached cables. It didn’t take long at all to get set down, packed away and make sure the buses set off ok.

As soon as the last bus left Kim, Ash and 4 others jumped into a taxi and headed straight to the airport. Kim climbed into the back of the 7 seated cab trying to claim some space for herself but a quiet guy called Andy followed her to the back seat. He kind of made her feel uneasy when he was around he never said much but Kim always felt like he didn’t like her as his dark eyes would always stare straight through her. She uneasily smiled at him then tried to blot him out by listening to the guys chatting away about their plans for the next few days.
Kim’s phone made her jump as it buzzed, she pulled it out of her pocket, there was a message an unknown number,


Thanks for the towel earlier, sorry i didn’t get to see you after but we had to shoot straight off. Nick x

Kim’s eyes grew wide as she read the message over and over, this had gotta be a joke. She scanned the cab to see if it was one of the guys messing with her. She couldn’t see anyone with a phone so she text back,


Anytime! :P No worries I’m sure I’ll see you in Germany LOL BTW how did you get my number?


There was a short pause. Kim tried to get her head around what was happening, her phoned beeped again, causing Ash to take notice.

“Everything alright?” he asked.
“Yeah fine, just a friend checking in” she smiled back at him. She opened up the new message


Oh sorry, I swapped numbers when I found your phone earlier, hope its ok? X


This has gotta be a joke but she instantly replied playing along.

Yeah that’s cool, don’t worry :D Show was great tonight.


Beep, Beep, her phoned sounded.


Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I gotta go now but looking forward to seeing you again in a few days, have a safe journey over. X


Her heart was pounding as the excitement of what was happening built inside her.


Yeah and you, see you soon, don’t have too much fun without me lol x


Kim sat in awe of the exchanged messages, Wow I can’t believe this, it’s just crazy. She contemplated the events of the past week it’s like a dream she told herself, shit like this just doesn’t happen in real life!
Her thoughts continued as they arrived at the airport. It was a haze as they dashed through it trying to make it to the plane as the last boarding call was made.

“Phew” Ash sighed as he threw himself into his seat. “That was close!”
He looked over to Kim who was still in a daze, “you ok? You’re very quiet!”

“Yeah, fine just a little tired.” she lied. She’d never felt so awake.

“Is everything OK at home? You can tell me if something’s up you know.” Ash persisted.

“At home?” Kim looked at him a little puzzled then remembered what she’d told him in the taxi.
“Nah all is well, I’ll be fine after a good sleep.” she smiled.

Ash let it go he obviously wasn’t going to get it out of her.
“Alright then, we’ll reach the hotel in a few hours, then you can rest up for 2 whole days!” he laughed.
Kim smiled back at him and adjusted herself into her seat; she continued to spend the remainder of her journey lost deep into her thoughts and feelings.

Is something going on here or is all this in my head?
Maybe it’s just a fake feeling; Justin did say being the only girl in my job gets noticed so it’s probably just some kinda fascination to keep him occupied on the road.
I really can’t get swept away by something that’s not real and I mean come on whenever does a famous person fall in love with a roadie, what are we gunna do run off into the sunset and live happily ever after? Oh come on Kim it is what it is a growing friendship just heightened by the surroundings get a grip!

As Kim walked through her hotel room door she threw herself face down onto the huge double bed waiting for her, she rolled onto her back and promised herself that she would just pack these thoughts of crushes and anything other than a friendship to the back of her mind and enjoy the next two days as much as she could. Who knows what would be just around the corner.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading Please review.