- Text Size +
Chapter 8

It was just after 3pm and Kim made her way down to the lobby, filled deep with anticipation about what this would be like. She walked out of the elevator true to his word Nick was there waiting for her.
She smiled as soon as she saw him, he was wearing dark jeans and the bottoms of the legs were half in and half out of the black undone boots he was wearing. Moving her eyes up his body she saw he was wearing a black Jacket which was open showing a white V neck T- shirt on with a grey round neck one underneath and a thin grey scarf hung round his neck. She felt a little under dressed in her black leggings, UGG boots, white vest and long cardigan. Although she had made an effort she felt he was completely out her league.
His hair was longer now than when they first meet and he’d had a few highlights put in which made the colour of his eyes stand out even more. He looked so handsome, cast under his spell Kim forgot to move, she just wanted to stare at him for as long as she possibly could.
Nick soon noticed her and got out of his seat to great her with a sexy smile.

“Hey.”
she said as he reached her.
“Hey to you too.”
his smile still firmly in place
“I wasn’t sure if you were gunna show, you look really nice by the way.”
he added.

Kim let out a small laugh her stomach was doing flips inside her,

“Of course I’d show, how could I let you miss out on hangin with this.” she cheekily winked at him.
He let out a loud laugh “OH I get it, like that is it” he teased and gave her a gentle push. “Come on girlie, let’s get goin.”
“Girlie!” Kim gave him a death stare.
“I’m only messing with ya, come on I wanna show ya this place, it’s so cool.”

The two of them headed out of the hotel and walked for about 15 minutes due to Nick stopping every so often to point things out to Kim and tell her stories about them. Kim loved hearing him speak so passionately about the things he showed her and his past experiences.
Nick then pulled her down a small walkway as they got to the end they were in a courtyard full of little boutique shops.

“Wow!” Kim gasped.
“I know its cool right” Nick triumphantly declared,
“Not many people know about this place so it’s always been pretty quiet whenever I’ve came.”
“It’s beautiful!” Kim wispered as she admired the pretty architecture.


The buildings were like little stone cottages, a golden glow shone out of the wooden windows from the lights inside the shops.
“Watch the floor though, it’s a bit uneven.”
Nick advised as he began to lead Kim across the cobbles.
“There’s a few more shops through there.”
he pointed to an archway.


Kim could see that it lead to a tiny street with the same design of buildings. Nick grabbed a hold of her hand causing her to jump a little and took her into the first shop having to duck his head to clear the doorway.
It was a cute little shop full of hats and accessories, Kim scanned around instantly noticing some of the more outlandish designs.

“I always stock up when I come here”
Nick explained and let her hand go as he made his way round the shop picking out an array of hats and scarf’s.

Kim stopped in front of a selection of knitted berets. She picked a black one up and examined the fine grey stitching on it.

“Try it on.” Nick whispered into her ear.
“Oh I don’t know.” Kim hesitated.

Nick took the hat off her and gently placed it on her head slightly tilting it to the side.


“Perfect!” he nodded and turned to a small elderly lady behind the till,
“We’ll take this one too” he shouted over.

Kim tried to protest but he put his finger up to her lips to stop her.

“I want to.” he softly spoke, looking deep into her eyes.

Kim was becoming increasingly confused by what was happening, as Nick went to pay for his new items she began to try and make some sense of what was going on.
She had so many thoughts and feelings rushing around inside her it made her feel slightly sick, she had only known Nick for a week now and still not fully understood or knew everything about him, but to her it felt like he’d never not been a part of her life.
Every touch, smile, glance, gesture and word they shared became increasingly meaningful to Kim, heightening every sense in her body.

This is absolutely crazy she said to herself.
You need to get a grip on reality.
Knowing full well she was quickly becoming lost in this guy’s world.
But was it something she actually wanted to resist?

They continued to slowly walk around examining the contents of the shop windows and swapping stories as they were reminded of times in their youth from the items.
They stopped in a quaint little coffee shop but Kim insisted she was buying as a thank you for the hat.
They continued to talk with ease and Kim was fascinated by Nick’s stories of his travels around the world although she felt a little silly when she shared hers. They were nowhere near as exciting to her, but Nick loved them and quizzed her endlessly about her life and family, hopes and dreams.

It had begun to get dark now and the golden glow from the shops lit up the cobble stones of the street creating a wet look to the floor.
They walked through the archway and visited a few more shops; Kim couldn’t take her eyes of Nick as he bent down to see through the windows of the shops better, the soft glows of light danced around his face making him look almost angelic.
They turned the corner of the street and heard music playing, there was a small wooden raised area set up in the middle of the street.
It was decorated with a few tiny fake green trees and fairy lights that twinkled like tiny stars in the evening sky were entwined around the barriers.
A few smartly dressed men were sitting beside it playing local instruments.
Kim smiled as she saw four elderly couples, dancing like young lovers, embracing their partners as if taking a trip down memory lane.
“Wow” Kim softly rustled.
“It’s just like something out of a Disney movie” she sighed.

A cheeky grim formed over Nicks face.
“Would the princess like to go to the ball?”
he asked taking a step in front of her and offering out his hand.

Kim blushed and showed a shy smile as she accepted his offer by placing her hand in his. Nick escorted her over to the stage and led her into a space, he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling in her close. Still holding onto her hand he rested them on his chest, she allowed her head to follow and listened to his heart beat through his chest as they swayed in unison together to the subtle music.
Kim took a deep breath and closed her eyes wanting to make sure her mind savoured every thought, every feeling, every smell, touch and sound of that moment so she’d never forget.
Nick rested his head on top of hers feeling a little shaky from all the emotions suddenly swarming around his body, he began thinking to himself trying to understand what was happening to him, he knew he was falling for her but it was scaring the crap out of him, he’d never fell for someone so hard and so fast before and the last thing he wanted was to end up pushing her away by coming on to strong.
He inhaled deeply and caught the faint scent of the fruity shampoo she used. He lifted his head off hers.

This is becoming unbearable, I’m gunna friggin burst in a minute. He said to himself.

Feeling his head sharply lift up Kim raised hers to see if he was ok.
The two looked deep into each other’s eyes both feeling and wanting exactly the same thing, but scared the other didn’t feel that way and would get freaked out if they made their move.
Before Nick could think his head began ever so slowly to dip towards Kim’s.
Kim slowly parted her lips, never once removing her eyes from his. He moved closer and she closed her eyes feeling his warm breath on her as he hovered over her lips causing her to yearn for him even more. Their hands were still in place on Nick’s chest and their closeness allowed them to feel the increase in the others heart beat.
As their lips were about to connect Nicks phone began to buzz pulling them out of their trance.

Both parted and let out small sighs and uneasy smiles, Kim’s eyes fell to the floor and breathed out allowing heart rate to return to normal.
“Timing ay!”
Nick finally said, pulling his phone out of his pocket and trying to break the awkward silence.
Kim raised both eyebrows and showed a fake smile as she tried to make out it was no big deal.
Nick flicked through his phone and tutted,
“It was just Bri wondering where I was, there having a pizza and movie night and wanted to know if I was gunna be there.”
He looked to Kim trying to find some kind of inclination of what she was thinking but he got nothing as she was sporting her best poker face.
“So” he paused “You wanna join?”
Kim so badly wanted to stay with him but the awkwardness of what just happened over beard her.
“Err, I kinda thought I’d check in with Ash n the guys” she quickly responded
“You know what it’s like, gotta keep a good rapport going, don’t want em thinking I’ve deaf’d em off!” she tried to make light of the situation but felt bad as she watched Nick’s face drop.
“Sorry” she quickly added “I’ve really had the best time ever today and I so hope we get to do it again.”
Nick nodded “Yeah me to.”
Kim felt slightly more at ease as she saw a smile creep across his face.

“I guess we better get you back then” he said as he placed his hand on the small of her back to guide her off the platform.


They made their way back to the hotel admiring the scenery around them, the city looked so beautiful as shadows from the street lights danced across it. They didn’t speak as much as on the way there and the atmosphere felt a little edgy.
They made it through the walkway and Kim’s hand brushed with Nicks, he instantly caught a hold of her little finger and wrapped his own around it.
Kim’s heart skipped yet another beat and she looked up to him but he was focused, staring forward. She bit the inside of her mouth gently and secretly smiled, she wished this didn’t have to end why did she think it was a good idea to say she couldn’t have pizza and movies with him. Stupid, stupid, stupid she tortured herself.


They reached the hotel and like the perfect gentleman Nick walked Kim back to her door.

“So, this is me.” she smiled.
There was a small silence between the two as they both wondered if they should bring up what nearly happened in the town.
Kim was the first to break. “I really had an amazing time day, thank you so much for showing your secret place to me.”
Nick smiled down to her but still said nothing.
“So I guess this is goodnight then.”
Kim said trying desperately to stop the silence.

Nick’s face scrunched up to the side as if he was deep in thought.
“Have you any plans for tomorrow?” He finally spoke.
Kim shook her head,
“Nope, just chillin before the madness starts again I guess.”

“Well the guy’s are going to pick up their families tomorrow from the airport, so I don’t have any plans if you wanna hang again?” he hopefully asked.
Kim smiled broadly, “Yeah sounds good.”
Nick took a step closer to her “I really had a good time today too.” He whispered “So I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

He looked over Kim’s head to make a note of what room number she was in. She swallowed hard as he got a little closer.
“Yep see you tomorrow then.” She croaked.
Again their eyes collided and all the feelings from earlier came flooding back to the surface.
Nick bent down slightly and kissed her on the cheek, a loud sigh escaped from Kim but Nick didn’t move far from face as he took another look into her eyes. The scent from her perfume was intoxicating and he felt the world beginning to swirl around him as if he was being sucked into another dimension.
Both inhaled deeply as their body temperature began to rise and their stomach’s bounced around. Kim moved her head slightly and with that Nick gently placed his lips on hers.
Kissing her once, then twice on the third time Kim’s lips parted and Nick gently let his tongue slip inside her mouth.
Kim let out a small moan as she succumb to him, he pulled her tightly towards him leaving one arm wrapped around her waist as he let the other hand slide softly up her side and into her hair.
The kiss became more intense as they explored each other’s mouths with their tongues.
Kim wrapped her arms around his neck wishing to never have to let go of him or this moment.
As they parted Nick gave a last peck on her moist lips.
It would be so easy to open the door, take him inside and release all this tension inside me.
Kim thought to herself.
No I can’t! I need to express some self control here, and it’s only been a week.
Her thoughts continued to play on her mind; she took a deep breath and blew out. Nick let out a small chuckle as he watched her.
“I better let you go then. Your pizza will be getting cold” Kim softly spoke.

Still not taking his eyes off her Nick pulled her in close “but I don’t want to.” and gently kissed her again, cupping the side of her face.
Kim pulled away “I know I don’t want you to go either but” she paused. “But you have to it would” Nick interrupted her “I know and it’s cool. It’s all a bit crazy at the minute.”

Kim felt like she desperately needed to ask what they were doing and where this was going but she was a little scared of what response she might get and didn’t want to ruin such a perfect day so she kept quiet.
“OK so tomorrow then.” Nick said letting out a painful sigh, he looked at her for a response.

Kim smiled back and nodded “yep tomorrow.”

She didn’t want to keep talking as she knew her thoughts and questions would come out so she fumbled around in her bag looking for her key card whilst Nick still hovered over her.
As soon as she found it she looked up to him.

“Tomorrow then.” She repeated.
Nick lightly laughed getting the hint it was time to go.

“OK, sleep well Princess.”
He kissed the back of her hand trying to act chivalrous.
Kim blushed and watched as he headed off for the elevator blowing a kiss as the doors closed.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading please leave feedback.