- Text Size +

“Maybe I shouldn’t have picked that one then.” AJ said with a slight frown.

Nick came up from behind and gave his older friend a hearty pat on the shoulder, “Don’t worry dude, we’ll think of something! I mean, you’re working with Mr. Prankster here! We ain’t gonna let these fans down man.”

AJ rolled his eyes, “My god, I’m recreating a monster! Well, what can we do, oh great and knowledgeable one?”

Nick stood there and began to stroke his chin in thought, “Hmm… well, who said anything about him having to SIT still while we duct tape him to the wall? I mean, we know that man is a heavy sleeper.”

“Nick, that man hasn’t really been that much of a heavy sleeper since you decided to mess with his ass while he sleeps.”

“Well, I don’t see you coming up with anything.”

AJ remained silent, thinking over the facts and what Nick had just pointed out. “I’m not saying that it wouldn’t work, it’s just… well, you do have a point… I guess it could work? We’d just have to make sure he’s like, dead asleep. Freaking dead to the world asleep.”

Nick began to think over what AJ had pointed out as well, about Howie no longer being that much of a heavy sleeper and how they’d have to pull off this prank with Howie being in a deep sleep. He needed to think of a way to make sure that Howie would be in a deep sleep, and would remain that way while they did their prank. “Okay, we got something. So we’ll do it later on tonight, then post it in a few days after we edit and whatnot. But shit, how we gonna get the card key to his room?”

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll talk to Jen, work my little charm on her.” AJ boasted, knowing he had a slight affect on their female manager.

Nick gave a small nod, “Okay. So, introducing our video, I’ll go ahead and set the camera on a tripod. After that, we can take turns filming our…”

The door to Nick’s hotel room suddenly busted open, revealing Brian who just casually waltzed inside, reading something on his cell phone. “Do you think it’s possible to crack an egg with your butt cheeks?” he asked in all seriousness as he glanced up from his phone.

“HOLY SHIT!”

“WE‘RE NOT PLANNING TO DO ANYTHING TO YOU GUYS!”

Both AJ and Nick exclaimed in surprise at Brian’s sudden entry. It wasn’t until the shock wore off did AJ realize what Nick had said in surprise; he had almost blown their cover.

Brian gave his two youngest friends a look, “Um… what did you guys just say?”

AJ and Nick shot a look at each other, wondering how they’d recover from Nick’s statement. “Holy shit?” AJ repeated in a question.

“We’re not planning to do anything WITH you guys?” Nick repeated as well, hoping he had been able to recover from the fact that he was close to revealing their secret.

Brian continued to stare at them, “Oookkkkaaayyy…” he pointed at AJ, “I’m assuming you said ’holy shit’ because I scared you,” he pointed at Nick, “and I assume that you said you guys aren’t gonna do anything with us because you thought I was coming in here to ask ya’ll to do something.”

Again, AJ and Nick looked at each other. “Yeeeaaaahhhh…” they slowly drawled out in unison.

Brian shrugged, “Well, I came in here to tell you guys about this site I stumbled across. It’s kinda like that FML site you told us about AJ, but these are all texts instead, from people who either sent the text to their friends or the friends that received it. Anyway, I came across this one text, area code two five six, that said ’ Just saw a girl trying to crack an egg with her butt cheeks. I think I know what we’re doing Thursday night.’ Talk about random, right?”

It was AJ and Nick’s turn to stare at Brian, though in complete and utter shock. “Random that you’ve came across this site, random that you decided to share that specific text with us, out of all the texts on that site or the text being completely random?” AJ asked, trying to clarify.

Brian rolled his eyes, “The text being completely random.”

Nick nodded in agreement, “Yup, that’s pretty random Rok! What a random text, from that random site you found, and so random that you decided to share that specific text with us right now, so randomly! I can’t believe how random that act is though, I mean, cracking an egg with your ass cheeks? Sooo random. That’s randomly random.”

AJ groaned, “Okay, we get that it’s fucking random!”

“So, do you guys think that’s possible?” Brian tried to ask again. “To crack an egg with your butt cheek?”

“Don’t know, don’t care, why don’t you try it some time and let us know how that goes?” AJ quickly said as he ushered Brian towards the door.

“But, you just said you don’t know and don’t care.” Brian pointed out as he was urged out the door and was now standing outside of Nick’s hotel room.

“I don’t care to know what the hell can possibly be done with one’s ass, but if you do so happen to crack an egg with your ass cheeks, then feel free to let us know!” AJ blurted all in one breath before he closed the door in Brian’s face. He turned around and placed his back against the closed door, hoping Brian would wander off and enlighten other people with his… randomness.

“Do you think he’s on to us?” Nick asked.

AJ’s head fell a bit, leaving him to look up at Nick with one eyebrow cocked, “Are you fucking kidding me? Mr. We’re-Not-Planning-To-Do-Anything-To-You-Guys. What the hell was that about dude? And you guys say I’M the one that has trouble keeping secrets.”

Nick gave a sheepish grin, “He scared the shit outta me dude. I didn’t mean to scream that.”

“Whatever dude. Lets just go ahead and get everything set up.”

~*~*~*~

Nick placed the camera on the tripod, angling it so that it was facing straight on. While he was to set up the camera for the introduction to their video, AJ was trying to tire his best friend (and their unsuspecting victim) out. When everything was set to Nick’s liking, he pushed the record button and quickly ran in front of the camera.

He seen the red light, but waited a while so they could edit out the beginning part of him running in front of the camera. “Hey guys, it’s Nick again to introduce our first ever webisode of ‘We’ll do anything with our clothes on’, which you can find on our youtube channel, NickAJDareUs, as well as our official online fan club, which if you’re not already a member of the fan club, we urge you to become one because we’ll also be posting bloopers, outtakes and other crazy exclusive stuff that won’t be available on our youtube channel. So, for those of you who may have not caught the memo, our first ‘dare’ so to speak was to duct tape our good friend Howard to the wall. Well, we gotta admit, it was quite a challenge to think of how we’d be able to do this, but give AJ and I a mission, best believe we’ll set out to complete it. Speaking of the guy, if you’re wondering right now where AJ is, he’s actually trying to tire Howie out because we’re actually gonna strike when the man is asleep. But, I have a little trick up my sleeve to help our situation out a bit.”

Nick turned around so that his back was now facing the camera. He shoved his hand in his pocket and began to rummage around. When he finally found it, he turned himself back around and held a small bottle up to the camera, “Sleeping pills. Now, before you think I’m trying to drug up my friend or anything, I’ll have you know that it’s completely safe. I mean, it isn’t mine, but I was prescribed this before a couple years back and all it does is knock you out and help you to stay asleep, which is exactly what we want for Howard.” he fell silent when he heard AJ call for him. “Alright, that’s my cue to take over, AJ’s coming and will be talking to you guys for a bit. I’ll see you guys again in a little while.”

Nick quickly shoved the bottle back into his pocket as he jogged away from the camera and over towards AJ, who had walked back into the room. “How’d it go?” Nick asked.

AJ shrugged, “I suppose he’ll be out soon, he kicked me out, so that’s a good sign.”

Nick gave a small nod, “Okay, we’ll the camera’s still rolling, so you can go ahead and talk or whatever while I go pester the little pest.”

As Nick made his way to Howie’s room, AJ walked over towards the already set-up camera. “Heylo our lovely fans!” AJ said as he jumped in front of the camera. This is AJ taking over now, here to elaborate a little more about what’s going down. So, I just came back from trying to wear my poor friend out by being a total… dumbass, I guess you could say, until he finally kicked me out. That’s a good sign though because he normally becomes easily agitated and will kick people out of his room when he’s tired. Now, to make sure that he’ll go out faster and stay asleep, Nick’s in the room now, bothering poor Howard until he too will get kicked out and I’m pretty sure Howie will be out like a light after that. We’re gonna wait approximately… half an hour after Howie falls asleep before we do anything, just to make sure the man’s in a deep sleep. So um, we’ll see you guys again in a little bit. Don’t go anywhere, you definitely don’t wanna miss this.” he cracked a smile before he ran up to the camera and pressed the button to stop recording.

~*~*~*~

The camera shook around slightly, showing nothing but blackness and all that was heard was the heavy breathing of someone walking around. “Shh, be quiet man.” a whispering voice was picked up, but everything still remained black.

“You’re the one making all the fucking noise you doof!” a voice whispered harshly back. The camera shook around slightly, but still nothing was seen.

“I’m gonna have to bleep out a lot of your words when we edit this thing yanno.”

“Lets just hurry up and do this!”

All of a sudden, a light came on, revealing Nick’s face, which was extremely close. “Are you recording?” he asked.

“Do you see a red light Nick?”

Nick backed away and stared at the camera, “Um… yeah?”

“Do you remember seeing a glowing red light by me when the room was dark?”

“I think so?”

“Then I’ve been recording this whole time Nickolas.”

Nick stared blankly into the camera. “Oh. Okay, well, here we are, in Howard’s room, where we’re about to duct tape him to a wall. He’s out cold right now so we’re gonna go ahead and get him and tape him to the wall… somehow. And here, we’ve got our handy dandy…” Nick whipped out a roll of gray tape from behind his back, “duct tape.”

The camera was turned abruptly, revealing AJ’s face up close, “Kids, do not try this at home.” he said before he focused the camera back on Nick.

Nick gave a signal to be quiet as they both crept further into Howie’s room. “There he is.” he whispered as he pointed to Howie’s still form on the bed. As the camera crept closer, it zoomed in on the whites of Howie’s half lidded eyes and his mouth agape.

Carefully, Nick maneuvered himself so that he could lift Howie without rousing him from his sleep. He linked his arms through Howie’s open arms and rose him up from the bed. You could hear both Nick and AJ trying to suppress their laughter as Nick stood there with Howie’s sleeping form in his arms, sitting up and his head hanging down, drool flowing from his open mouth.

Nick cringed, “Eww, he’s drooling!” he whispered.

“Just lift him up and get him to the wall!” AJ whispered back.

Slowly, Nick lifted Howie’s limp body up from the bed and tried to walk him to the nearest wall. “A little help here… would be nice.” Nick grunted out as he struggled with Howie’s dead weight.

“And who would hold the camera genius?”

No longer able to support the weight, Nick let go, allowing Howie’s body to crumble hard to the ground. The camera shook around a bit and then was placed on an end table, still facing Nick and Howie. AJ all of a sudden came into view as he made his way over to inspect his fallen friend.

“Great going Nick!” AJ said as he looked Howie over, making sure he was not hurt.

“I couldn’t hold him up anymore man! That’s complete dead weight right there.”

It was only then did AJ realize that Howie hadn’t even roused from his sleep, even after hitting the ground. “Is he still breathing?”

Nick gave AJ a weird look, “Is he still breathing? Of course he is! Why would you think he’s not breathing?”

“Probably because he didn’t even wake up after you dropped him on his ass!”

Nick stared at Howie’s still sleeping form confused, but realization quickly etched over his features. “Oops.”

AJ closed his eyes, “What do you mean… ‘oops’?”

Nick grinned sheepishly, “I had given him Ambien CR to help him sleep and stay asleep.”

AJ’s eyes widened, “YOU DID WHAT?!?”

Nick placed his finger to his lips, “Shh! You’re gonna wake him.”

“You gave him fucking sleeping pills AND you dropped him on his ass, what makes you think that I’ll wake him up?!”

“Whatever dude, can you just help me lift him up?”

“No, you’re on your own! Who the hell told you to give him sleeping pills?”

Nick shrugged, “I figured you had a point that he’s not really that much of a heavy sleeper anymore.”

AJ groaned as he began to rub his temples, “That doesn’t mean go and drug our friend up just so we can do a dare.”

“I didn’t drug him up, sleeping pills are completely normal and safe.”

“Sleeping pills also affects everyone differently. I mean, obviously because you’ve managed to drop him on his ass and he’s STILL asleep! Who knows how long he’ll be out for.”

“Well, now that we know that he’s indefinitely out for the count, lets do this.”

AJ held his hands up as he walked out of sight, “Uh uh, you drugged his ass up, now you gotta figure out how you’re gonna lift his dead weight up.” The camera shook around and rose up from the end table, focusing directly on Nick who was kneeling down by Howie’s body.

“C’mon man, just help me lift him up and bring him to the wall.”

“Who told you to give him slee-”

The camera cut off and remained that way for a long while. When it finally came back on, it revealed a sleeping Howie, who was duct taped to the wall of his hotel room. Nick stepped into view, holding his opened laptop. “Dare numero uno completed!” he said with a big smile. “And he’s still out cold.”

AJ turned the camera around and faced it on himself, “You are not looking at a dead Backstreet Boy, and if you were, please call Crime Stoppers and turn Nickolas Gene Carter in.”

The camera was faced on Nick again, who was shaking his head and rolling his eyes. “Anyway, it’s time to find out what you’d guys like to see us do.”

“With our clothes on!” AJ’s voice mocked.

Nick looked past the camera and straight at AJ, “Why are you so against doing anything clothed?”

“Whatever dude, just hurry up, my arm’s getting sore from holding this damn camera.”

Nick shook his head, “Anyway, to our lovely viewers out there, go ahead and tell us what you’d like to see us do next. We’ve managed to duct tape Howard to a wall over here.” he patted Howie’s head. “So really, we’ll do anything with our clothes on!”

Chapter End Notes:

Readers, go ahead and leave some feedback! Tell us what you think of the story and go ahead and say what you'd like to see AJ and Nick do next! :D