- Text Size +

Angie's Point of View-

We rode up the escalators hoping they were at the top of them but only to see Brittney's boyfriend storming into the hotel in search of Brittney and Katie as well. We grouped together, he called Brittney and she said she was next to some blackjack table that Nick Carter was playing at, well that narrows it down. I recovered my embarrassment with Brian from focusing too much on finding our friends when we see Brittney standing up next to a slot machine, we ran up to her and her boyfriend hugged her only to notice Katie was propped up against the slot machine and she was out like a light.

"I'm so glad we found you guys!" Her boyfriend said to Brittney as Lindsey and I were waking Katie up.

"Wakey wakey Katie, it's time to go home." Lindsey said as her eyes begun to flutter open.

"Hi Lindsey, hi Angie, when did you get here?" She asked.

"We just got here, we are going to make sure you get home, it's time to leave." I said.

"I'm not going home....Nick Carter is right there." Katie said as she stood up barely able to stand straight, she was wavering just standing up trying not to fall over, she grasped onto the slot machine's chair.

"Yeah, we aren't leaving until he leaves...." Brittney said getting her and her boyfriend to argue, we stood aside not really paying attention to Katie trying to convince Brittney to leave, we figured if we can talk her into leaving then it'll be easier to get Katie to leave. I glanced over to Nick Carter just to get that one glance of him, the chance of meeting him was slim due to having to deal with my drunk friends and if I'm missing my chance to meet him I want to at least see him when I noticed Katie was stumbling her drunk self over towards him. I smacked Lindsey on the arm and pointed at her, we ran over to her grabbing her by the arms and picking her up off her feet RIGHT when she reached him.

"It's Nick Carter, guys it's Nick Carter." She said slurred and in her drunk manner, he turned and looked at her giving her that 'Oh god, another drunk person,' look.

"We are so sorry...." Lindsey said.

"It's okay...." He said smiling as we carried her pretty much back over to where Brittney and her boyfriend were.

"Nick smiled at me..." She said happily, we didn't have the heart to tell her that he was actually probably laughing at her.

"She said she wants to go home....you want to go home Katie?" He asked.

"If Brittney's going, I'll go...." She said as we walked with them out to their car making sure that he could handle both of them being as drunk as they were and we exchanged phone numbers so he can text us saying they got back safely.

"What to do now?" I asked Lindsey as we headed back to the entrance to the hotel.

"I'm pretty beat...what about you?" Lindsey asked.

"Yeah...I've never been so embarrassed before tonight..."

"You talked to Brian though and you were able to meet his son...maybe you can be the 'babysitter.'" Lindsey teased.

"Shut-up." I said shoving her as we walked back into the hotel.

"I'm hungry, you hungry? I think it's from the work-out we did tonight? Running around this hotel and pushing those crates up onto that truck...you must say that was pretty cool."

"No doubt..." I said as we walked towards the elevators stopping at the little convience store near the elevators picking up a few snacks and drinks taking them back up to room shoving them down our throats before we were out for the night. We woke up at 10 AM showering before we took the 6 hour drive back home.

"Happy Birthday!" Lindsey said hugging me when she woke up.

"Thanks...." I said.

"Your 21 now, let's get you a drink..."

"That can wait, I just want to get home." I said as I pinned this ribbon on my shirt that said it was my birthday. We left our room to climb onto the elevator not looking at the other people in the elevator until I turned around from pushing the door close button when I saw Howie holding his son and hanging onto his wife's hands, he didn't have their bags with them but they could of already took them down to their car. I looked over to Lindsey and she pretty much had the 'OMG!' expression, we didn't say ANYTHING, not even to each other on that ride in the elevator. We were the first two off walking over to the line to check out. "That was awkward..." I said.

"But awesome....you've been having the best luck for your birthday." Lindsey said as we moved up to the front of the line waiting for one of the receptionist to clear out.

"I know...it is still so surreal to me...." I said as we stepped up to the clear receptionist checking out of the hotel and headed out to our car.