- Text Size +

Angie's Point of View-

We printed out the tickets off our roommate's printer to save money and gas to go to the local FedEx Kinkos to print out the tickets. We did some small side gigs to bring in a little cash, little as in $60 all together, it wasn't much it was gas money to get to and from the show. Our roommate bought us Burger King as repayment for watching her two kids while she went to a town meeting, we ended up peeling off those Twilight things and won two breakfast items.

"Free breakfast for tomorrow." I said as I slid the two vouchers into my wallet for save keeping. We went back home going to bed early considering I wanted to get down to the studio earlier than the time we were supposed to be there so we could be close to the front of the line. We had to be there by 2:30, I wanted to get there about noon, 12:30 so I knew we had a good shot to be within the first two rows. Luckily, the next morning our roommate had a doctors appointment at 7:30, and she took her youngest and her oldest spent the night at a friends house leaving the house for our use. "What shall I wear?" I asked looking over the guidelines of the do or don'ts of what to wear that were on the tickets.

"Wear your black slacks and that nice orange blouse, orange stands out so maybe that will help you get noticed more." Lindsey said as she pulled out her black slacks and her purple shirt.

"Right....that's cute, I guess..." I said unsure of the combination, I pulled out one of my cute panties, I always wear cute panties when going to special occasions like this and my bra that gives me a little lift going to shower real quick to give Lindsey time to shower as well. I got out of the shower pulling on a pair of nylon black socks sliding my foot in my close toed black wedged nice shoes that were one size too big for me, but it's something I have to deal with for now. I brushed my teeth and plucked out unwanted hair off my face when Lindsey walked out of the master bathroom from her shower.

"We aren't going to be that close where they are going to see those hairs." Lindsey said walking past the doorway.

"Just in case...you don't know what will happen....I want to look my absolute best." I said as I set the tweezers down and splashed water on my face and dried it with the towel I just pulled off my head that was drying my hair. I plugged in the hair dryer and picked up my hair brush, I turned on the hair dryer to the lowest setting blowing out the cold air slowly turning hotter as it warmed up blowing on my hair as I brushed my hair while it dried it rest of the way. I then turned off the hair dryer so I can curl the bottoms up and sprayed hairspray on it so it'll stay curled up that way for rest of the night. I then pulled out my make-up set doing a neutral color for eye shadow and did black eyeliner on the lower lids only, I didn't waste time with blush since I figured I'll possibly turn red from heat in that room, nervousness or the chance of getting embarrassed, I normally don't do lipstick or mascara so I don't have any in my set. I then rummaged through my jewelry pulling out a set of dangly earrings that I thought matched my outfit sliding them into the pierce holes in my lobes and put the jewelry away. I then did the last touches such as deodorant, perfume and other things that wouldn't effect the work I did on my hair or make-up. I walked out after making sure all my things were put away properly, I walked out seeing Lindsey putting on her shoes and that was the last thing she does when she's ready was put on her shoes which is completely opposite of me. "I think I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be." I said nervously.

"Not yet...I want you to wear this, yes your birthday has passed but we are doing this to celebrate your birthday okay? You never know what will happen...." Lindsey said unlatching the pin on the back of the birthday ribbon I wore on my birhtday.

"Do I have to?" I asked.

"Yes, for me please?" Lindsey asked.

"Fine, for you..." I said rolling my eyes as I allowed her to pin it on me.

"There....we have the tickets and those breakfast things?" Lindsey asked grabbing her purse and pulled out her keys.

"Breakfast things are in my wallet and the tickets are in the glove box, put them in there last night." I said grabbing my purse and made sure the phone was in there.

"Let's get on the road." Lindsey said sliding on her sunglasses, we walked out to our car checking the time making sure there was still time to get the breakfast items at Burger King, we went through the drive thru and were on our way. We arrived to the studios about 11:45 but it took us more time to find the proper parking garage and finding a spot, then we had to pull out our tickets.

"We aren't allowed to take our phone in along with my camera." I said as I erased our inbox and turned our phone off before putting it in the glove box, I then rummaged through my purse for my camera as Lindsey took our trash over to the nearest garbage can as I put the camera in the glove box shutting it and locked it with my key. I shut my door after pulling the tickets and purse out with me.

"Is that everything?" Lindsey asked.

"Yep..." I said as she locked the doors on her side of the car, we walked over to the elevator taking it down one level to the level they said the check-in was for Lopez tonight, we found the security stand being the first ones there, we decided to go to the bathroom and come back, we were still the first ones there, but the security guard allowed us to sit out there with him until others arrived and line up.

"You here to celebrate your birthday?" The guard asked pointing at the ribbon.

"Yeah, I'm a big Backstreet Boy fan, we found out they were performing here and had to come." I said.

"That's cool....happy birthday..." He said as he walked back into his station thing, it was quite odd because he was talking on his walkie-talkie the moment he went in and shut the door. It slowly creeped up onto 2:30, others were there and there was defiantly a lot more people, at least 200 people there to fill the whole place. The security guard came back out with his buddy, his buddy had a clip board with paper on it which I'm assuming was a list of people that had tickets.

"Names?" The second security guard asked.

"It's under Lindsey McQuire, for 2 tickets." Lindsey said handing him the tickets.

"Check..." He said as the guard from earlier walked with us through the metal detectors.

"I talked to the producers, they gave me the clear to walk you in rest of the way and make sure you get front row." He said.

"For real?" I asked shocked but yet excited.

"Yeah, follow me." He said as we followed him, I linked arms with Lindsey trying to contain my excitement but yet not get nervous at the fact I'm going to be front row to a mini Backstreet Boys concert. He led us into the proper studio and through the set, down a set of bleacher stairs to the front row. "You may sit here, they will be performing here, have a good show and happy birthday." He said before walking back up the stairs.

"Thank you!" Lindsey and I yelled up to him, we sat in our seats, I was trying not to lose my shit being that close when a lady walked over to us.

"One of you must be the birthday girl." She said.

"I am..." I said as I stood up to shake the hand she stuck out after I spoke.

"Nice to meet you, on behalf of the Lopez show, we would like to wish you an happy birthday, here is a card and inside is a signed 5x7 photo of George Lopez for you, sorry it isn't personally signed." She said.

"It's okay, thank you." I said as she walked back to where she came from allowing me to sit back down, I slid the card into my purse for safe keeping, we watched the others being walked in and placed. The guard that walked us in earlier came up to us in a down type face.

"Sorry to do this, but I was told it has to be male female male, etc, I have to move one of you to a backer row." He said.

"I'll go..." Lindsey volunteered.

"No...I can't sit up here by myself." I said shaking my head no.

"Angie, one of us can stay up here, if anyone it should be you and I'll be up just a few rows, and I'll keep my eye on you the whole show." Lindsey said.

"And I'll be standing right here the whole show so I can keep my eye on you as well." He said.

"Okay..." I said as I watched where she sat so I knew where she was in case anything happened. I sat back down only to have two males placed beside me, I talked to them only to learn one was there for Steve Carell who was being interviewed that day and the other one was there with his girlfriend that was sitting on the other side of him, she was also there for Backstreet Boys so I wasn't the only fan girl there.