- Text Size +
Chapter Fifty Nine - Nick's Tour Diary

January 29 - Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena

Australia, watch out! My sister, Angel surprised us this morning when we got to Melbourne. This country wasn't ready for the two of us. We're invading!

Angel didn't waste anytime with the invasion. Unfortunately her idea of military strategy is to hit the mall. Liv was more than willing to join that army. Something tells me they won't last long. They took Noah and Brooke with them. If the toy store doesn't wear everyone out, I don't know what will.

Since Brian is ridin' solo (s to the 'o', l-o!), we decided to have a ritualistic male bonding experience while the girls were out. We invited the other guys, but only Howie accepted our invite. Leigh chilled out at the hotel with James and little Jonah. Kevin and AJ took their crew up in a hot air balloon (should I say that? does our insurance cover that? hmmm...).

The three of us went golfing. Eighteen lush holes at Albert Park was just what I needed. There's no need to mention who won or lost. We're all winners in my book!

Webmaster's note: Which is Nick-speak for he lost. Bad.

We all got back to the hotel just in time to head over to the arena. I'm happy to report that Kevin and AJ didn't parish in the hot air balloon. I will state that I think they're crazy taking two five year olds up in the air.

Kev's note: It would have been a lot more frightening if Nick had come with us!

James is back to being our official introducer. That boy was meant for the stage. The only complaint I have is that it sounds like he's saying 'Uncle Neck' instead of 'Uncle Nick.' But, I guess it could be worse. Use your imaginations. You see what I'm saying?

We did something different with five of our VIP-ers tonight. We had a couple stagehands act like something was wrong with their tickets. They took them backstage to what they were told was a 'holding' room. They were blindfolded (for security reasons) and then brought out on stage.

I was shook like a teddy bear and I have five different colors of lipstick on my cheek, but I loved the looks on those girls faces! AJ even gave one of them a piggy back ride. He's such a ----.

Webmaster's note: Nick's entry was edited for bad language. I can't wash his mouth out with soap, but I can hit the delete key!

I think next time we come back we need to do two concerts in Melbourne. I was told tickets were going for insane amounts of money. Which reminds me...MTV Australia did a little 'day in the life' yesterday. Keep checking the website for information on when it might air.

January 30 - Brisbane, Australia - Brisbane Entertainment Centre

I'm so glad Angel decided to tag along on tour with us. She makes a great baby-sitter. And she's going to make a great mom. Wait? What? Haha. I'm going to take this moment to announce that I'm gonna be an uncle. I think Angel's already tweeted about it, but for those of you that don't know...ta-da! Which reminds me. Anyone in the L.A. area needs to do me a favor and go to the following address and...

Webmaster's note: The rest of Nick's post was edited so that he doesn't get arrested for putting a hit out on someone who shall remain nameless.

After we arrived, we were treated to a tour of the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium. I think my son Noah is going to be an astronaut when he grows up. Sure he's only one, but I have never seen him that excited in my whole life. He only says about three words (none of which are daddy - he's holding out on me), but he was babbling like he was having a conversation with the entire solar system.

The girl that asked me a question at VIP asked me what my least favorite chore was. I thought that was really unique. Just FYI, my least favorite chore is dishes. I guess you could say I'm a paper plate guy.

Someone asked AJ what his favorite video game ever was. The dork seriously said Wayne's World. Out of all the amazing games that were ever released he chose that one. I seriously worry about Jizzle sometimes. Shwing.

Another night, another concert. I think I'm going to go to bed tonight with The Call stuck in my bed.

Not the best song to sing when you're a happily married guy, right?

Love you, Livvy!

Webmaster's note: He's such a suck-up!

February 2 - Jakarta, Indonesia - Ritz Carlton Pacific Place Ballroom

When we're on the road we end up seeing a lot of different food. I'm getting better at trying weird, off the wall, stuff. AJ still runs towards the nearest McDonald's he can find. After a recent bad experience, my wife isn't far behind.

The dish that Howie and I tried upon arriving in Indonesia was called Soto betawi. I didn't really care for it but Howie woofed it down. All I could tell for sure was that it contained coconut milk. I didn't find out until later that it also contained beef tendons, tripe, and intestines. I knew what intestines were but not tripe. Howie kindly informed me that its something from the stomach of various animals.

It's been a long time since I had gotten bad sick from food. I don't think I've ever crapped so much in my life, haha. I know you all wanted to know that right?

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling much better tonight. It's really hard to dance and be sexual when you really should be camped out on a toilet with your ass falling asleep.

Somehow I managed to get through it, but I pushed Brian down to get to the bathroom. The guys wouldn't even come near the dressing room for an hour afterwards.

I'll admit, I stunk.

February 4 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Sunway Surf Beach

Feeling much better today! We're in Malaysia and we're performing tomorrow at Sunway Surf Beach in the Sunway Lagoon Park. This was the first venue that the kids were excited about. The girls, Brian, and AJ stayed with the kids at the water park and Kevin, Howie, and I snuck over to the amusement park.

BEST. DAY. EVER. If you want photographic proof check my Twitter. Howie took an amazing shot of my mouth flapped in the wind. EPIC.

After the amusement park we went back over to the waterpark. I got a little sidetracked at Surf Beach. It's been a couple years since I was on a board and even though I was a little rusty, it still felt good to catch a wave. A couple fans that were already in the area for the concert tomorrow almost saw me lose my swim trunks. I caught them just in time.

Good luck next time, girlies!

Of course, all play and no work doesn't get a Backstreet Boy paid. After a good night's sleep I think I'll be ready to rock this place!

The kids wanted to go back to the water park, but we chilled at the hotel today. AJ was the only one to sneak out for a few hours, but he had a good reason.

We had such a fun trip here that I decided that I wanted to make it extremely memorable. I snuck into the dressing room while the guys were eating and put itching powder in Howie's t-shirt. He went all King-Kong once the powder took full effect. The girls loved when he ripped his shirt in half. I was laughing too hard to take a picture. Hopefully Liv got one for all you people that are curious!

Webmaster's note: Oh, I got it. Howie's chest looks like one of those connect the dot games. He has red spots all over. But it WAS funny when it happened!

Before I sign off on this newest entry, I also want to mention it will be the last one for awhile. We have some OTHER surprises up our sleeve! Stay tuned!