- Text Size +
Chapter Sixty Nine - April 11 - Glasgow, Scotland - Scottish Exhibition & Conference Center

-- Liv --

With the help of some ginger tea and having Leigh and Addy along to sympathize with, I was feeling much better on this leg of the tour than I was the first. By the time we arrived in beautiful Scotland, I was feeling back to my ornery self.

Almost.

Early this morning the guys had to assemble for a photoshoot. It was a nice day with high's in the upper 50's. I had double-checked on the shoot the other day as a favor to Howie. I was glad I did.

I had a feeling that the guys forgot about a little bet they made.

Of course, I hadn't forgotten.

The empty field was filled with little Backstreet-ers running to and fro. Shelby picked up a flower and began to yank the petals off. Brooke was sitting in the grass looking around in amazement. Noah had a little plastic guitar and he was happily yanking at the strums.

"Where's our wardrobe?" Kevin asked. I smiled.

"I just talked to the ladies. You guys can get dressed over in that trailer over there," I said. I pointed at a white trailer on the corner of the shoot area.

I watched with a grin on my face as the five of them headed into the trailer. About a minute later Nick poked his head back out.

"LIV?" he called out loudly.

I walked over to the trailer and wrapped my fingers around the little round door. I looked up into his irresistible face...the face that constantly prevented me from packing away my maternity clothes.

"What's up?"

"We have a wardrobe problem."

I stifled a laugh. "Oh?"

Kevin leaned over Nick holding a kilt.

"What is this?"

I couldn't help it; I laughed.

"Don't you guys remember the bet?"

"What bet?" AJ asked. He poked his head out under Kev's arm.

"The Backstreet Olympics that you did in Taiwan?" I prodded.

Nick looked confused and then he seemed to realize what I was talking about.

"But no one won!"

"Exactly. Everyone lost. So everyone gets to wear a kilt."

Kev's eyes widened. "Where's the other wardrobe?"

I smiled sweetly. "I told them to just bring the kilts."

If looks could kill...

---------------------------------

"I AM...BRAVEHEART!!"

Brian was the first one out of the trailer. The moment I saw him I couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up. I heard Leighanne gasp.

"Oh my God."

Nick jumped out next. It was a major injustice that a man should look that good in a skirt. He grabbed the hem and grinned.

"It's breezy today, ain't it?"

AJ hoped out next, much to the amusement of Shelby. Kevin and Howie both came out last.

The photographer was grinning ear to ear.

"Oh, this is going to be awesome."

Nick walked up and curtsied.

"How do I look?"

I grinned. "Better than I imagined." I paused. "Are you wearing anything under there?"

His eyes danced. "A true Scotsman wears nothing underneath."

"You're not Scottish."

His smile widened. Curiosity was getting the best of me. I knelt down and peeked.

It suddenly seemed a lot warmer out. I felt the blush on my cheeks.

"We're keeping all the kids away from you," I said as I stood up. He leaned towards me.

"Like what you see?" he whispered. His breath tickled my ears.

"I always like what I see," I whispered. "That's our problem!"

He laughed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Well lassie, I best be getting ready for the shoot."

He walked off. He grabbed the back of his skirt and for one irrational moment I was sure he was going to moon everyone. Instead he just slapped his cheek and headed off.

I know I'm a happily married woman, but I couldn't help but wonder if the other four guys were being true Scotsman as well. The thought made me all warm and tingly.

"YOU GUYS LOOK SILLY!" Shelby said happily. AJ smiled goodnaturedly and danced a little jig. He had proposed to Molly just a couple days ago, and I hadn't seen him smile so much in my entire life. Even a kilt couldn't get him down.

"Daddy's wearing a dress!" Mason yelled in surprise.

Kevin scowled. Addy sank down on the grass and began to explain what a kilt was.

"Can we get this over with?" Howie asked. He scratched his leg. When he did I had part of my answer. I saw his boxers peek out beneath the material.

Brian seemed to be having the most fun. He was twirling in circles playing an imaginary bagpipe. Nick began to do the same. Kayleigh and Brooke laughed. No matter what, they were their daddies #1 fans.

"Alright guys, we're going to do some shots over by the moor..."

For the next hour, the guys were positioned for shot after shot. I swear Nick and Bri kept trying to show as much leg as possible. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the wardrobe lady sneak in the other set of clothes that I had purposely told her to hide. Finally the photographer set his camera on his leg.

"Okay, now why don't you guys get dressed in the real wardrobe we have for you?"

Nick looked my way. I shrugged innocently.

This time Kev and Howie were the first ones in. I grabbed Nick's arm before he could walk by.

"Can you keep the kilt for later?" I asked. He laughed.

"If we walk around the corner of the trailer maybe you can duck under there and show me how much you like it," he said. I smashed my palm gently into his face.

"In your dreams, Carter. Go get dressed."

Twenty minutes later our five handsome guys were back in 'normal' clothes getting their pictures taken. Leighanne leaned against me.

"They're awfully pretty aren't they?"

I smiled at her. "They take a great picture.

"How you feeling?"

"Pretty good, actually. I guess third time's a charm."

Leighanne laughed. "I'll take your word for it."

"Mama, look!"

Noah tugged at my jeans. He held up a flower.

"Oh that's pretty!" I said.

"YOU"

Ah, Carter boys surely knew how to charm me. I scooped him and the flower up and covered his face in kisses. He giggled.

"I love it No," I said. I took it and made a big show of sniffing it. Leighanne was watching me wistfully. It made me worry about how I was going to feel when Noah grew up. That worry disappeared pretty quickly when five minutes later Baylee came up with a huge bouquet of flowers.

"I got these for you, mom!" he said with a smile.

"Oh, Bay, thank you," Leigh said. He hugged her and then ran off. She beamed. I noticed a little glistening tear in the corner of her eye.

"Things like this make me feel a little better that he's growing up," she said. I smiled. Noah's arms wrapped around me and I felt his shaggy blonde head press against my shoulder.

"And that's a wrap!" I heard the photographer call. Nick unbuttoned the top few buttons of his shirt. He held his arms out wide.

"I AM BEOWULF!" he screamed. Bri laughed. They headed back to the trailer yelling out random lines from movies.

"RELEASE THE KRACKEN!" AJ bellowed.

I shook my head.

Boys would be boys.