- Text Size +
Chapter Seventy One - June 11 - Las Vegas, Nevada

As the weeks went by, Angel was doing great with Logan. She hadn't heard a word from Matt since the day in the hospital. As far as I was concerned, she was much better off without him. It was his loss.

Angel was doing so well that Liv was heading back on the road with us. After the busses rolled into Vegas, I took a taxi to the airport to pick up Liv and the kidlets. I hated the time apart from them. It seemed like Brooke and Noah were growing up three times faster than they should. I relished in their little hugs and kisses.

Besides being happy to have my whole family back on the road, there was a reason that I had wanted Liv to come back for Vegas. Las Vegas didn't hold a lot of good memories for us and I was determined to change that. After a relaxing afternoon and an amazing show, I cornered AJ in the hall.

"Can you watch Brooke and Noah tonight?"

I was trying my best to look sad and pathetic for AJ. He usually always fell for it.

"Why?"

I grinned. "Well, last time we were in Vegas, our plans were ruined and I kind of want to...unruin them."

"So you want me to watch your kids so you can pork your pregnant wife?"

I slid my hands in my pockets. "Well when you put it that way...yes."

AJ shook his head. "I can't."

I sighed.

"Oh, c'mon. I've watched all three of your goobers tons of times!"

"Nick, I really can't. Molly texted and Shelby's sick. I don't want Brooke and Noah to get what she has."

The thought of Brooke and Noah getting sick on the road wasn't an appealing thought.

"Well, maybe I can ask Bri..."

AJ smiled and patted me on the back. "Good plan. Have a fun night!"

"You too. Buy some Kleenex!"

Bri came out of the shower toweling what was left of his hair (haha). I grabbed his arm.

"Hey Bri, can you watch Brooke and Noah tonight?"

"Why?"

"Cause last time we were in Vegas you slept with Liv and I want some good memories," I whispered for only him to hear.

He rolled his eyes. "You know that wasn't my fault."

I grinned. "I know, but does it make you feel crummy enough to watch Brooke and Noah?"

Bri snorted. "Unfortunately, yes."

Two hours later, Brooke was happily playing with Kayleigh and Noah was curled up on the couch watching a video.

"Thanks again."

Leighanne smiled. "Have fun."

I laughed. "We will."

Liv was waiting for me in our room.

"Everything go okay?" she asked.

"Absolutely. I think Kay was happy to have her buddy spend the night."

I clapped my hands. "So, Livvy, tonight's the night."

"No interruptions?"

I shook my head.

"None."

"No crazy family members?"

I smiled.

"None."

Three years ago, Liv and I had devised big plans to make love for the first time in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, due to my crazy asshole brother and a couple spiked drinks, a romantic evening with restaints and whipped cream had ended with Liv in bed with Brian instead.

Tonight was retribution.

"Look what I got," Liv said. She held up a can of whipped cream. My eyes widened in appreciation. I crouched down by my duffel and pulled out two black bands.

"And look what I found."

"The doorjam cuffs? We can't use them now. I'm a bowling ball!"

I laughed. "They'll work just as well on these bedposts."

Liv turned around and looked. "Ohhh, yeah."

She set the can back down and slid off the bed.

"I'll be right back. Get comfortable."

My version of comfortable was naked. As soon as the bathroom door closed, I stripped down.

Sure we had made love more times than I could ever count since that night in Las Vegas, but it had always bothered me that we hadn't had our time. I popped open the can of whipped cream and sprayed a huge amount in my mouth.

I almost choked on it when the bathroom door reopened.

"Ignore the baby belly," Liv said.

I didn't want to. She was wearing a cute little white nightie. I coughed and swallowed.

"You look amazing."

And the night was amazing. I finally got to live my dream of becoming a human hot fudge sundae and most importantly we were able to make a few good memories to remember whenever we visited Las Vegas.

----------------------

"Daddy, pop!"

Brooke walked out of Bri's suite the next morning happily munching on a Pop Tart. Noah wasn't far behind.

"Looks good. Can daddy have a bite?"

Brooke held it to her chest. "No!" Noah held his out. I took a little nibble and patted the top of his head.

"We have to be on the road in an hour," Bri reminded me. Kayleigh was dressed like a little Leigh and they all looked so...organized. I sighed.

"I know. I'm tossing the kiddos on board in their PJs."

It was a mad dash to check out and get to the busses. Kevin and Addy looked overwhelmed. Ally, Joe, and Shelby were with them.

"Where's AJ?" I called.

Kev looked at me.

"Uh---"

"Right here!"

AJ and Red came walking over like they didn't have a care in the world. He kissed her and looked around.

"Guys, meet Mrs. Molly McLean."

"What?" Liv said.

"You got married?" Leighanne said.

"When did this happen?" I asked.

AJ laughed. "Last night."

"And we weren't invited?" Bri called out.

He tried to look apologetic, but he just couldn't get the grin off of his face.

"Sorry. We just figured it would be hard to organize everyone in so short of time."

He had a point. It would have probably ended up like a three-ring circus.

The girls rushed over to oogle over Molly's wedding band. AJ folded his arms and rocked on his heels.

"Congratulations," I said.

"Sorry, I lied to you. Shelby's not really sick."

I laughed. "Well, you had a good excuse."

"DADDY!"

Shelby ran over to AJ and wrapped her arms around his legs.

"Hey kiddo, good morning!"

It was amazing that just a little over a year ago the four of us had to break down AJ's front door and drag him out of bed. Today he looked happier than I had ever seen him.

All around me was happiness. All five of us had never been happily married at the same time.

It was well overdue.