- Text Size +
Story Notes:
As always... warnings may change. What I have listed now is what I know will be in the story. I can't guarantee that nothing else will pop up at some point. Check back here to make sure.

Note: Just because I've had a few people ask me now I just want to clarify she's not a vampire! Okay, I'm better now. Thanks for reading!
Note: As of the chapter entitled June 1989, chlid abuse is listed as a warning. It is not detailed, nor will it become detailed, but the warning's there, none the less.

AWARDS:


FLASH FORWARD


"Do you know why we're here Nick?"

Her voice echoed from every direction. I turned, desperate, trying to see where it was coming from. My heart slammed in my chest, pounding a tattoo that I was certain she could hear... wherever she was.

"I don't even know where we are!" I cried, panic rising through me, like the bile in my throat.

"Nick, Nick, Nick," her voice, condescending and full of pity, moved around the room, surrounding me, engulfing me entirely.

I moved frantically through the dark, only to find my hands up against a wall. I crept along it, one hand over the other, searching for a way out. There had to be something here.

"You've never really known what was best for you, Nick," she said, and suddenly her voice wasn't surrounding me. It was directly behind me, in my ear, in fact. Her hand closed over my shoulder, and my blood ran cold, like ice through my system. "You've never recognized that I was what was best for you... even after all this time."

"Please," I whispered, my breath heavy, "I just want to go home."

Her laughter was loud and cold. It sent shivers down my spine and through the walls. It was a terrible, unearthly sound. "Ohhh Nick," she crooned, "Don't you see? You already are."