- Text Size +
DELHI SANDWICH?


I was given the clear to travel on the next morning to the next stop on the tour, but only as long as I took the last night in Tokyo to relax. Brian came over with Baylee and the three of us watched Finding Nemo on my computer. Every time they showed the seagulls, the three of us mimicked them, shouting "Mine? Mine? Mine?" It was a lot of fun, and at the end of the night, Baylee gave my leg and big hug and thanked me for the "poppycorn and sodars". I smiled and patted his bushy blonde hair as Brian winked and scooped him up, declaring it was well after his bedtime and disappeared down the hall.

I closed my hotel room door and sighed. Spending the night with Brian and Baylee had made me miss Melly and her vision for our future more than I'd ever realized. I crawled onto the bed and grabbed my cell phone off the night stand and punched in Melly's number. I held the phone to my ear.

Suddenly it was ripped out of my hand.

"What the --" I looked up and saw Victoria standing beside the bed. She clamped my cell phone shut, just as I heard Melly's sweet voice pick up. "Victoria?" I said in disbelief. I looked at the door. When the hell as I going to realize this woman could appear out of thin air?

"What do you think you were doing just now?" she asked, her voice ice-cold and sharp.

"Uhh, calling my girlfriend, actually."

Victoria dropped the phone onto the floor and got onto the bed. "What am I?"

That creepy chick that haunts me? I thought, sliding off the bed and standing up. She got to the middle and dropped to a sitting position, her long legs spread out on either side of her in a way that reminded me of a frog. She was wearing a skirt and one of my old t-shirts. I wondered where she'd gotten it - I hadn't seen that shirt in years, but it had once been one of my very favorites.

"You think I'm creepy?" she whispered, a hurt tone to her voice.

Did I say that out loud? I wondered, screwing up my face.

"Do you think I can't hear you?!" Victoria cried out, angry. She grabbed the remote control for the TV and flung it at me, hard. The plastic remote struck me in the shoulder and I yelped, grabbing my shoulder as the pain shot through my the collar bone.

"What the hell was THAT for?" I bellowed, kicking the remote into the wall with all the might of my foot. "That fucking hurt!"

Victoria's eyes widened and she crawled the rest of the way across the bed, and stood up beside me, her mouth on my collar bone, apologies flying forth from her mouth, "No, no, no," she mumbled into my skin, "Ohhh, I never wanted to hurt you, my Nicky, but you made me, don't you see?"

"No!" I yelled, shoving her back against the bed, "No actually, I don't see! I don't understand who or what or whatever you are!" I cried out, frustrated. "I feel like I'm fucking going insane!" I grabbed at my hair and paced around the hotel room, fuming and snorting.

She watched me, standing awkwardly there between the two beds, then she inched towards me, "Nicky, I'm sorry."

"Why are you following me everywhere?" I demanded, "Why won't you leave me alone?"

Tears filled her eyes and her lower lip quivered. "Don't you love me, Nicky?" she asked quietly, "Don't you love me even a fraction of the amount that I love you?"

"Victoria," I whispered, "I don't even know you." At my words, she dissolved - literally - into tears, and disappeared, once again, before my very eyes.



"Are you ready," AJ said as we loaded into the limousine once again, "To go to Delhi, India?" he said the words in the worst Indian accent I've ever heard. He rubbed his hands together.

"Delhi?" I asked, "Delhi, Sandwich?"

AJ laughed. Brian rolled his eyes, "Wow, that was lame, Nick."

I grinned, "I can't help it, I'm freaking starving."

Leighanne smirked, "Then maybe you should eat more." She poked my flat abs and winked.

"Bah, shows what you know," I said, "I eat like a fucking horse."

"No, no, Nick, check it out.. check it out. You don't eat like a horse. You eat like a llama..." he paused, drawing out the punch line for maximum impact. "The Delhi Llama."

"Where the hell do you guys come up with these jokes?" Leigh asked, looking up from James, who Howie was bouncing on his knee to keep from crying. Baylee was sitting on Brian's lap playing with my PSP, probably about to beat my high score on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: The Video Game. I knew he'd already found all of Luna Lovegood's stuff that was hidden around Hogwarts - that had taken me almost a whole week to do (it was trying to find the damn Herbology room that gave me the hardest trouble - I had no idea there was like four classrooms in there, I just kept getting in there and turning around thinking there was a kink in the game system).

AJ smirked. "They sell them, in a big huge book. Lame Jokes For Guys To Tell On Their Way to Foreign Countries," he snorted.

Rochelle was hanging out the window, smoking on our way to the airport. Her entire upper body was outside, and she was laughing, sticking her tongue out like a dog. AJ laid his head against her ass like it was a pillow and she reached one hand back and patted his head.

"Better hope she doesn't let one rip," snickered Howie. AJ looked at Rochelle's ass suspiciously and leaned away from it.

It felt good just joking around, being normal with the guys again. And I hadn't seen or heard from Victoria since the night before. I was almost convinced, once again, that she'd been a trippy dream that I'd had, something that was a little too vivid, but was, none the less, not real.

I'll call Melly when we get to Delhi, I thought, imagining her voice on the other end of the line and the smile that I hoped would cross her face when I told her what I was calling for.