- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter Two-Hundred-Eighty-Two



After an hour of being with AJ in the most wonderful way ever thought possible, Brooke lay curled up on the rug in her office with nothing but the white bed sheets from her bed wrapped around her waist. The fire in the fireplace is still going strong and she lay there gazing into it, still drunk with passion for the beautiful man that she just fell in love with all over again. She never knew that, that was possible because she was already deeply in love with him to begin with. AJ lay behind her with one arm wrapped around her and he used his other hand to lightly caress her smooth skin with his fingers. AJ’s hand went up to Brooke’s face and he caressed her face with his fingers, before cupping her cheek in his hand and he leaned forward to lightly peck her lips. When he pulled back he brought his lips down to the front of her neck where he began to kiss there. Brooke brought her arm up behind AJ and cradled his head in her hand as she closed her eyes, instantly melting in the safety of his embrace.


“I don’t ever want this perfect moment to end,” she informed him quietly and he slid both of his arms around her waist and drew her closer to him. “You’re the best thing to ever happen to me Alexander James.”


“Ditto Brooke Morgan,” he murmured softly against her skin. “I love you,” he added as he rested his forehead against hers and gazed into her brown eyes. “You’re so beautiful, and perfect, and you’re the only woman that I ever want to do this with for the rest of my life.”


“Yeah?” Brooke asked softly, as she fought so desperately to keep her tears at bay, but one managed to slip and roll down her cheek. She has always secretly felt like he could do so much better then her. She has always secretly gotten jealous everytime he runs off to be a Backstreet Boy for all of those screaming girls out there. The whole time he was gone she was secretly in total anxiety that he would find someone much better and leave her. Only reassured when she got to talk with him over webcam. Don’t get her wrong, she is very much supportive of his career and will never prevent him from going off and doing what he loves, but that anxiety and loneliness will always be there everytime he leaves her. She has always just been a self-conscious woman after Thadius destroyed her. AJ brought his finger up and gently wiped away the lone tear and he looked into her eyes with concern.


“Absolutely,” he told her. “You’re mine forever Brookie,” he informed as he slid down her body, positioning himself so he is lying between her legs with his arms wrapped around her and he placed delicate kisses over her stomach, before resting his head against it comfortably. The two of them lay there in silence for awhile. Not an awkward silence where they don’t know what to say, but a comfortable one where they’re just enjoying each other’s company. After a long while, there came a sound of someone pounding on the door. Not a loud obnoxious pound, but a pound that you would expect from a small child.


“JAAAY, BROOKIEEEE…” Laila’s little voice exclaimed from the other side and Brooke giggled as AJ just grinned.

“They’re back,” he stated the obvious.


“JAAAAY, BROOKIEEEEE…” Laila repeated, and they suddenly heard someone attempting the doorknob. Must be Howie, because Laila can’t reach it.


“Hang on just a minute baby,” AJ called after her, and he got up. He reached out a hand for Brooke and she took hold of it and allowed him to pull her up. When they were standing they both hurriedly got dressed and cleaned up the evidence around the office. When they finished, Brooke went over to the door and unlocked it and she opened it up to see Laila standing there patiently, the worried look on her little face disappearing as soon as she saw her Brookie standing there before her.


“BROOKIE!!!” She exclaimed, her entire face lighting up with excitement. Brooke’s automatically did the same, as it always does when in the presence of that child.


“HIII!” Brooke replied, and she playfully snatched the two year old up into her arms making her squeal, and she brought her close to her and placed bunches of kisses all over her face causing her to giggle.


“Laila misses Brookie,” she informed, as she wrapped her arms around Brooke and hugged her tightly. This is the first time since they got back from their trip that Brooke has really paid much attention to her. She said hello and gave her a brief hug, but then was immediately distracted by other hugs and then work afterwards.


“Aww, well Brookie missed Laila too,” Brooke replied, hugging her close to her affectionately as the little girl clung to her. AJ came up behind her smiling a little and he slid his arms around her waist, and kissed Laila’s forehead as her head was rested against Brooke’s shoulder. Laila smiled up at him making AJ grin back playfully and she giggled. He looked at Howie then, who was standing there with Ryan next to him and watching the scene in front of him in amusement. The two of them are holding a handful of books. Howie gave AJ a knowing look, and AJ stared back at him innocently but he knows it’s no use. Brooke is glowing and it is not all Laila.


“I’m gonna go visit Lindsey before dinner. Will you check on Ryan every now and then for me please? He wants to go outside and lay under the tree and read.”


“Sure thing,” AJ replied, eyeing the books in the nine year old’s arms. The Series Of Unfortunate Events books by Lemony Snicket, all four of the Harry Potter Books by J.K. Rowling, and a few of R.L. Stine’s Goosebumps books. AJ raised his eyebrow at the pile of books.


“Jeez kid, that’s some heavy reading you’re planning on doing there. Sure you can finish them all?”


“Yeah I’m sure,” Ryan grinned. “Can I go start?” he asked, looking up at Howie, and Howie nodded.


“Yes you may. Come get AJ if you need anything, okay?” Howie questioned.


“Kay.”


“Behave Ryan,” Howie ordered lightly, but Ryan didn’t mistaken the seriousness in his tone.


“Yes sir,” Ryan replied, and he turned and headed for the playground. Howie watched him until he saw him go straight outside, and then he turned his attention back on AJ and he handed over a bunch of Easy’s.


“Here are Laila’s books. She had a blast at that library. It was as if she knew that it used to belong to her father, because she just made herself right at home. I read a few to her, and there are a few others in that pile that she’s reserved for only you to read, just a heads up.”


“How did Ryan do being there?” AJ asked curiously. “He seems really happy.”


“He was glad to see that they kept everything the same as Rick had it. They even have a big portrait of him hanging up on the wall in the foyer for all to see. All of the same people are working there and they recognized Ryan and Laila as soon as we walked in. They were all really happy to see him and treated him as if he were family. It made him feel really good. Ryan told them he plans on owning it when he gets older, but for now the new owner Elyce can have it. She told him he could come by anytime he wants because the Library will always be his, she’s just running it for him until he’s old enough to take over. He was all smiles the whole time, it was heart warming to see.”


“Aww,” Brooke smiled, as she stood next to AJ still holding Laila who is snuggling close to her and Brooke is slowly swaying with her and it’s relaxing her so much that she is in a complete trance. “That’s really sweet, I’m glad they were all really nice to him.” Howie nodded.


“Me too. But I’ve gotta go if I’m gonna get there and back on time for dinner. See you two later.”


“Bye D,” AJ replied, and Howie turned and walked back out of the Orphanage. Just then Brian and Riley walked in as Howie walked out and while Riley headed up the stairs with her backpack, Brian went to Brooke and AJ.


“Hey Bri, where is Ri going?” Brooke asked curiously.


“Upstairs to a bathroom to take a shower.”


“What for?” AJ asked, raising his eyebrow.


“You don’t want to know,” Brian replied, and AJ narrowed his eyes.


“Eeew. Did you two do the dirty outside?!”


“You said it not me,” Brian shrugged.


“Brian Thomas Littrell, I am surprised with you Choir boy.” AJ informed in mock surprise.


“It’s not like you’ve never done the same thing.”


“That’s different. You are Brian Littrell. You at least did it somewhere where no one would see, right?”


“Yeah, of course I did…I’m choir boy remember?” Brian asked, suddenly looking everywhere but at AJ’s eyes.


“Brian Thomas!” AJ scolded, his eyes going wide and he laughed. “Kevin is going to kill you if that gets out.”


“It was a spur of the moment, try to cheer up Riley kind of thing. I wasn’t thinking okay? And besides…maybe I wanted to do something daring.”


“Cheer Riley up kind of thing?” Brooke suddenly asked seriously, ignoring the amused looks that AJ was giving his best friend. Clearly he was seeing him in a whole new light.


“Yeah…she had a meltdown on the beach.”


“On the beach?! You two did it on a public beach? Oh this is great…” AJ laughed.


“What happened?” Brooke asked, once again ignoring her boyfriend.


“We ran into Chase,” Brian explained. “He said a lot of shitty things, angry words were exchanged, and he pushed her to the edge and she cried the whole way to the beach.”


“Oh man…poor thing,” Brooke replied, immediately feeling horrible for her best friend. “Is she okay?”


“She is now because I reassured her that I would take care of it. I’m calling my lawyer tonight.” Brooke shook her head.


“Good…she really needs to get that asshole out of her life.”


“She’s trying, but he’s not making it very easy.”


“Well, hopefully your lawyer will be able to do something about it.”


“I know he will. I have a great lawyer and I have faith in him one hundred percent. Plus I’m going to make sure he can do something about it, because I have plans of proposing to Riley and I cant do so with this asshole in the way.” Brooke lightly rubbed her hand over Brian’s shoulder.


“You two will get through this I promise Brian. There will be a wedding in the future I just know it.”


“I hope so,” Brian replied, and Brooke pulled him into a brief but meaningful hug.


“But anyway, how about you and I go set up the cafeteria for dinner? I hear you have special stuff you gotta do,” She asked, changing the subject in attempt to help her friend feel better. Her attempt worked, as Brian’s whole face lit up in a smile as he remembered his plans for the evening.


“Yes I do. I need to grab a bunch of kids from my ch—group to help out with some heavy lifting.” AJ raised his eyebrow, but otherwise said nothing, as he was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that Brian Littrell of all people just had sex on the beach. And not just any beach…but a public one. In plain sight. He is going to laugh his ass off if it gets out. Brooke turned and looked at AJ, and AJ snapped out of his thoughts and immediately looked at her with a ‘I aim to please’ kind of look.


“Coming?”


“I was thinking about going to check on my sister. I haven’t heard a peep out of her for a couple of hours.”


“Okay,” Brooke laughed, as she knows why he hasn’t heard from her in awhile, but she’s not going to say anything. “Here, take Laila then so I will have my hands free to work” she added, before starting to hand the toddler over, only to have her screech and cling tightly to Brooke.


“Or not,” Brooke laughed, and AJ chuckled and rubbed his hand over Laila’s back.


“She really did miss you.”


“Well I would say so, since this is the first time she’s ever resisted you.”


“Here, take the books. Maybe you can talk her into sitting down and looking at the pictures.” Brooke took the books he was handing her and she turned and walked toward the cafeteria with Brian. Laila looked back at AJ then, and he smiled at her and waved. Laila rested her head against Brooke’s shoulder, popped a thumb into her mouth, and waved back. AJ chuckled and tried not to let the jealousy get to him. He knows she misses Brooke, and if Laila felt that AJ was going very far she would not permit this to happen. Still, she is his baby, and he is used to her being clingy with him. Brushing it off, he proceeded to go to the playground. When he was outside he discovered Ashley still sitting in hers and Nick’s ‘sacred’ spot but instead of with Nick, she is sitting indian style with Bella lying in her lap and Nick is running around the playground with all of the kids – literally all of the kids. They’re playing a big game of paint tag, hiding behind trees and bushes and such. AJ chuckled and shook his head in amusement, and his eyes roamed back over to the reason he came outside in the first place. He noticed Ashley huddled up with Bella far away from anyone’s paint ball aim, unless they were purposely trying to get her, and she seems to be in deep conversation with the infant. AJ crossed the playground then headed for the play structure and he purposely walked where he wouldn’t be hit by flying paint. When he reached his destination safely, he turned so his back was to it before lifting himself up so he was sitting on it and he scooted back and joined his sister, looking at her curiously.


“Hey sweetie, What’cha doin?” he asked, lightly nudging her in the side.


“Bells and I are hiding from all of the madness,” Ashley informed, not taking her eyes away from the baby.


“I don’t blame you,” AJ chuckled.


“I was just telling her a story.”


“I could see that. What kind of story?”


“All kinds of stories. I told her The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and all about her Grandma Elaine, and Grandpa Michael. I got smiles out of her for that story.” AJ scooted closer to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders and she leaned into AJ as he placed a light kiss on her forehead.


“I bet that is a great story to listen to. You should tell it to me sometime.”


“Sometime,” Ashley promised, as she nestled her head into AJ’s shoulder comfortably. “It’s easy to talk to Bella about things. I tell her everything and she just listens…because…well that’s all she can do right now.”


“You know all of us would listen too though, right?” AJ asked, gently rubbing his hand over her arm.


“Yeah, I know, and I appreciate it I do. But sometimes it’s nice to talk to someone who isn’t going to say their opinions.”


“I hear ya,” AJ replied, understanding completely, though he secretly wonders just how much she is saying to Bella that she doesn’t say to anyone else. He knows that even though she’s opened up a lot to the five of them, there are still stuff she is keeping secret. And Bella would be the safest person to tell, if she should ever decide she can’t keep it bottled any longer. Even Sean couldn’t protest to that. What is a baby going to do about it?


“Just don’t make Bella be the only person you confide in sweetheart, okay?”


“I won’t,” Ashley replied, not looking away from the baby in her lap and AJ sat there quietly contemplating on whether he should put a tape recorder in her room or not when she is alone with the baby. Little did he know, there was one other person who was thinking the very same thing. One other person on the outside of the playground ducked inside some bushes. Max had heard her entire conversation with Bella, and she does pour her soul out to that child. Sean will be very interested in hearing that. Speaking of which, he is due back at his house. Quietly emerging from the bushes he moved swiftly behind a wall, but not swiftly enough, as he was seen by just one person. He noticed Elenore suddenly turned in his direction, eyes wide, paint ball in her hand and she gave him a questioning look. Max shook his head and Elenore frowned in disappointment. Max mouthed soon to her, and then he was gone. Elenore scowled, stomped her foot, and then turned her attention back on the war behind her. Soon he says. Soon. Well it had very well better be soon daddy, because I will just keep on writing until you reply she thought to herself.



~*~*~*~*~*~



“Whoa…check it out…” Q spoke up suddenly, his eyes fixed on the cameras up in the security room.


“What? What is it?” Marcus questioned, joining his side and Q hit the rewind button on the tapes. After a couple of seconds, he hit play again and they watched as Elenore was facing the opposite direction of everybody else.


“What is she looking at? There isn’t anybody over there except Ashley and AJ and they aren’t even looking at her.” Marcus hit rewind on another camera, the one that they have on the grounds on the other side of the gate as far back to the point before Elenore turned in that direction and then they hit play again and they watched carefully. Nothing.


“What the hell was she looking at?” Q demanded, though it was meant as a rhetorical question, because he knows Marcus has no idea either.


“Are you sure there aren’t any kids over there that are just hidden?” Marcus questioned.


“I’m positive. From watching the tape it was perfectly clear that Nick made that whole area out of bounds. I read lips.”


“Hmm…” Marcus replied thoughtfully. I’m gonna go have a talk with our Little turtle in red.”


“You do that. And you let her know that if she is getting herself into trouble again we’re going to know about it.”


“I will,” Marcus replied, before getting up and heading downstairs to the playground. When he got out there, he stepped just outside the door.


“ELLIE!” he called out to her, causing the little girl to stop mid throwing a paintball and she looked at him curiously. He quietly motioned her over with his finger and she sighed, held up one finger to tell him one minute, and then looked back at Chris, concentrating very hard. When she was sure he was right where she wants him, she wound her arm back, and threw the red paint in his direction, hitting him point blank in the back of the head.


“SCORE!” She cheered and she giggled insanely as Chris turned and narrowed his eyes at her. She turned and darted for Marcus then, before he even had the chance to get her back. When she reached the security guard that was looking slightly amused, but at the same time trying to keep a serious face, he knelt down to her height and she looked at him curiously.


“What’s up Marcus?”


“Nothing much…just wanted to see what you were up to.”


“Paintball war withs everybody. I just nailed Chris in the back of the head did you see it? Did you did you?”


“I did, that was a pretty good aim” Marcus replied and Elenore giggled and nodded.


“Uh-huhs, he didnts even see it comin’. I gots him good.”


“Mhm, you did. But Ellie, I have a question to ask you.”


“Kay…what’s?”


“Who were you talking to just a few moments ago? Over near that gate?” He asked, pointing in the direction of the gate. Elenore stared for a moment, her whole body becoming stiff.


“Were you talking to someone you weren’t supposed to?”


“No, I wasn’t.”


“Well you were communicating with somebody honey, Q and I have it on camera.”


“If you haves it on camera, then how come you’re asking me?” she challenged.


“We only have you on the camera.” Elenore relaxed somewhat at this news. They don’t have Max on their camera. She’s safe. All she has to do is come up with a quick lie. What would Dakota say? She would make it so that no one could find the evidence. She would make it so that no one could prove it.


“My imaginary friend.” Marcus raised his eyebrow.


“Your imaginary friend?”


“Yes. My friend Carlson…he mades me mad by throwing a paints ball at me…an’ I tried to tells him that he is out of bounds, but he wouldn’t listen to me. He likes to break the rules.”


“Imagine that,” Marcus chuckled. “Now why in the world would your imaginary friend like to break the rules? It’s unheard of.”


“I know, rights?” Elenore agreed.


“Well, you tell that imaginary friend of yours,” Marcus replied, gently wrapping her in his arms and pulling her near and he looked her in the eyes seriously, so she would know he was talking about her through this said ‘Carlson’. “That if he gets into anymore trouble, Q and I will know about it.”


“I’ll gives him the message,” Elenore promised.


“Good,” Marcus replied, and he held her gaze for a couple of moments, before kissing her forehead softly. “I love you Ellie. I only want you…and your imaginary friends to be safe. You know that right?”


“I loves you too Marcus,” Elenore replied, and she hugged the security guard tightly, nestling herself in his arms and he pulled her close to him affectionately. After a few moments, Marcus pulled back.


“Go on now. Go nail more people with paintballs.” Elenore giggled, and she turned and ran off and did just that. Marcus shook his head smiling, and he stood up and went over to inspect the gate, completely missing the worried glances Elenore was casting him behind his back.