- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
It was co-written with both Nikki & Lenni.
Enjoy =)
Chapter Twenty Nine



“So where to Spencer? Should we go find those little girls I told you about?” Ashley questioned the little boy in her arms as Nick had taken her hand and brought her out of Kori’s room.


“Okay,” Spencer replied. “What are their names?” he asked curiously.


“Dakota and Elenore,” Ashley answered. When they reached the Orphanage they noticed that the kids were just now being let out of the cafeteria and they also ran into Riley and Brian.


“Hey Ri, hey Bri. Do you know where Kota and Elenore are?” Nick questioned. Riley and Brian looked at them. When they saw Spencer in Ashley’s arms they raised their eyebrow. They know all about Spencer because Ashley told them, but they’ve never seen him before.


“This is my adorable nephew Spencer,” Ashley introduced. “Spencer these are my friends Brian and Riley. They’re real nice people.”


“Awww, he’s cute. He looks just like his mommy.” Riley commented.


“Yes, isn’t he lucky.” Ashley replied sarcastically.


“Yup, you and him both baby,” Nick teased and Ashley narrowed her eyes at him.


“Zip it you,” She replied, rolling her eyes at him.


“So anyway, where are Kota and Ellie?” Nick asked again, wrapping his arm around Ashley and hugging her close.


“Kevin just took them out to the playground. Ellie is still a little upset about earlier’s incident with her parents so they’re on a mission to cheer her up.”


“Oh, okay.”


“Why?” Brian asked curiously.


“Just curious about where my daughter is for one and two Ash wants to introduce Spencer to them.”


“Ooh cool,” Brian replied grinning. Nick nodded and then began to lead Ashley out onto the playground. Brian and Riley followed. When they got out there they found Kevin, Elenore, and Dakota in the sandbox - Elenore still sitting in Kevin’s lap. They walked over to them and the three of them looked up at Nick, Ashley, Brian, Riley, and Spencer. The two girls eyed the little boy in Ashley’s arms curiously - Dakota especially. She’s never seen him around before. Who is he?


“Hey Ashee, who’s he?” Dakota asked curiously. Ashley smiled at her and sat down in the sandbox next to her.


“This is my nephew Spencer. He’s going to be staying here for awhile. He’s five years old and he’s looking for a couple of friends to help him feel more welcome here. Do you know anyone who’s willing to do that?”


“I wills!” Dakota immediately volunteered. “Me an’ Ellie wills! Huh Ellie?” Dakota asked, looking to her friend who was still sitting there looking at Spencer. She was caught in a daze. He’s kinda cute was what she was thinking.


“Ellie?” Dakota asked curiously, not getting why her friend was so quiet. But all the adults around them were suddenly grinning as they understood.


“How long is he staying?” Elenore suddenly spoke up, looking up at Ashley curiously.


“I don’t know sweetie, hopefully for a really long time.” Ashley answered, and she really did hope that. She truly does hope that her sister is going to stick around like she promises. She doesn’t want her to leave. She doesn’t want to lose her again. She may not show it but she loves her sister and she’s missed her while she was gone and she’ll lose it completely if she walks out of her life again.


“Do you like’s Ninja Turtles, Spencer?” Elenore asked curiously.


“Yeah, I loves them.” Spencer answered, suddenly grinning.


“Me too!!! Me an’ Kota likes to play Ninja Turtles. Huh Kota?”


“Uh-huhs! An’ we even have a real live shredder to beats up too!” Dakota answered. Nick chuckled a bit as he knows exactly who she is talking about.


“There will be no beating up on Josh honey.” Dakota scowled.


“You wanna plays Ninja Turtles, Spencer?” Elenore asked eagerly.


“How do we plays that?” Spencer asked curiously.


“We got’s masks an’ everything!” Dakota answered excitedly. “Ellie is Raph, I’m Donnie…who do you wanna be?”


“Umm… Mikey!”


“Okay, come on lets go gets our masks then.” Elenore suggested. The three kids got up and Dakota, Elenore, and Spencer began to look for their masks. When they found them they began to set up their game of Ninja Turtles. Kevin grinned.


“Thanks Ash, I thought I would never get her to let me go and cheer up.”


“No problem,” Ashley answered. “Glad I could be of some assistance.”


“So where is Kori anyway? How come you have Spencer with you?” Brian asked curiously, as he sat there petting Tyke who laid comfortably across his lap napping as he sat in the sandbox.


“Who knows…” Ashley sighed. “She left with her friends to do some shopping. She asked me to baby sit for her and stuff.”


“Well it’s cool that you’re able to get to know your nephew though isn’t it?” Kevin questioned.


“Yeah… I just don’t like the idea of her not being here. I just remember her leaving me and stuff… and I’m scared she’s going to do it again.”


“She’s not going anywhere honey, I promise. She loves you… and plus she left her son here with you. Do you really think she’d leave her son here?” Nick asked.


“No…your right I’m sorry… I’m trying real hard to let go of the past but its just so hard…”


“I know honey, I know it’s hard but - “


“No you don’t know!” Ashley snapped, tears suddenly falling from her eyes. “You don’t know what it’s like losing a sister and then parents all in one month and being completely alone! …and then being raped and tormented for the next five years of my life! You don’t…” Nick sighed, and then gently pulled Ashley into his lap cradling her. He hugged her close and kissed her forehead.


“Maybe not in that sense…but I do know that you’re hurting inside right now. I do know that you’re struggling with letting the past go, and struggling to forgive your sister, and struggling with many other things, I know. And I feel so horrible that you’re going through such a hard time and it hurts me that you’re hurting. When you hurt I hurt baby…and I wish I understood I really do. I‘m really trying to you know.” Ashley didn’t reply, she only slid her arms around his neck and rested her head against his shoulder as he kissed her forehead and he rocked her gently in his arms.


“Dr. Huang is going to be coming to talk to Elenore in a little bit Kev,” Riley spoke softly after a few moments of silence.


“What? why?” Kevin asked protectively, and Riley began to explain the whole story to him. While the grownups sat in the sandbox talking, Elenore, Dakota, and Spencer played happily together for about an hour, and then suddenly Detective Stabler and Dr. Huang came out onto the playground. Detective Stabler and Dr. Huang talked to the adults for a few minutes, before Kevin called Elenore over.


"Ellie, come here, please!" Kevin called. Elenore paused her game, in the midst of her ninja kick.


"Can I's finish beatin' Rocksteady firsts, Kevy?" Kevin smiled.


“Alright. But hurry up." Elenore flashed him a smile and went about fighting her imaginary foe.


"HIYAH!!!!" She shouted, as she kicked and punched the air a few more times. "Run Mikey! Run!" Spencer pretended to break free of his non-existent captor and ran as though there was actually somebody after him.


"C'mon guys!" Dakota quickly turned and ran after Spencer, as did Elenore. Once they were back under the play structure, safely tucked away from view, whispering was heard and finally Elenore popped out and made her way over to Kevin. She eyed the two new strange men cautiously, and quickly ran past them and into Kevin's awaiting arms. Kevin hugged Elenore, then pulled back a little, staying crouched down at her height.


"Ellie, these nice men are Detective Stabler and Dr. Huang. They're going to ask you some questions, then you can go back and play, okay?"


"Will you stays withs me?" Elenore asked hopefully, grasping his shirt in a tiny fist. Kevin looked up at Dr. Huang.


"Well, it'd be better to talk to her alone," Dr. Huang began. "But given the fact that she had a traumatizing experience earlier, if it makes her comfortable enough to talk, you're welcome to be in the room." Elenore cocked her head to the side. This Doctor guy sure talked an awful lot - she just hoped he didn't have needles up his sleeve or something horribly scary like that. Kevin nodded, and smiled at the little one that stood before him.


"Of course Ellie, I'm not going to leave you alone. Promise." Elenore gave him a grateful smile in return, and Kevin stood up offering her his hand - which she eagerly took.


"Raphie wills be backs in a bits!" She called out to her friends. "He gotta goes talks to Splinter!" Dakota and Spencer both giggled, as they spoke in unison.


"Oooh....." Elenore rolled her eyes as if it was no big deal, though she was really just still pretending to be Raphael and trying to remain in character for their game. Kevin followed Dr. Huang and Detective Stabler up into Elenore's room - a room where she could feel safe and relaxed. Kevin sat upon the bed and pulled Elenore into his lap, knowing she'd want to sit there anyway. Detective Stabler smiled.


"I'll be right outside the door guarding it, if you need me just call, okay?" He'd crouched down to Elenore's level to talk to her. He had kids - he knew how it was done. Elenore nodded, liking him almost immediately. He might look a bit scary, but she could tell he was just as nice as her Kevy.


"Kay." Detective Stabler stood back up, and stepped outside the room to take his post right next to the door. Once Detective Stabler had stepped out, Dr. Huang began his interview.


"Hi, Elenore. I'm Dr. Huang," he began. "I'm going to ask you a few questions and I'll need you to answer them as best you can, okay?"


"Kay," Elenore nodded, snuggling into Kevin a bit more.


"What is your name," Dr. Huang asked. Elenore frowned as she paused to think a moment. "Elenore...Edna...Reena...Irvy...Emily Ellerbee....?" She looked up at Kevin, not sure if she'd her name correct or not. There was just so many names for her to remember - too many. Kevin smiled and explained.


"It's rather long. It's Elenore Edna Reena Irene Elaina Ellerbee." Dr. Huang nodded, smiling.


"No wonder you have trouble with it. That's the longest name I've ever heard!" Elenore ducked her head some, blushing slightly.


"How old are you Elenore?" Dr. Huang questioned.


"Five," Elenore answered softly. "Birthday was last month." Dr. Huang nodded.


"What's your favorite show?"


"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" Elenore exclaimed, without hesitation. Kevin chuckled, as did Detective Stabler, who was still out in the hallway. Dr. Huang nodded.


"And who are your friends?"


"Kota an' Spencer!" Elenore replied enthusiastically. "But rights now they're Donnie an' Mikey, an' I’m Raph....buts shhh.....can'ts let evil Shredder finds out.....He could be hidin' nearby....."


"And who is this Shredder, you speak of?" Dr. Huang wanted to know.


"Josh," Elenore scowled. "He mean to Kota, so I's gots to beateds him ups." Dr. Huang nodded.


"Now, the questions are going to get a little harder. Tell me about your Mommy and Daddy. Are they nice people?" Elenore's eyes went wide and she leaned back into Kevin more, no longer enthusiastic about the questions.


"No....." She answered quietly. "They meanies....." Kevin took hold of her hands, that were in her lap, and held them in a comforting way, his arms still around her. Elenore clung tightly to Kevin's hands as Dr. Huang went on.


"How are they mean?" Dr. Huang interrogated.


"They hurteds me an' do meanie stuffs," Elenore whispered, squirming some in Kevin's lap. She was becoming rather uncomfortable with the questioning, and feared her father was nearby listening in. He'd be awful mad if he knew she was telling on him and Mommy.


"They lockeds me up an' not gives me anything to eats fer while," Elenore continued, her eyes downcast and nervous. "An' Daddy.....Daddy gots a belt that hurteds me lots.....An' Mommy.....Mommy nots nice...." She shuddered, unable to go on and explain that more, nor did she want to have to explain it more.


"Did anybody other than Mommy and Daddy ever hurt you?" Dr. Huang queried. Elenore shook her head no.


"Daddy wouldn'ts lets that evil man who hurteds Ashee near me......He tried once an' Daddy beateds him ups....." She gave a small, timid proud smile at that. That was the one time her Daddy had fulfilled his hero status in her eyes. He'd saved her from that evil man who wanted to hurt her more than ever, but Daddy wouldn't let him. Daddy had saved her and given her a chocolate to keep quiet. He wasn't bad all the time - even if he would be mad she told on him.


"Mommy meaner," she suddenly stated, wanting to protect her Daddy some - even if he had tried to take her away from Kevin earlier. Besides, Daddy wasn't with her all the time - Mommy was. Dr. Huang nodded, scribbling some notes down on his pad of paper.


"Do you know your Daddy's name?" Elenore squirmed more. She shouldn't - she couldn't - she wouldn't....


"Sean....Mommy calleds him that." Kevin's eyebrows shot up in surprise - so Ashley had been right. Elenore's father was Sean - the man who lived to torture her and give her endless nightmares. Dr. huang nodded some more, scribbling more notes down.


"Where did Daddy go if he wasn't with you? Do you know?" Elenore shook her head like crazy. She kind of knew, but not really.


"Elliot!" She cried, knowing his name as he'd told it to her on the way up to her room. Elliot entered the room, smiling.


"All done now?" Elenore nodded like crazy, as she still squirmed about in Kevin's lap.


"How about you and I go see about some ice cream?" Detective Stabler suggested, sensing her uneasiness and knowing Kevin wanted to talk to Dr. Huang and the others. Elenore looked skeptical.


"Can Kota an' Spencer comes withs us?"


"Sure!" Detective Stabler agreed readily. "C'mon. Let's go get Donatello and Michelangelo, so that they can join Raphael and Master Splinter for ice cream." Elenore's face lit up at that. He knew Ninja Turtles! She looked up at Kevin worriedly, to ensure it was okay to go off with Elliot. Kevin smiled and kissed her nose.


"Go on," he told her. "He's a good guy. I'll be right behind you." Elenore squirmed enough so that she was on her knees in his lap, and gave his cheek a sloppy kiss.


"Loves you, Kevy," she smiled.


"Love you too, Ellie," Kevin beamed, as he helped her down. "Be good."


"I wills!" Elenore exclaimed, eagerly running for Detective Stabler. "C'mon Master Splinter! Ice cream's a waitin'!" Detective Stabler nodded to Kevin and Dr. Huang, then led little Raphael - who still had the mask on - downstairs and out to the playground to fetch Donatello and Michelangelo. Kevin and Dr. Huang weren't far behind, as they had to talk to the other adults immediately.


~*~*~*~*~


“What are we doing here Kor? I thought you said we were going to the mall.” Chris interrogated, as Kori pulled the car up to a driveway and stopped.


“I just have to visit someone real quick….I’ll be quick. We’ll go to the mall afterwards.” Kori answered, as she shut the car off.


“who are you visiting?” Isabel asked curiously, as she suddenly noticed a strange look in her eyes.


“Just…someone…” Kori answered. “You three wait here in the car. I won’t be long I promise.“ She told them before opening the door and getting out of the car. She slammed the door shut behind her and headed toward the house. When she got up to the door she knocked and stood there waiting. After a few moments the door opened, and there stood Scott Jackson, her ex boyfriend, and the father of her son.


“Kori? What are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to be in a hospital and injured severely?”


“I was in the hospital no thanks to you!” Kori replied angrily, and she shoved Scott into his house, inviting herself in before slamming that door behind her too. She is pissed and he will definitely know this. She knows he lives alone and there will be absolutely no one coming to his rescue. “But now I am better,” She added. “And very much capable of kicking your ass!”


“Wait Kor you -”


“-So tell me something Scott. How’d you know that I was in the hospital?” She interrogated, walking toward him angrily as he walked backward intimidated. He knows Kori is never anyone that you mess with - EVER. She will kick your ass if you get on her bad side. “Did Sean tell you this?”


“Everybody knows that you were in the hospital Kor! He put it on his website and he’s been bragging about it to everybody he sees. There isn’t anyone that doesn’t know.”


“Is that so?”


“Yes.” Kori stared him down for a moment with a dangerous glare. She is ready to beat him to a bloody pulp if she should need to, if he should say the wrong thing.


“Well I think you’re lying to me.” She informed him, and she once again shoved him. He staggered back a little bit but managed to keep his balance.


“What the hell Kor-”


“I think that you’re lying to me, and I think that you’re working with Sean.”


"Kori, you need to calm down." Kori let out an almost sinister laugh.


"Calm down? You want ME to CALM DOWN?!"


"I'm not working with Sean, I swear! Why can't you believe me?" Scott pleaded.


"I'm not stupid Scott; I know not to trust you anymore." Scott finally backed away and landed against the wall. "Kori, please. I would never set you up! I care too much about y-"


"BULLSHIT!" Kori's left fist connected with Scott's jaw faster than he could blink and his head whipped to the side. "Don't fucking lie to me. If you CARED about me you wouldn't have ever left me!"

"Would I have called you to tell you about your sister?! I know how much she means to you!" He held his jaw. "If you're working with Sean you would have to call me. How am I supposed to believe that?"


"C'mon, please!" Scott stepped forward, reaching his hand out. Kori's hand flashed out again and connected with his face in a slap.


"Shut UP! Give me reasons to believe more or you're getting the fucking beating of your LIFE!"


"KORI, please. Hear me out. I only knew about Ashley because of Sean's website. I swear!" Her hand flexed and released.


"Why the hell do you go to that bastard's website?"


"Kori pleas-" A small slap came in contact with his face.


"TELL ME WHY!"


"BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU'RE OKAY AND AWAY FROM SEAN!!" Scott yelled with pain in his eyes.


"Bullshit" Scott looked at Kori.


"I love you, and I would rather die than think of Sean getting to you."


"Okay that IS fucking bullshit." Kori took a step in his direction. "You don't LOVE me. If you loved me you would be with me and Spencer right now, we'd be a fucking happy family! I LOVED YOU. I wanted to raise a child with you, but you didn't want to be a father. You don't love me, so DON'T EVER say that you do." Kori punched Scott in the eye this time and spat in his face.


"KORI!"


"That was for breaking my heart. This is for leaving Spencer without a father." She gave another blow to his face. "This is for leading me to believe Ashley was in trouble." Two punches were thrown at his face and landed on his nose and lip, causing both to bleed. Scott let out a moan and groan, sinking to the floor.


"STOP IT! I really didn't know about Ashley, I just saw the fucking website!"



"Scott-"


"NO! Kori fucking listen to me. I'm sorry what I did to you in the past but I never stopped caring about you. I check on Sean every once in awhile to see he's not up to anything, but mostly because of you. If he were ever to mention you I would go after him. I can't have him getting to you. It would break me…" His voice barely came out in a whisper and something in Kori's heart panged. She was remembering their time together and how much she loved him. Maybe he was telling the truth?


"How and I'm supposed to believe that? Honestly. What is there to make me trust you?"


"Believe me when I tell you that I love you. You know I do, in your heart you know I do. If I only KNEW what Sean really had planned, I would have been after him myself instead of calling you about Ashley! I truly thought he had her, and I know how much you love her and how much it hurt you to leave her behind. It was for her safety… and I thought that you still wanted her safe… I knew you would want to know if she was in that situation…"


"You're right, I would want to know." Kori looked away. Scott touched his nose and winced.


"You know, you pack a meaner punch now. I think you broke my nose."


"Good." Kori glared, but not as harshly.


"Kori, babe, please you've got to believe me." Kori sighed, kicking him in the leg slightly.


"I do, I guess… something in your eyes. But I still really wanna kick your ass for what you've done to Spencer."


"I know, and I'm sorry for that. But there was NO way I would've been a good father. I still wouldn't be." Scott sighed. "But do you think I could, maybe, see him?"


"WHAT?! Oh no. There's no way I'm going to let you see him, you wanted nothing to do with him!"


"You wouldn't have to tell him who I was. I just want to see him."


"You can see a fucking picture…" She glared again, the anger starting to take over. Scott moaned as he moved his head.


"Please, don't hit me anymore. Please." A knock was heard at the door and Kori noticed out the window that is was Isabel.


"Shit…" She mumbled as Isabel knocked again. "Do you need help up?" Scott nodded, pain written all over his face. His nose was bleeding, his lip was busted and there were bruises forming on his eye and jaw.


"I'm sorry… kind of." Kori said as she hauled him off the floor.


"It's fine, I deserved SOME of it. But please think about letting me see Spencer while you're here. Please." Kori nodded, turning towards the door as she heard Isabel knock again. "I'll think about it." And with that she was out the door, apologizing to Isabel for the long wait.