- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter Three-Hundred-Thirty-Four




“She what? She thinks they have Nick Carter also?” The Detective who belongs to the NYPD questioned one out of the two witnesses that they have – the Backstreet Fan who had seen the whole thing happening in front of her.


“Yeah, Sean was threatening her. He told her that Nick was counting on her to behave and as soon as he said those words she was willing to do anything he asked her to. I think they have Nick and he is using him to get her to do everything he tells her to without question. She’s protecting him.”


“Well rest assured Bianca that they don’t have Nick. He was lying to her.”


“Really?” Bianca asked, relief washing over her.


“Really. He was however, admitted into the hospital last night after they knocked him out with a baseball bat in order to kidnap her.”


“Oh my god…” Bianca spoke softly and her hand flew to her mouth. “Is he going to be all right?”


“I just spoke with AJ McLean earlier and he says that he is. He just has a concussion and has to be kept in the hospital for a couple of days for close watch.”


“That’s horrible! Those poor kids…both Ashley and Nick…”


“That is another reason why we need as much information as possible.”


“Well I told you everything I know. I’ll be happy to help in anyway that I can.”


“Even if that means relocating you to Florida?” Bianca looked confused.


“Huh?”


“As I’m sure you already know, Nick and Ashley live in Florida so this isn’t really my case. We’re doing as much as we can in our state but Detective Stabler has more information then us. Anyway, the point is, he wants you to go to Florida so he can question you. Brilliant Detective, he has a big heart, he’s done great things - I know him well. But, he’s very territorial about his cases, soooo…”


“I said I would help out in anyway that I could Detective Greenwood, but money doesn’t grow on trees here…”


“Yeah I understand that which is why we’re willing to provide the transportation for you. You are a witness you know, so you are going to need our protection. If you are willing to do this we will get you to Florida.”


“How will I be getting there?”


“By a private jet. It’s the fastest way to go and very shortly here there isn’t going to be a way in to Florida by car. Thanks to Ashley’s brilliance they’ve been warned about Sean and Trevor’s arrival and they’re taking immediate action.”


“Okay, I’ll do it” Bianca decided.


“Great. I’ll escort you to your house so you can pack whatever you need but keep in mind that you need to do it quickly.”


“Of course,” Bianca replied and she allowed Detective Greenwood to lead her out of the station.



~*~*~*~*~*~


Meanwhile back in Florida, Aaron who had been on the phone with AJ for about thirty minutes with Angel clinging to his side with tears streaming down her cheeks, turned his phone off and threw it across the room feeling many emotions at once. He is an emotional wreck over his future sister-in-law, terrified for his brother, and he can feel the hatred for Sean and Trevor burning inside him. On top of all of that he feels very powerless just standing there in the Orphanage and not being able to do a thing about any of it. Just then, Conner walked into the room.


“Hey guys…what’s the news on Nick? Is he all right?” Aaron looked up at him, the rage growing inside of him at the sight of Conner.


“Yeah he’s gonna be okay,” Angel was the one to answer. She rubbed at her eyes in a failed attempt to make the tears stop falling. “He has a concussion and has to be kept in the hospital for a couple of days for close observation, but other then that, he’s fine.”


“That’s good…what about Ashley?” Conner asked feeling relieved somewhat.


“She was spotted at the gas station in Florida by a fan. She managed to sneak information to the man behind the counter that she was kidnapped and that they were bringing her here. Detective Stabler says they’re taking immediate action.”


“That’s good news…maybe they’ll be able to close down the entrances to Florida and catch them just as they’re trying to enter,” Conner suggested.


“And what if they don’t Conner?” Aaron spoke up for the first time. “Then what? They’re just going to take her back to their hiding place – the hiding place that you know about and torture her to death. How does that sit well on your conscious?”


“Aaron…” Angel tried.


“Shut up Angel. Answer my question Conner, Id really like to know.”


“I do not know about their hiding place!”


“You’re lying! And I am not taking it anymore. You are going to start being honest with us. You are going to start being honest with Angel, and Detective Stabler, and everybody! People have gotten hurt, Ashley is gone and you’re hiding information to protect your own ass!”


“I won’t put up with this!” Conner insisted, and he turned and headed for the door.


“You are NOT walking away before Angel hears the truth!” Aaron shouted, before running after him and cutting him off just in front of the door. “My brother has a concussion, Ashley is very close to being tortured to death if they haven’t already started doing so, and you are worrying about nothing BUT yourself!”


“I am NOT worrying about nothing but myself!” Conner shouted through tears all of the sudden causing Angel to look taken aback. “I’m worrying about ROSALIE! She is the only thing that matters to me in this world!” Aaron growled, and shoved Conner back forcefully.


“Well MY brother means everything in the world to ME and HIS whole world is missing and needs help, and YOU are going to step up and do something about it RIGHT now!” He told him, poking him in the chest after each word he emphasized.


“Like hell I am! I am not doing anything to jeopardize my sister’s life!”


“What? Conner you…you can’t seriously be telling me that Aaron is right about this can you?” Conner turned and looked at Angel for the first time and it killed him to see the pain in her eyes. It kills him knowing that he is about to hurt her. But he has no choice. He loves Angel, and she means so much to him and he’d do just about anything for her but Rosalie comes first always. Rosalie is his sister. He has to protect her.


“I’m sorry Angel…” he whispered and a single tear rolled down her cheek. Aaron’s fury intensified at the sight.


“You’re going to be even more sorry if you don’t confess right now,” Aaron warned in a low dangerous voice.


“I can’t. We all do things we aren’t proud of to protect the ones we love.”


“Conner please…” Angel pleaded tearfully. “If you love me at all you will tell us where Sean is hiding.”


“I do love you Angel…more then you know. But I’ve loved Rosalie longer and I have a duty to protect her.”


“Detective Stabler promised to keep her safe!” Angel told him fiercely. “He’s never backed down on a promise! Ever!”


“He also promised to keep Ashley safe didn’t he?”


“And he is still working on that no thanks to you!” Aaron spoke up again.


“I can’t.” Aaron grabbed Conner by the shirt then and he turned him around and shoved him hard against the door.


“Aaron, no!” Angel sobbed and she grabbed at his arm only to have him shove her away.


Stay out of it Angel!” He narrowed his eyes at Conner then, and lifted his fist to punch him.


“You are going to tell me where Sean is hiding or not only will I give you a black eye but I will tell Detective Stabler you’re holding information from him! And Angel will back me up.” Angel didn’t argue about the fact that Aaron is telling her what to do this time. If it comes down to it, no matter how much she loves Conner, she will do what she has to, to save Ashley.


“Conner please,” Angel pleaded more, moving so she was making eye contact with him. “If you tell us Detective Stabler will finally be able to put Sean behind bars and Rosalie will be fine. You two could live a normal life.” Conner looked at Angel in return and he saw the pleading look in her eyes. He saw the pain. God how he wishes he could just hold her and make it all better. He doesn’t deserve her.


“How can you be so sure?” Conner wanted to know, ignoring Aaron and talking directly to Angel.


“You haven’t seen Detective Stabler in action…he does great things Con.” Conner looked at her for a couple of moments, and then tears rolling down his cheeks he answered their question.


“At Trevor’s Lake House…in the woods…its about a ten minute walk from Sean’s old trailer. I don’t remember the address.”


“Are you lying?”


“No I’m not I swear on Rosalie’s life I’m not lying.” Aaron eyed him for a couple of moments, and then let him go. Conner moved toward Angel. He reached to cup her cheek in his hand but she stepped back, looking as if she doesn’t know him at all.


“Angel please…”


“Leave me alone,” Angel told him while sniffling and she moved past him and stormed out of the room. Conner turned and went after her and Aaron went over and retrieved his phone so he could pass the news onto Detective Stabler. As he pressed the number 2 speed dial button he felt so much better then he did since he got off the phone with AJ. Having been able to help lifted a huge weight off of his shoulders. And he didn’t even have to beat him up for the answer. Nick would be so proud.



~*~*~*~*~*~



“Kori what are you doing?” Wiley wanted to know as he watched his girlfriend move about the room packing things. Kori looked at him briefly at the sound of his voice before going back to what she was doing, her eyes clouded with tears. Wiley watched her for a couple of moments more, and then he went over and gently grabbed her shoulders and he turned her to face him.


“Kori, love. Talk to me. What are you doing?”


“I’m going after my sister. Its me he wants not her! I’m gonna go give him what he wants.”


“Over my dead body!”


“Wi don’t even try and stop me. I’m going.”


“Like hell you aren’t! Do you not remember what happened the last time you ran off to play hero Kori??”


“I don’t care! Maybe this time he will actually succeed in killing me and then this can all be over” Kori insisted. Wiley shook his head.


“You aren’t going,” he told her firmly and he gently moved her to the side before going over to her suitcase and taking everything out.


“NO! Stop that, I need that stuff!” Kori snapped while rushing over and grabbing at his arms but he turned and grabbed hers instead and gently forced her to look at him.


“Knock it off RIGHT now Kori! Do you not realize how irrational you are being? You are going to get yourself killed!”


“Maybe I wanna die!” Kori shouted through sobs. “Maybe I wanna go die a long side my sister! It would be a whole lot better then sitting here in this safe hotel knowing that its happening!” suddenly overcome with emotion, Kori dropped to her knees crying causing Wiley to drop with her as he still held onto her. “It’s all my fault Wiley, its all my fault” She told him and he enveloped her in his arms and hugged her close to him as she buried her face in his chest. He rocked her in his arms and began whispering soothing words in her ear.



~*~*~*~*~*~



“FUCK!” Sean cursed loudly as he watched Trevor near the entrance to Florida only to find that there are police and construction signs blocking the way. “FUCK, FUCK, FUCK! How did they know we were on our way to Florida?”


“Maybe they just figured it out…” Max suggested.


“I don’t think so. They were tipped off.” Right after Sean made that statement, he turned and looked at Ashley with the most deadliest look she’s ever seen.


“It was YOU wasn’t it?”


“No it wasn’t!” Ashley insisted, shaking her head tearfully. “I haven’t talked to anybody!”


“Oh yes you have! You spoke with that man in the gas station, didn’t you?”


“No,” Ashley shook her head again. “I didn’t! I obeyed!” Sean laughed, but it was not at all a friendly one. “You are so stupid woman. And now you’re going to pay for it. Trev, turn around.”


“Why?”


“Just do it!” Sean ordered. Without anymore question, Trevor turned and started driving the other way knowing he very well couldn’t go forward anyway.


“Where am I going?” he asked after a couple of moments.


“Just drive. I will tell you when to stop” Sean ordered and Trevor obeyed. Ashley sat in the back next to Max with tear stained cheeks and she looked around at her surroundings hoping to god that he isn’t planning to do what she fears he’s going to do. They drove for twenty minutes until suddenly Sean told Trevor to pull into another Gas Station. Trevor did as he was told while giving his lover confused looks. When they found an empty gas tank and stopped net to it, Sean gave his next command.


“Everybody out.” Trevor opened the door and got out. Max opened his, grabbed Ashley by the arm and yanked her out with him before shutting the door. Sean looked at the car at the gas tank behind there’s and saw that it was empty but the owner stupidly left the door open while he went inside.


“Get her in that car – Trev, stay here to help me” Sean ordered before going over and grabbing the thing you use to fill your car up with gas with and he started pouring gasoline all over the car they were just in. Ashley caught on rather quickly and her heart stopped.


“NO!!!!!!!” She shrieked. “NO!!!!!! I DIDN’T DO IT, I DIDN’T DO IT!” Max dragged her to the car kicking and screaming and when he got her to it, he shoved her in the back seat and got in with her before covering her mouth with the bandana he was using to gag her with earlier causing her scream to be muffled. She thrashed around crying as she tried so desperately to get out of the car and stop Sean from what he is about to do. When he decided the car was covered with enough gasoline he looked at Trevor who already had his lighter out. He pushed down on the button causing the flame to come out and he lit the car on fire. After doing this, he and Sean ran to the other car as the one they just lit on fire was slowly burning. Trevor jumped in the driver’s seat, and Sean got in the passenger seat. They skillfully hot-wired the car and then Trevor sped off. Max let go of Ashley enough that she could sit on her knees and peer out the back window and just as she did the car that they abandoned at the gas station blew up into flames.


“NO!!!!!!” Ashley shrieked as she witnessed her entire world burst into flames. She leaned against the back seat, rested her head on it and broke down into sobs, crying her little heart out, as she believed Sean’s cruel lie. That Nick was in that trunk and was now gone forever because she was stupid and gave the person at the gas station hints. It’s all her fault.