- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter Three-Hundred-Forty



“Nick bring her out of there, that water is probably freezing and she’s got nothing on” Kori insisted after awhile when the reunited couple had stopped kissing and were just standing there holding onto each other. Nick planted a kiss on Ashley’s forehead and then did as Kori said and brought Ashley out of the water causing AJ to immediately wrap a blanket around her. Ashley turned and leaned into AJ causing him to wrap his arms around her and hug her close to him affectionately.


“Are you okay Alex?” she asked him emotionally.


“Mhm, I’m more then okay now that we’ve found you,” he reassured her as she felt Kori wrap her arms around her from behind.


“You had me so worried…when he shot you…and you weren’t moving…”


“Did you really think I would let them come in here unprotected Ash?” Detective Stabler asked in a playful tsk tsk kind of way.


“If Nick hadn’t been so damn impulsive the bulletproof vests wouldn’t have been needed” AJ insisted.


“I wasn’t being impulsive, I knew exactly what I was doing. I was getting my baby since nobody else was gonna do it.”


“And nearly got yourself killed in the process. If I didn’t have quick impulses Carter…”


“And if I didn’t have quick impulses,” AJ added. “I’m the one with the bruise in the stomach here.”


“Speaking of bruises,” Detective Benson spoke up. “Aje you should really take your sister out to the ambulance so they can have her looked over.”


“And then maybe to someone at Ramsey who could really look her over…” Detective Stabler added giving AJ a pointed look.


“You don’t have to do that,” Ashley insisted, looking at them all with a small smile like she has a story that they have yet to hear.


“Why not baby?” Nick wanted to know.


“Because I didn’t let Sean touch me in that way – he tried, but I caught him unaware and hurt him pretty badly – you should’ve seen it.” Nick and AJ raised their eyebrows.


“Well now you are really going to have to tell us that story,” Kori insisted. “While you are being checked on at the ambulance though” She added while gently taking her from AJ and guiding her out to the ambulance and everybody else followed suit the Detectives being able to relax since Detective Benson had sent Max to the station with Detective Munch. Now that things have somewhat calmed down now with Ashley though, Detective Stabler allowed his mind to wander to Elenore, though she’s been in the back of it ever since he heard from Howie about her kidnapping. He wonders if Sean is handling everything okay and taking very good care of his little Detective for him. For his sake he had better be.



~*~*~*~*~



“DADDY!!!!!!!!!! I WANTS MY DADDY!!!!!!!!” Elenore shrieked for the umpteenth time as she sat tied to the chair in the basement that the kidnappers left her in, her voice threatening to go out on her. She was a ninja! Ninjas weren't supposed to get caught! So how was it everyone always seemed able to grab her ever so easily? Stupid foolish ninja she was - even when she was doing things the right way, trouble seemed to find her. And it seemed these people knew how to tie kids up, as they'd tied both her feet separately, so she couldn't get free. Unlike her Daddy, they were good at tying. Though, maybe her Daddy had wanted her to escape? She shrugged slightly, not sure of anything anymore. "I WANTS MY DADDY!" She wailed once more, tears in her eyes. She was trying her hardest not to cry. She had to be Raphael and Raphael didn't cry. Well, he did once, but never when he was captured. He was smart-alecky and knew how to handle the situation. But then again, Raphael wasn't five-years-old.


"SHUT-UP YOU FUCKING BRAT!" A voice roared down at her from above. "IF I HAFTA COME DOWN THERE AN' MAKE YA, YOU'RE GONNA REGRET IT!"


"AN' MY DADDY WILL MAKES YOU REGRETS THAT!" Ellie screamed back, loud as she could. She didn't say which Daddy, though it didn't matter - she knew they both would. They'd both do anything to protect her and that knowledge alone made her feel a bit better - just a bit. She heard thunderous footsteps then, as the evil man who'd captured her came running down angrily. She shrunk some, wishing she'd a shell to duck her head into at the moment, so she wouldn't have to see him.


"When I tell you to shut-up you will shut-up!" He shouted at her.


"Quentin, man, yellin' at her isn’t gonna shut her up," Cameron piped up, as he reached the bottom of the stairs.


"If that won't, then this will!" Quentin growled, yanking Elenore up off the chair just enough that her bottom hung over it - though, she remained attached to it still. He ripped his belt off, lowered her pants and underwear, and began to spank. "SHUT - THE - FUCK - UP!" Ellie howled loudly, and squirmed as best she could, as she received a lickin'. She hadn't been spanked like this since the Disney World catastrophe. The last time her Daddy - Sean - had spanked her, it had been with his bare hand, and that had hurt enough as it was!


"MY-DADDY'S-GONNA-KILLS-YOU-FER-THIS!" Ellie managed to get out between yelps and wails.


"No he's not," Quentin replied. "He has no idea where we are, and if he did, well, we're prepared."


"How much you want to make a bet?" An angry voice sneered suddenly. Quentin and Cameron whirled about, as they hadn't expected Sean to come so soon. They thought for sure he'd be torturing Ashley for at least another couple of hours.


"Daddy!" Ellie exclaimed, midst her sobs and hiccups.


"For the last time, shut-up!” Quentin shouted, back-handing Ellie across the face, causing her chair to fall over sideways with her still on it. Ellie let out a wail, fearful of the man who had captured her, and just wanting for her Daddy to take her home.


"Do that again, I dare you," Sean growled, pointing his gun at Quentin. "You of all people ought to know what happens when you mess with my daughter, Quentin."


"Boys! Get him!" Quentin shouted, instead of answering. Four men came running out with guns, shooting at Sean and Trevor who both tummy tucked and rolled out of the way of the oncoming bullets. They shot back, making sure to hit their targets.


"Ellie!" Two men went down, and suddenly four more came running in. Quentin and Cameron joined in on the shooting, though Cameron moved Ellie to the side first. He had no problem with the kid, just her father - and he'd only a problem with her father because his boss had a problem with her father. Sean and Trevor wasted no time in taking down Quentin's cronies, as they made a run for Elenore who lie facing the wall now, after Cameron had moved her. They finally reached her, and while Trevor covered him, Sean began untying his little girl. It was pretty sad that two men were beating all these thugs on their own turf. Soon as he'd freed her of the ropes bounding her, Sean gathered his little girl up into his arms protectively. "Hold onto me, and keep your eyes shut and plug your ears, Ellie," he ordered firmly. "You keep them shut and plugged until I say otherwise, otherwise that spanking he gave you will be nothing compared to the one I give you. Got it?" Ellie nodded tearfully, burying her face into her father, putting a death grip on him with her one hand. She made sure her one ear was pressed tightly into his chest, and plugged her other one with her free finger, as she squished her eyes shut tightly. Sean stood with her then, cocking his gun in his other hand and aiming it at Quentin who'd turned and aimed at him a moment before. "This ends here, you Bastard!" He growled, pulling the trigger and diving to the ground with Ellie just as Quentin did the same. Ellie screamed from the sudden movement, but kept her eyes shut and ears plugged like she'd been ordered. The bullet Quentin shot hit the wall where Sean had been just mere moments before, as the one Sean had shot off hit Quentin Square in the chest causing the man to fall to the ground in a heap. Cameron dropped his gun and started to run, while the other cronies kept shooting. There were three left out of all the ones that had run in.


"He's getting away!" Trevor shouted angrily.


"Let him go," Sean replied. "He's harmless - he never once shot that gun! Now, watch my back! I gotta get Elenore out of here!" Trevor nodded and shot the other three down as him and Sean made a run for the stairs. They hurried on up, knowing there was no one there as they'd silently killed the two that had been up there before heading on down into the basement. Soon as they were out of the house, the two of them ran into the wooded area that was nearby. Quentin's was twenty minutes away from their warehouse, so they knew they were safe - so long as they stayed in the woods and made sure to walk in some water for a bit, in case the cops showed up with kanines to track them down with. They walked for a bit, Sean carrying Elenore, whom was currently sobbing into his chest - both her little fists clinging tightly to his shirt. He'd allowed her a few moments after they'd entered the woods, to open her eyes and unplug her ears.


"Why'd you let Cameron go?" Trevor demanded. "Harmless or not, he crossed you."


"Because he moved her out of the way, alright?" Sean snapped somewhat. "He never once shot his gun off, though he'd plenty of opportunity to do so and kill me. I don't think he ever really wanted to harm her to begin with, so I decided to do him a favor. End of story."


"And making Ellie close her eyes and plugs her ears?" Trevor pressed, as they stepped into a creek and began to walk in it, so if dogs should come after them they'd lose their scent.


"She's traumatized enough, Trev! Damnit! Just let me be!" Sean snapped, hugging Ellie closer to him protectively. Trevor smirked as he watched Sean cuddle his daughter – something he rarely ever did in all of the five years he’s been a father. He likes those small acts of kindness that Sean shows every now and then without even realizing it. He tends to see it more whenever he is either alone with him, or if they have Ellie. Ellie especially brings it out in him the most. It reminds Trevor that Sean does have a heart somewhere in that body of his. Wanting to experiment a little, Trevor came up with an idea.


“Hey…Seanie?”


“What?”

“We should probably calm her down some before finding a way to take her back. That way her being upset won’t freak them out so much…”


“Can’t you see that’s what I am trying to do?” Sean snapped somewhat.


“Yeah, but I mean we should take her to a playground for a little bit…let her cool off,” Trevor hinted. Sean looked at him intrigued.


“You would do that? Risk going to a playground and getting caught?”


“Well if we went to a small one that hardly anyone goes to…why not?” Sean looked down at Elenore and thought about Trevor’s suggestion for a moment. It would give him a chance to spend one last time with her…and really make it count so that her last memory with him would be a good one. He doesn’t want her to have all bad memories of him…he wasn’t a complete and total monster toward her and she needs to always remember that. He loves her in his own little way. He always will. Sean looked at Trevor and nodded deciding he would use this opportunity to make sure she does remember that.


“Okay,” he told him and then walked off knowing just the right playground and everything. Trevor smirked as he had seen the battle going on in Sean’s head as if he were right there in it as it was going on. He knows the way Sean’s mind works just from being an outside observer. Well…I don’t know everything Trevor reminded himself with a small frown as he still has yet to figure out why his mother is connected with Sean’s water obsession. And how Kori and Ashley fit into it as well. He just hopes he figures it out before Sean does something incredibly stupid.



~*~*~*~*~*~



Meanwhile back at the Orphanage, Nick, AJ, and Kori took Ashley home and she was greeted with hugs and kisses from everybody. Everybody except for Dakota, Sarah, and Bella who were still napping upstairs where Nick had left them. After letting everybody get a chance to welcome Ashley home Nick slid his arms around her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder as she stood there wrapped up in her blanket.


“I’m sorry you guys I know she just got here and you all missed her very much but I think Ashley wants to put some clothes on and maybe lie down for a bit. Right baby?”


“Yes and I’m hungry too…” Ashley answered as she nestled into Nick comfortably. “And thirsty…could someone maybe bring something up to me?”


“Yeah of course. What do you want sweetie? I’ll have one of the cooks make something for you” Brooke offered gently. Ashley thought about that answer for a moment trying to think of something that she really wants. With the lack of food she’s been having since the New Years Eve Party she could eat two of Jackies home made meals all by herself. After deciding on something she looked at Brooke.


“Maybe some Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup?”


“They can do that. What about something to drink?”


“No water please,” Ashley insisted and everybody noticed the slight fear in her eyes. “Dr Pepper though?”


“I’ll get that for you sweetie. Go upstairs and make yourself comfortable.” Ashley nodded and allowed Nick to take her upstairs to their room. She can already imagine how comfortable their bed is going to feel. And she cant wait to see her babies again that’s for sure. When they got up there Ashley went over to the dresser, opened up Nick’s drawer, and pulled out one of his over sized t-shirts. After doing that she opened her own drawer and got some panties and she immediately got dressed into them while Nick went over and gently gathered Bella in his arms and turned the baby monitor off knowing Denise is walking around with the other one. When Ashley was dressed and content she went over to Nick’s side and smiled some as happy tears clouded her eyes at the sight of her baby – awake for her and all.


“Hi babyyyy….” She greeted quietly causing Bella to smile big and she gently took her from Nick and held her up so that they were face to face and she planted a kiss on her forehead before bringing her close to her and hugging her. “Oh…I missed you so much…” she told Bella, wanting to cry all over again.


“Bella missed mommy very much too,” Nick informed her. “You know our sweet little angel who usually sleeps through the night without so much as one problem?”


“Mhm…”


“Well, that only happens when Mommy is near. Otherwise she screams the entire night – hence why the other two are sleeping right now. We were up all night. Denise and I actually took shifts.” Ashley looked down at Bella and she gently touched her cheek to hers lovingly before sitting down on the bed indianstyle. Nick crawled onto it next to her and after she held Bella close to her for a few moments she handed her over and looked at Dakota and then at him.


“Will you kill me if I wake them up?” she asked innocently.


“No I suppose not,” Nick chuckled. “In any other circumstance though I might” he teased. Ashley stuck her tongue out at him playfully before looking back at Dakota and she gently gathered the four year old into her arms and settled her in her lap so she was lying on one side before reaching over and doing the same with Sarah. Both girls opened their eyes at her touch and Ashley smiled down at them both tearfully.


“Ashee!” they both exclaimed at once, tears immediately flooding their eyes.


“Hi…” Ashley replied softly and she held them both close to her for a hug and Sarah broke down into sobs as she slid her arms around Ashley’s Nick and nestled into her. She held onto her with such a strong grip that you would think she’s afraid someone might try to rip her from her arms. Ashley held her tightly in return as she rocked them both and she looked at Nick concerned, wanting an explanation. She knows Sarah is the weakling out of their two girls but she didn’t expect this.


“Sarah was the first to witness the scene of the crime,” Nick explained softly. “The girls heard Bella screaming and when you didn’t calm her down Sarah made Kota stay put and then came to check…and she found me lying on the ground unconscious…AJ says she really freaked out. She didn’t talk to any of us for a day.” Ashley kissed the top of Sarah’s head and sat there rocking the two girls quietly for a long while and when Sarah finally stopped crying she lightly rested her cheek against the top of her head as she looked up at Nick.


“So…you were knocked out then and left at the hotel? Not taken by Sean?”


“No baby I wasn’t taken by Sean,” Nick answered reassuringly and he grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently. “I wasn’t in the car, I was admitted to a hospital shortly after you were taken and had a concussion. I wasn’t supposed to leave until today but I argued with the doctor until he let me out early.”


“Cause Daddy wanted to gets here quickly to help save you,” Dakota added quietly.


“Well while I appreciate that greatly, daddy should’ve stayed in the hospital to make sure he was fully okay,” Ashley told Dakota gently before narrowing her eyes at Nick some. Dakota giggled softly and Ashley looked down at her smiling some. “What are you giggling about missy?”


“Last night on the airplane daddy saids you were really good at setting him straight just when he needs it.” Nick chuckled softly.


“All right baby lets not tell Ashley everything daddy said okay?”


“Why not?” Ashley wanted to know, looking at Nick indignantly and he smirked and leaned forward and kissed her cheek. “Because I was really upset last night and I just want to enjoy having you back okay?”


“We’ll talk about what else daddy said later,” Ashley whispered in Dakota’s ear causing Nick to raise his eyebrow and Dakota to giggle.


“Not even back ten minutes and you are already ganging up on me.”


“That’s what happens when you live with a group full of women Nick,” AJ spoke from the doorway causing everybody to turn and look at him. There stood him and Brooke who was holding Ashley’s tray of food and they had heard part of the conversation. Brooke walked into the room with it then and carried the tray over to the bed and she set it down gently in front of Ashley.


“Thanks Brookie.”


“No problem sweetie. If you need anything else just let me know okay?”


“Kay.”


“Alex”


“Yeah sis?” AJ asked while sitting on the corner of the bed and looking at her.


“Will you teach me how to defend myself?” She asked softly. AJ smiled at her some, feeling very proud of her for finally coming to him.


“I thought you would never ask.”


“I don’t ever want to be that helpless again…”


“You won’t be,” AJ promised. “I’ll make sure of it. But right now you need to get some rest okay? As soon as you have your strength back we will get right to work.” Ashley nodded quietly and leaned sideways into Nick who had wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead softly and she picked up her spoon and began to enjoy the warmth and goodness of her chicken noodle soup.



~*~*~*~*~*~


Meanwhile, When Sean had managed to find a good park that didn’t have any other people on it and seemed well secluded from the outside world he set Elenore down and she looked up at him curiously.

“So…what is it that you like to do that these things?” he asked, feeling a little rusty at this. Trevor smirked and sat on a bench deciding he wanted to watch for a little bit. Elenore gave him a sidelong glance, still slightly confused since Sean has never taken her to a playground in her life. After regarding him for a couple of seconds she took hold of his hand and pulled him toward the swings.


“Push me on the swings daddy?” she asked hopefully. “Please?” she added quickly before he could get mad at her.


“Sure…” Sean agreed while allowing himself to be taken to the swings. When they got there she gave him an excited grin before climbing up into the swing and looking at him expectantly. He went behind her then and began pushing her on the swing, silently reminding himself to watch his strength. It’s been a very long time since he has had to be careful around a child. Especially around Elenore…the last time he worried about that was when she was a fragile baby.


“Do an’ under dog daddy! Please?” Elenore asked eagerly as she grinned back at him like a Cheshire cat. She can’t believe this is happening. She can’t believe that her daddy is actually playing with her!


“…What’s an underdog?” Sean wanted to know, looking directly at Trevor who had to bite back his laugh with great difficulty. He quickly stuck his hands behind his back then not wanting Sean to realize he had discovered a disposable camera on the ground that had film left in it.


“Its where you pull her swing back high above your head and run underneath it – don’t you remember that when we were kids?” Sean thought about it for a moment, and then suddenly remembered him and Trevor doing that with all of their friends in Elementary School. Sean couldn’t help but smile as one of the very little happy memories from his childhood soared through his brain. Trevor smiled as well at the sight of Sean smiling. He doesn’t do that very often – not unless Trevor actually manages to steal one from him during their time alone together. After a few moments of remembering, Sean snapped out of it and pulled Elenore up over his head before running underneath her and letting go. She soared high up into the air, squealing and giggling in delight and Trevor snapped a couple of pictures as Sean laughed with her, really, truly acting like a real person with a heart and everything. And it really looks natural too, anyone who looked at those photos would know that it wasn’t staged at all. Trevor watched Sean play and get reacquainted with his childhood through his little girl for an hour, taking pictures of the two of them every once in awhile when he thought something deserved to be remembered and then he spoke up.


“Seanie, we should probably start thinking about getting her back…I bet they’re really worried about her.”


“No, I don’ts wanna go just yet” Elenore insisted, shaking her head. Sean gently wrapped his arms around her waist then and pulled her over so she was standing in front of him.


“You have to go Ellie...that stu—silly Backstreet Boy of yours is probably worried sick about you.”


“Yeah…” Elenore agreed reluctantly. “I guess I do then…don’ts want my Kevy to be worried anymores. He takes good care of me daddy.”


“I know that Ellie, that’s why I gave you to him,” Sean told her. “He takes very good care of you that is why I need you to promise me a few things okay?”


“Kay,” Elenore nodded looking at him curiously.


“I need you to promise me that you are going to behave yourself with him. You are not to wander away from him anymore do you hear me? Or not only am I gong to come and give you the biggest spanking of your life but I am going to take you home with me and you will never see him again. Got it Elenore?”


“Got it,” Elenore answered softly, not ever wanting to be taken from her Kevy. “Buts daddy what if I sees you? What if I wants to sees you?”


“That can’t happen anymore Elenore,” Sean sighed.


“Buts—“


“Ellie listen to me,” Sean told her firmly. “You are Kevin’s daughter now okay? You have no business running off and risking your life just to see me” he told her while wiping away the tears that were forming her eyes. “I will always be around no matter what Ellie. I will always be watching over you and I am always going to help Kevin keep you safe but you have to help us out too.”


“Buts –“


“-And think about it Elenore…you want to keep me safe don’t you?” Elenore nodded tearfully. “Then it is very important that you don’t come running to me everytime you see me or you are going to blow my cover. They’ll know I am there.”


“You hafta gives Ashee back daddy an’ you haves to stop taking her – you hurts my Kota an you made her hates me” Sean gently wiped her tears away for a second time but otherwise didn’t respond to her demand.


“Just do as you are told Ellie. Run off somewhere, where that Backstreet Boy can’t see you and you’ll be in trouble. Understand?” Elenore nodded quietly not having much choice. She doesn’t want him to spank her – she’s been spanked enough for one day and she most certainly doesn’t want him to take her from Kevin. She loves her daddy and always will because he is apart of her but she does not like living with him. She does not love him when he is angry and scary.


“Good,” Sean replied. “And you have to promise me one more thing,” he added softly, causing Elenore to look at him curiously once more.


“You need to promise me that you will learn how to become the best damn detective you can be okay Elenore?” Elenore gaped at him in surprise, as did Trevor, who almost fell over from his perch on the bench.


“You wants me to learn how to puts bad guys likes you in jail?” she asked, wanting to get this crazy order he is giving her straight.


“Yes I do,” Sean answered managing not to laugh at her.


“Buts daddy that doesn’t make any sense.”


“I just want you to do the very best you can in life Ellie okay?” Sean asked seriously.


“Why?”


“Cause I said so,” Sean told her in a somewhat snappy tone. “I may be handing over my parental rights but I am still your biological father and you will do what I ask of you, got it?”


“Yes daddy,” Elenore answered softly. Sean continued to give her a hard look for a moment, and when he saw that she was serious, that she would take her promise to the grave if he asked her to the look on his face softened.


“Okay,” he told her gently before standing up and gathering her in his arms. “Let’s take you home.” He looked at Trevor then and realized something. “How are we taking her home?” Trevor chuckled softly.


“I thought we could drop her off at the police station and she could go in alone and ask for Detective Stabler. They won’t expect us there.”


“Good thinking,” Sean nodded and then started for the police station but not before Trevor could gently take Elenore from Sean and place her on his right hip. Sean looked at him curiously as he gently placed his hand to Elenore’s cheek and whispered softly in her ear.


“I will get the pictures to you some how as soon as we get them developed,” he promised and Elenore smiled up at him gratefully and gave him a hug. It would mean more then anything to her if she could have a picture of the last time she ever spent with her biological daddy. The best memory she will ever have of him.