- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter
It was co-written with Lenni
Enjoy =)
Chapter Thirty Seven



When Kevin got back to the Cafeteria he brought Elenore over to the table.


"Brian I think you should talk to Josh about what was going on earlier and ask him if he was involved," Kevin suggested.


"I did and he told me that it was all Ellie's doing."


"Well I think you should ask him again because he's lying to you," Kevin replied, and he brought Elenore over to Brian. He pulled up her pant legs so his cousin could see the bruises.


"She may be covered in bruises but I can tell you right off that these weren't there before." Brian frowned, not one bit happy about the fact he'd been lied too.


"Joshua," he said very sternly, turning to look at Josh. "Start explaining yourself, young man." Josh glanced up, and upon seeing Kevin showing off Elenore's new bruises, and hearing Brian's tone, he shrunk down in his seat.


"She started it," he said, finally.


"That's not the point," Brian replied. "I asked you, and you lied to me. Two wrongs don't make a right, Josh. Never." Kevin went back to his seat, and placed Elenore back in hers, so that they could finish their lunch - though, she quickly crawled back into his lap, so putting her down had been pointless.


"Well, tell her that the next time she wants to fights me!" Josh stated, starting to grow angry. "She starts everything and gets away with it!"


"She isn't getting away with a thing right now," Brian reminded him. "She's grounded - just like you. And if you keep acting up and lying to me, you just may well be grounded tomorrow as well."


"That's NOT fair!" Josh exclaimed, angrily shoving his plate away, causing it to fly off the table & onto the floor.


"If you're done eating and going to throw tantrums, then you might as well just go up to your room now," Brian told him. "You've both been told plenty, that fighting will NOT be tolerated. But first, pick up your plate."


"No. Make me!" Josh snapped, crossing his arms over his chest. "Yer not the boss of me!" Brian raised his eyebrows.


"That so, huh?" Josh nodded. Brian stood then, having had finished with his lunch a few minutes ago, and lifted Josh up and off his chair, setting him on his feet upon the floor. He took hold of his hand and led him around to where his plate had fallen.


"Pick it up, Joshua."


"No!" Josh yelled, trying to yank his arm free. "You let go of me! Right now!" Everyone grew quiet and turned to look then, as Josh the bully was in trouble and was with one of the Backstreet Boys - the second much, much more shocking than the first. Brian crouched down to Josh's height, never once letting go of the boy's hands - he wasn't stupid, he knew the kid would run off if he did so.


"Josh, all you have to do is pick up the plate. You're making a spectacle of yourself, right now, Buddy. You keep misbehaving and I'm going to carry you out of here, kicking and screaming if I have too, and cause an even bigger scene." Josh scowled.


"I HATE YOU!" He yelled, grabbing up his plate and throwing it back on the table - all the adults glad that they used hard plastic plates instead of ceramic ones. Brian rolled his eyes, as he stood, scooping Chance up in the process. He followed Josh out of the cafeteria and back upstairs to his room. Elenore looked up at Kevin then, a worried expression upon her small face.


"Brian nots gonna hurts Joshy.....is he?" Kevin raised his eyebrows at the other adults, then looked down.


"No, Sweetie. Brian could never hurt anyone." Elenore nodded, thinking silently. Had she really just asked Kevin that? Why did she care about stupid Joshy? Maybe because she enjoyed having him as an enemy - the way Leonardo liked Karai as one, until she became the Shredder. Though, she didn't like the trouble they got into because of it.


~*~*~*~*~*~



"I can't believe you gave our fucking daughter up, Shelly!" Sean shouted, as the couple were driving down the road on their way to the house.


"That's what you told me to do, Sean! I was just doing what you fucking told me to as usual!"


"I WAS ON DRUGS AT THE TIME!"


"And that's supposed to be my fault? You're ALWAYS on drugs! How am I supposed to know when your being serious or not? And besides the little shit was getting on my nerves! You don't have to see her 24/7 like I do! I was getting sick of her being around ALL the time! Mommy I want this, Mommy I want that its enough to drive a woman INSANE!"


"Yeah well thanks to you I don't have anyone to take my anger out on! Maybe I should start beating on you instead. Then maybe you will learn not to do stupid things."


"You fucking go right ahead and see what happens. I am NOT your bitch Sean. You touch me and I will murder you in your sleep."


"If you really had the balls you'd murder me while I'm awake," Sean challenged. Suddenly he drove onto the street that their warehouse is on. They drove in silence for a few moments until suddenly they came across their warehouse and found police cars outside of it and tons of officers searching the place.


"Shit…" he cursed under his breath and he drove on past the warehouse and didn't stop until they reached the beach he left Kori to die on. He got out of the car and walked over to the pier they tied her to, Shelly following close behind him as she is very confused.


"FUCK!!" He shouted, when he didn't see a dead body there.


"What's going on Sean?"


"She's ALIVE that's what's going on! And she fucking told the cops where we live too! And god knows what else!"


"Who?"


"Kori!" Sean growled.


"Mortenson?" Shelly asked, highly confused. Sean obviously doesn't tell her much.


"Yes, Mortenson! Now shut up Shelly I need to think!"


"I'm going to get that bitch back I swear. Her and her sister are going to die." He demanded. "Kori is probably staying at that orphanage with Ashley. The both of them are probably telling those people everything and my Trevor isn't there to hear them anymore. All because of that stupid bitch that I should've killed a long time ago. I am through with playing games. They've pissed me off far too much," He spoke with himself while pacing back and fourth on the beach. He thought long and hard for a few moments then he went back to the car and Shelly followed. They got back in and he drove off to his next hiding place hoping to god Ashley didn't give that away too. She is the only one who knows it as she's been there with Sean many times. He turned on his phone and called up his trustful buddy - the only other one besides Trevor and Thomas (who is dead now).


"Hey…Frank? Yeah I need a favor. Kori is alive…and the bitch ratted me out. The cops are at the warehouse right now going through my stuff. I've had it with this shit. I need you and your guys to hide outside the orphanage and watch every Backstreet Boy that comes out - follow them and record their daily activities. Then bring it to me so I can plan my next and hopefully my final attack.


~*~*~*~*~*~


Meanwhile at the Orphanage, Riley went upstairs to the second floor and to Kori's room where she found Kori and Wiley hanging out. They're lying at the foot of their bed watching TV. Spencer is downstairs playing with Dakota so Nick and Ashley have both promised Kori they'd keep an eye on him.


"Hey Kor…can I get those stuff you stole from Sean now?"


"Mm hmm," Kori answered, and she rolled off the bed and went to her nightstand. She opened it up and pulled out a little box that has a lock on it that needs to be opened with a key. She pulled the key from the drawer and opened up the box. She pulled out the picture and the little paper that she wrote the museum code on it and she held them out to Riley. Riley took them from her and she examined the picture of the murder that she caught Sean doing. She shuddered at the very graphic picture.


"Thanks sweetie."


"No problem," Kori replied, though she looked at the picture longingly. She has become rather attached to it. She felt a sort of power knowing that she had the one thing that could land Sean in jail in her possession. It made her feel safe having that control over him. For once she was hurting him instead of the other way around.


"Just take it out of here…" Kori replied softly. Riley who seemed to have understood, nodded and she walked out of the room with the picture and code in hand. Kori stared after it wishing very much that she hadn't given them up. Wiley wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her onto the bed with him so that they're lying side by side and she rested her head against his shoulder.


"You did good…giving that away is a good thing Kor."


"…Are you sure?"


"Positive. The sooner we get this whole situation all taken care of and the sooner Sean and all of his people are in jail you can put this all behind you. That's what you want isn't it?"


"Yeah but…I feel very vulnerable without those things in my possession Wi…"


"Well don't Kori…cause I'm here and I'm not going to let that bastard hurt you. I'm going to protect you."


"Yeah? Well while you're protecting me who is going to protect you? You don't know this guy Wiley. Not like I do." Suddenly Kori's cell phone rang. She sat up and got it off of the nightstand and she turned it on not even bothering to look at the caller ID.


"Hello?" She asked into the phone.


"Hey Kor it's me…" Came Scott's voice through the phone. "Are you going to let me see my son or what?" Kori groaned.


"What? Who is it?" Wiley asked concerned, and he sat up and scooted over to her so that he is sitting next to her.


"Scott," Kori mouthed to Wiley.


"I don't know Scott…I…"


"Come on please? I have to see him Kori."


"It's interesting how you're suddenly calling him your son. Have you changed your mind?"


"No… I - I just want to see him…"


"Then no it's not happening."


"But Kori-"


"Don't BUT Kori me, Scott Jackson! You gave up your rights FIVE years ago! And you still don't want to be his father now so why should I let him see you? Why should I let him see you for five minutes of his life and then watch his little heartbreak when you walk away from him again? It's NOT happening!" Just then, Spencer walked in the room with Dakota at his side.


"Momma, Momma!" he exclaimed excitedly. Kori covered the phone and looked at Spencer.


"Yeah sweetie?"


"Auntie Ashee an' Nicky are gonna takes Dakota to gets ice cream an' they invited me to come! Can I? Pleeease?" Kori smiled at him.


"Sure baby, have fun. Tell Aunt Ashee that she has my cell phone number and can call me if she should need to. Okay?"


"Yay! Okay!" he replied, and he turned and ran out of the room with Dakota at his side, the two of them holding hands. Kori couldn't help but grin as she is happy that him, Dakota, and Elenore have become instant friends. She turned her attention back to Scott.


"Scott? You still there?"


"Yeah…I'm here…was that Spencer in the background?" He asked, and Kori noticed his voice sounds a little different. Like he's trying real hard not to cry.


"Yes, that was him. He was just asking me if he could go get some ice cream with my sister and his new friend."


"He sounds like he's getting so big…"


"He is…every day and you aren't here to see it. He's happy the way things are Scott…please don't ruin that."


"But Kori…"


"Scott, please." Kori pleaded, and with that she hung up her phone.



~*~*~*~*~*~


Meanwhile, downstairs in the lobby when Nick finished helping Dakota get her hoodie on she placed Lily in her pocket and immediately reached for Ashley. Ashley smiled down at her and picked her up and she rested her head against her shoulder. Nick looked down at Spencer who also had a hoodie on. It is very windy out and also looks like rain too. There are dark clouds everywhere.


"Come here little man," He told him, and he lifted him up and onto his shoulders. He made sure Spencer was holding onto him, than he took Ashley's hand and began to lead her out of the Orphanage.


"Should we drive or walk?" He asked her.


"Lets walk Nicky…it's so nice out today." Nick chuckled.


"Okay baby," He replied. "Anything for you." And he lead her off of the Orphanage grounds and onto the sidewalk headed toward town. When they got to Baskin Robins 31 Flavors Nick pulled his hood down over his head and put some sunglasses on.


"Nice shades on a cloudy day, baby," Ashley teased and Nick smirked.


"Hey if Aje can pull it off I can too." They then went inside and Nick and Ashley brought Spencer over to the different ice cream flavors. Dakota stuck her hand in her pocket and pet Lily in attempt to make sure she stays calm. She doesn't even know if they're allowed pets inside the shop.


"What kind of ice cream do you want kiddies?" Nick questioned Dakota and Spencer.


"Rocky Road daddy, please?" Nick chuckled.


"Okay baby," He replied, and he looked up at Spencer.


"What about you little man?"


"Mint Chocolate Chip."


"Okie Dokie," Nick replied and he lifted him up off his shoulders and set him down on the ground.


"Kota why don't you and Spencer go save us that table right over there?" Nick asked, pointing to the booth in the far corner of the store.


"Okay daddy," Dakota replied, and Ashley put her down as well so her and Spencer could run off. Nick wrapped his arm around Ashley's waist and pulled her close to him.


"What about you honey?"


"I'll have Rocky Road too - in a small cup."


"Okay," He replied and he began to order the ice cream, getting himself some cookies n cream in a cone. When he finished he handed Ashley hers, than took her hand and brought her to the table that he asked the kids to save for them. When they got there they sat in the side that was empty while Dakota and Spencer sat on the other side. Nick is personally glad that the kids chose the side that was facing everybody in the store because all the people in the store could see of Nick and Ashley is their backs. As long as he keeps his hood on he's good. He pulled his sunglasses off and stuck them on the table and he wrapped an arm around Ashley as she leaned into him comfortably.


"I wish Ellie was here…she'd gets the Kit-Kat flavor as that's her favorite." Dakota announced sadly.


"Aww…honey I know. We'll come back here again some other day when Ellie isn't grounded. I promise." Nick replied, as he knows this punishment is killing her just as much as it's killing Elenore.


"We've got Spencer here though, that's fun right? Maybe when you two are finished with your ice cream Nicky will let you go play the video games in the little arcade they've got here." Ashley suggested. Dakota grinned happily.


"Daddy can we??" Nick chuckled a bit.


"Sure thing, sweetheart. Just as long as you eat that ice cream all gone - you too Spencer. Then I will give you two a handful of quarters to spend." Dakota and Spencer sat quietly eating their ice cream in attempt to finish it fast - but not too fast that they'd get a brain freeze, so that they can go play. When they finished they looked up at Nick eagerly. He chuckled and then pulled out his wallet and he got out a bunch of quarters for them, giving them each the same amount.


"You come get me if you need me honey and please don't talk to strangers. If it's a Baskin Robin's guy or another little kid then go ahead, but if it's a stranger you know the rules right?"


"Yes daddy," Dakota nodded.


"Okay," he replied and she and Spencer ran over to the arcade. They can still see them from where they're sitting but he still wanted to make sure Dakota was aware of the rules. When they were gone he turned his attention on Ashley. He had finished his ice cream cone and she was just finishing up her own cup of Rocky Road. He grinned and wrapped both his arms around her.


"You have a little something right there," he told her, pointing to the corner of her mouth. She went to reach for a napkin but he gently took her hand into his, intertwining her fingers with his own and he placed his other hand to her cheek before leaning down and brushing his lips softly against hers, sucking lightly on her lower lip and tasting the delicious rocky road flavor. She wrapped her arms around him in return and kissed him back. When he pulled away he rested his forehead against hers.


"All better," he told her and she giggled a little.


"Are you kissing me in public now, Mister? You're quite the dare devil." He smirked.


"No one will ever know it's me…I chose this table for a reason you know. And the fans know me pretty well but I don't think they're going to notice me from behind - maybe if I didn't have this hood on, but I do so we're safe. To them I look like just an ordinary person out with his girlfriend wearing a hoodie with a hood pulled over my head."


"You ARE an ordinary person out with his girlfriend wearing a hoodie with a hood pulled over your head," Ashley replied. He chuckled a bit.


"I'm glad you think so, but if I wasn't in this disguise I think a ton of screaming fans would beg to differ honey." Ashley looked around the shop and saw several teenage girls sitting around with their friends eating ice cream. None of them having a care in the world about Nick and Ashley sitting in the corner. Ashley smirked.


"Duck Nick, one of them is looking this way!" She whispered in a quiet urgent voice, and Nick's eyes widened in horror, before shrinking down in his seat and Ashley giggled, highly amused.